N-Europe

Cape Wrath

Slaggis

Anyone just watch this new series on channel 4?

It was really good actually, probably because it was directed by the guy that directs alot of csi episodes. Lots of good british actors and some really strange stories.

Basically everyone in the village is on witness protection for all manner of things. Everyone has a secret. Everyone has a past.

Its really strange show, very, very twisted, but I can't wait for the next episode.

I watched it, and I'm watching E4 now for the next episode, I came here because I have a question about it.

What...the fuck?

so, they're all in some village, appears to be a witness protection village but, everyone must be ex criminals?

main character is there with wife and like teenage twins(brother and siter), the brother's a bit weird, the girl's got some spark with the town's handyman who seems a bit sex crazed who runs to the main character's house to find his daughter because apparently she's his last hope or something, finds her in her room, only it's her brother dressed up like her, and because the brother is scared his starts to beat him up and tries to rape him then the dad comes home(who's been running away from some other guy) strangles this guy in front of his son but, it's like half the fucking story is missing, it's acting like these are all normal things that happen every day, and have a perfectly logical and obvious reason, so obvious we should know because they clearly arent letting anything slip? I am thoroughly confused.

I'm watching the FirstLook on E4 right now. Quite like it.

Am I wrong to think there is some supernatural stuff going on? The guy with his hands looked like pyrokinesis and he really did not want to take off those gloves. Plus everyone thinking that the large girl is uber-hot.

I know, I could totally tell that Jack bastard was trouble within 30 seconds of him being on screen. However I didn't see such a sudden end, if you will. Second ep is looking a little more mellow, filling out the plot etc. I hope I'm not going to get hooked on this, I watch enough tv as it is.

I know, I could totally tell that Jack bastard was trouble within 30 seconds of him being on screen. However I didn't see such a sudden end, if you will. Second ep is looking a little more mellow, filling out the plot etc. I hope I'm not going to get hooked on this, I watch enough tv as it is.

lol. I actually imagined this to be like a UK version of desperate houswives kinda thing at first. How wrong was I :laughing:

Its also funded by an american company(and channel 4), so unless it does well their aswell (which it hasn't really) there might only be 8 eps :hmm:

Oh god could you imagine a British DH? It would be terrible. What appeals to me most about DH is total and utter difference to how we live here and the superficiality. But then again who knows, it could be awesome.

Oh god could you imagine a British DH? It would be terrible. What appeals to me most about DH is total and utter difference to how we live here and the superficiality. But then again who knows, it could be awesome.

Thats what I was thinking, and why I bothered to watch it. Turned out I was wrong (probably a good thing) and it turned out pretty great. Its certainly origional.

I thought it was more in the style of Lost, though I haven't really seen very much of Lost to pass judgement, but it's all rather mysterious like. Razza, I must have missed that guy you mentioned in the spoiler, I don't remember anything of the sort! I was well confused by them talking about how Beautiful that girl was though.

I thought it was more in the style of Lost, though I haven't really seen very much of Lost to pass judgement, but it's all rather mysterious like. Razza, I must have missed that guy you mentioned in the spoiler, I don't remember anything of the sort! I was well confused by them talking about how Beautiful that girl was though.

Never say it was like LOST again! lol Lost is absolute utter shite. Infact that doesn't even describe it.

The girl thing was a little wierd, but then again so's the whole village so I just went along with it :p

there is no paranormal at all. the sone was burnt in the fire. that is why his hands are covered up. i dont get what people are confused about. i got it all. i have only seen the first episode so if you want to ask me something go ahead and i will answer.

I watched the first episode last night, was not impressed in the slightest. In face I was incredibly pissed off, due to all the comparisons to Twin Peaks, which as you all should know is the finest TV show to ever grace this earth. After about 5 minutes of Grape Wrath it was glaringly obvious that they were trying to do a David Lynch, but that they were so self-conciously "weird" that they lost any sense of subtlty that they could have had, and should have had if they wanted to make the thing work at all.

Added to that the fact that the show was so clearly contrived to be a "Lost" type epic-pull-in-the-viewers show for Channel 4 and it really was a very poor showing.

I also thought it was funny that the only past experience of professional writing that one of the two writers had was writing the cutscenes for Killzone which, although i've never played it, i'm sure has some absolutely dire dialogue, after all it is a videogame.

I watched the first episode last night, was not impressed in the slightest. In face I was incredibly pissed off, due to all the comparisons to Twin Peaks, which as you all should know is the finest TV show to ever grace this earth. After about 5 minutes of Grape Wrath it was glaringly obvious that they were trying to do a David Lynch, but that they were so self-conciously "weird" that they lost any sense of subtlty that they could have had, and should have had if they wanted to make the thing work at all.

Added to that the fact that the show was so clearly contrived to be a "Lost" type epic-pull-in-the-viewers show for Channel 4 and it really was a very poor showing.

I also thought it was funny that the only past experience of professional writing that one of the two writers had was writing the cutscenes for Killzone which, although i've never played it, i'm sure has some absolutely dire dialogue, after all it is a videogame.

It actually was a sort of tribute thing to twin peaks lol. The director bloke said on "this morning" (and one of the actresses). I've never seen twin peaks though, so have no idea.