NEurope
jammy2211

Nitro Bike

Now Ubi is going to talk about 3 new brands. The first is a Wii-exclusive title called Nitro Bike. The trailer gives dictionary definitions of dirt bike and nitroglycerin. Okay so this is a motorcycle racing game where the vehicles have rockets strapped to them. 20 levels, online play, steer with the Wiimote. It's coming holiday season of this year. Looks like a combination of Excite Truck, Jet Moto, and ATV Offroad.

Expect more news soon I guess. Great to see another online Wii game, third parties are starting to catch up in that department it seems.

Source - http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/804/804244p1.html

"Looks like a combination of Excite Truck, Jet Moto, and ATV Offroad."

Excitebikes. :rolleyes:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/804/804226p1.html

Ubisoft Announces Nitro Bike

New online game coming to Wii.

At its press conference in Santa Monica, CA, French publisher Ubisoft announced a new Wii game named Nitro Bikes.

Shown in trailer-form, the game is an online take on Nintendo's own ExciteBike featuring dirt bikes, nitro and competitive online action for up to six players.

More as it breaks.

Can't wait to see this!

The trailer impressed me, it looked like alot of fun and pretty dam exhilerating. I think I might consider a purchase if the online has plenty of functionality (rankings) and if the offline multiplayer is alot more enjoyable then Excite Trucks.

But if it's releasing around Metroid, Mario, RE:UC it's going to be forgotten very quickly.

Kinda meh.
Agreed!

Ubisoft Game Developer....

"OK.... first to cut out this Truck...... now...... paste this Bike..and.............. OK cool! job done!"

"Ummmm.........anyone wanna go for an early lunch?"

TBH this might tide me over til Excite Truck 2. I know that its a horrendous copy but its online and will likely have more track variety (something that ExciteTruck lacked a bit).

Agreed!

Ubisoft Game Developer....

"OK.... first to cut out this Truck...... now...... paste this Bike..and.............. OK cool! job done!"

Ubisoft are NOT developing the game. They are only publishing the game

Left Field Productions, are developing the game. They created Excitebike 64, and that was far from a mediocre game.

Left Field Productions, are developing the game. They created Excitebike 64, and that was far from a mediocre game.
Yes but... are they using N64's engine? (overexagerating I know, but it could easily run on PS2)

That's the problem actually, 2007 timeframe is too soon to release this game, and the graphics are kinda bland.

oh cmon pedro, its a crappy video capture. Unless you know what ur looking for then they even make Mario Galaxy look a bit "OK".

I have following vision about the game. Guillemot is reading latest Nintendo Power and sees reviews for Excite Truck. He rushes to his development team and says "Make similar game except within 6 months. Pronto!". And team programs... :indeed:

I have following vision about the game. Guillemot is reading latest Nintendo Power and sees reviews for Excite Truck. He rushes to his development team and says "Make similar game except within 6 months. Pronto!". And team programs... :indeed:

IIRC....the fantastic Excite Truck received poor reviews...so why would they copy it?

oh cmon pedro, its a crappy video capture. Unless you know what ur looking for then they even make Mario Galaxy look a bit "OK".
It's still their official trailer, and I'm the client they're selling their product to... It's not the Mario Galaxy standard, the game looks average for PS2, did you look at the bike's policounts? even the wheels aren't round. Excite bike looked great... hell, that Ubisoft Xbox truck game port on launch looked better:

monster-4x4-world-circuit-20060925094810636.jpg

It's almost if Ubisoft is kidding us. Zero effort, if these guys are so good, inject some money there and give them time, don't rush a title out of the door for christmas 2007.

Ubisoft are NOT developing the game. They are only publishing the game

Alright calm down!

No one had mentioned Left Field in the thread!

Yes the produced the fantastic Excitebike 64!

This however looks very rushed! and just because it's Left Field, doesn't make it less of an Excitetruck copy and paste!

Looks like they're just trying to cash in very quickly (too quickly) on something they know works!

looks rubbish, has a rubbish name and is published by a rubbish publisher which has a pedigree for publishing rubbish. My prediction, er... it'll be rubbish!

I still have faith in ubisoft to screw it up somehow. I can't believe how situations have changed. EA are now good and ubisoft are turning into what ea used to be.

I loved the n64 version of excite truck. Hope this is as good.

I always thought Excite Truck looked like an N64 game :wink:

It's still their official trailer, and I'm the client they're selling their product to... It's not the Mario Galaxy standard, the game looks average for PS2, did you look at the bike's policounts? even the wheels aren't round. Excite bike looked great... hell, that Ubisoft Xbox truck game port on launch looked better:

monster-4x4-world-circuit-20060925094810636.jpg

Gonna have to totally disagree with you mate. Dunno how you can make such claims about the poly count because it looks fine to me in motion. I actually think that the rider animation is pretty good too. I haven't played the xbox game you've shown but I'm hoping that you're just exagerating because if you're not, I'm not sure that we're watching the same vid.

I always thought Excite Truck looked like an N64 game :wink:

Either you're kidding or you're completly blind. ;)

Anyway, if it's made by left field, it will probably rock.

Gonna have to totally disagree with you mate. Dunno how you can make such claims about the poly count because it looks fine to me in motion. I actually think that the rider animation is pretty good too. I haven't played the xbox game you've shown but I'm hoping that you're just exagerating because if you're not, I'm not sure that we're watching the same vid.
No, I haven't played it (nor do I plan to), now... I believe this game will be better because ubi's 4x4 truck game was horrible. Still technically the color palete was ritcher as well as the particles and lightning effects.

As for polycounts... I mean this:

Nitrobike_E3_10.jpg

Look at the wheel and l the wheel polycount (and the whole bike) it's really, really bad looking.

It also seemed plain, bland looking in motion IMO

Now I didn't know this was done by left field, so I won't comment on quality just yet, let's hope it's good, but it's clearly not a looker but it's being published by ubisoft a full year after launch. Not acceptable, coming from Ubi.