NEurope
jammy2211

Nitro Bike

So it's Excitebike 64 2. Awesome, i've been waiting for ages for Left Field to get the sequel out.

There's too much Nitro in the trailer - makes it look like you should use Nitro whenever possible instead of reasonably measuring it.

Apart from that it looks quite fun.

Look at the wheel and l the wheel polycount (and the whole bike) it's really, really bad looking.

I'll have to remember that when I pause the game and move the camera to the side while playing ;)

Seriously, it all looks fine to me, about Excite Truck level graphics, which was in no way bad. If have enough time to examine whether the wheels have enough polygons to look completely round, then I'll be putting the game down for having no gameplay whatsoever!

If have enough time to examine whether the wheels have enough polygons to look completely round, then I'll be putting the game down for having no gameplay whatsoever!
Well put, although I don't think, from that I've seen that the graphics are in the Excite Truck league.

Still, coming from left field I'll keep and eye for it.

Well put, although I don't think, from that I've seen that the graphics are in the Excite Truck league.

Still, coming from left field I'll keep and eye for it.

They're not on ET's league not even with a long stick.

(While this is true, I'm actually trying to bait bard lol)

nitrobike-20070712080943394.jpg

excite-truck-20060914075913350.jpg

nitrobike-20070712080947753.jpg

excite-truck-20060914075913975.jpg

Images don't do either game justice though.

the fact that it is 4:3 makes me wonder if this is done on a gamecube development syste and there might be more to it.

ANyway, I'm happy with it as I like games that make me salivate. I dont like the rocket booster though. I like excite truck for looking real but having unreal physics if you know what I mean.

But Ubisoft make me VOMIT. So I shall not be buying this sick filth.

Maybe Excite Truck didn't look that shabby after all, still, rubbish name.

Well they wanted to market it as Excitebike's successor. It does sound awfully like a hillbilly game though.

This game doesnt seem to have much interest on this board, I personally am very excited. The first 3rd party Wii game, 10 player online possibly (minimum 6), Excitebike pedigree (I still love that game now!!!), Excite Truck influenece - what ISNT there to be excited about? Also, progressive scan and 16:9 modes confirmed!! This could be a bigger sleeper hit then eledees!!

New screen shots and interview on wii.ign.com

This game doesnt seem to have much interest on this board, I personally am very excited. The first 3rd party Wii game, 10 player online possibly (minimum 6), Excitebike pedigree (I still love that game now!!!), Excite Truck influenece - what ISNT there to be excited about? Also, progressive scan and 16:9 modes confirmed!! This could be a bigger sleeper hit then eledees!!

Its made by the same people as that PSP/Wii BMX game - which is said to be the worst PSP game there is. And Nitrobike looks like it uses the same game engine as that PSP game.

There are plenty of reasons to not be excited.

?? Do you mean 1st online 3rd party game? Surely this is going to madden 07 although in Japan I think 3rd parties may have realsed an online game already.

Anyway yeh I want to get this mainly due to the online mode it looks awesome.

My only concern here is the graphics which look shit In all fairness

I can never get over the fact that f-zero gx. A gamecube game can accomplish speed and great graphics and also a 4player mode.Great story mode and so on.. BUt I guess we are talking about a way higher budget here.

.. Also a question I always want to know but the interviews never share is..

Does it have split screen multiplayer? Or Is it 4 player?

?? Do you mean 1st online 3rd party game? Surely this is going to madden 07 although in Japan I think 3rd parties may have realsed an online game already.

Anyway yeh I want to get this mainly due to the online mode it looks awesome.

Yea, theres 3 or 4 3rd party online Wii games in Japan, and theres many other 3rd party online games out over here this year.

To have a good online mode, the game has to be good in the first place.

To have a good online mode, the game has to be good in the first place.

Well said.

How can people say the graphics look like Excite Trucks? :wtf: They're completely different. i.e. Worse.

Hmmm no one has mentioned this game in a while and whilst preordering some games online I saw this game is coming out on 7th of december for the bargain bucket price of £19.99 (online price!).

Now thats a damn cheap price for a game created by Left Field creators of the acclaimed Excitebike64. Lets not forget that its online too and will have at least 6 players online although they did say they were gonna try and make it 10 online!

Now all pics so far seen of this game are from August 10th so some refinements to it's presentation can be made.

nitrobike-20070810032531129.jpg

nitrobike-20070810032531801.jpg

nitrobike-20070810032532519.jpg

nitrobike-20070810033548195.jpg

Now this just got me thinking £20 for an online racer ok the graphics aren't great (although they may be improved but hard to tell as no new images have been seen) the gameplay hopefully will be solid and between 6-10 players online. I think this might be a little gem of a title and worth keeping an eye on (then again it could be a pile of shit, but I'm feeling optimistic!).

I'd be very surprised if this isn't awful.

Yup you could be right but then again if it is a good little game then £20 is a great price for a Wii online racer - could tide us all over until Mario Kart.

I think the game looks good in a lot of ways and I LOVE Excitebike 64; but the signs arent brilliant - not much about it, no platest, low price....... I would really like it to be amazing as I have a little softspot for alternative motoracing games - well, excitbike and waverace!

but the signs arent brilliant - not much about it, no platest, low price.......

Not to mention that it looks like it's using the exact same engine as the horribly awful BMX PSP (and Wii) racing game Left Field made.

I'm looking forward to this for multiplayer, since I loved (and still play) Excite Truck's single player, but its multiplayer just didn't do it for me. Also, I'm shocked at how many people say Excite Truck looked bad. For me, it's on a par with SSX Blur.

Delayed

“We actually had enough products for the year, so we concentrated on the ones that were most important for the year.” - Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot

Sounds like Ubisoft are calling their own game rubbish...