N-Europe

Animal Crossing Update

Zelda_Rulez

E3 2007: Animal Crossing Update

Hopefully we’ll be able to show you something before too long, says Miyamoto.

by Matt Casamassina

July 12, 2007 - During a recent one-on-one interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, the famed Nintendo producer talked briefly about progress on the Wii version of Animal Crossing, Here’s what he had to say:

“The Animal Crossing team has been very busy working on a variety of different projects. Actually, the Mii Channel was put together by the director of the most recent Animal Crossing game. His name is Mr. Nogami. Recently he said he really wants to get back to work on Animal Crossing again, so hopefully we’ll be able to show something to people before too long.”

The title was announced previously and is expected to make full use of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Source: IGN

Glad to hear this, maybe they'll show something at TGS.

So what's he been doing for the past year and a half that we've been expecting it?
Working on the Mii Channel by the sounds of things. :hmm:

Have to admit I was disappointed that we didn't see anything on this at E3 though. To me it is by far the most exciting title to take advantage of Wii Connect 24, and the online aspect of Wild World was really good so any expansion to that would be great.

Let's just pray that localisation is taking place while the game is in development so we don't have another gargantuan wait for the PAL version.

Working on the Mii Channel by the sounds of things. :hmm:

Have to admit I was disappointed that we didn't see anything on this at E3 though. To me it is by far the most exciting title to take advantage of Wii Connect 24, and the online aspect of Wild World was really good so any expansion to that would be great.

Let's just pray that localisation is taking place while the game is in development so we don't have another gargantuan wait for the PAL version.

Yep I agree, I'm even more annoyed because of the fact that when we first saw the Wii it was tentatively dated at 2007 and then japan had the anime which ended hinting at a Wii version coming soon and now nothing not even a mention.

The point of what they've been working on is a good one. I mean what are all the R & D departments doing? I mean finishing off Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart and then Wii Fit...thats it really no new DS games shown off, no other Wii games other than what we know what are they doing?

I want the new Animal Crossing to look different. Completely different, fresh, and new. Everyone knows that the first AC for Gamecube was originally for the N64, hence the game's HORRIBLE graphics. But now that they're making one for the Wii, I have very high expectations for the visual appearance of this game.

I want the new Animal Crossing to look different. Completely different, fresh, and new. Everyone knows that the first AC for Gamecube was originally for the N64, hence the game's HORRIBLE graphics. But now that they're making one for the Wii, I have very high expectations for the visual appearance of this game.

yeah I've felt like this for awhile, playing a mates import copy of Animal Forest shows it really hasn't changed since then.

There is so much untapped potential to the game still, online could be rolled out much better, there could be more shops, more interactive furniture, how about bringing back the NES games (wouldn't actually happen because of VC) But how about let you put you VC games in your house and people could demo's of them when they are round, create more competitive special days. I say give us Mii characters instead as well. If we are made to wait for it (can't see it arriving here before late 2008 at the earliest) then I want a complete revamp whilst still keeping the core charm that makes it so endearing.