NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ViPeR

Force Feedback

Well going by what IGN said in their description of the controller demo it will apparently have force feedback incorporated later in development

"This demo showed off just how sensitive the controller gyroscopic-like detection will be in 3-D space. Not just left, right, up and down...but forward and back as well. Essentially, the player is engaged to utilize the controller to "pick up a fishing rod" and "cast" it into the water using simple intuituive movements. When the player feels a "bite" on the end of the line (represented by force feedback which will be present in the final controller), simply pulling back on the controller would reel the unlucky fish in. You can bet the next NEXT Zelda will be building off of this"

I've been told this is wrong, so what's going on is this a guess on IGN's part or is it real fact. I would have thought a function like that will only enhance the experience even more. Walking into objects in the game world and having the controller physically stopping you.

Well I was only going by all the force feedback crap on C-E. I mean yes, a rumble pack would be the obvious assumption but there was that rumoured technology that was talked about where the controller can physically stop the gamer from turning the controller in a certain direction. Now this maybe unlikely due to power consumption but I don't know all the technical jizz.

Damn technical terms. Well Ok, let's change this topic a second. Supposing the Revolution is successful. The new control method will be the way forward and so advancing on it would be the natural thing to do for the generation after. Could we be seeing this technology being implemented into future controllers. I mean all it can do is enhance the experience even more.

well kind of but im thinkin in nintendos context it means say if u crashed the controller would jolt back instead of just rumble

Force feedback (if not available this gen) will be in the next next gen along with visors possibley. OK so they seem a bit stupid now, because they're big, and bulky, and when you wear them, you look stupid. But apparently the first decent visor projection technology into something the size of shades is happening in 2007. Firstly, it'll be as simple as basic imagery. Something like a heart monitor for runners etc. But by the time Nintendo's next console after Revolution comes out in about 2012 or whatever, these will have been on the market for a few years, so it might be possible to put a 3D images inside the lens, giving th impression of being inside the game.

Well, I don't think Nintendo will stop here. They've always strived to be the innovation of the industry. If visors are the way forward you can bet they'll be the first ones to implement them.

I for one wil think about buying a vizor for my revolution. (the kind they sell in stores now)

Waste of money if you ask me. They're crap, I've tried one, hated it.

Proper forcefeedback would wipe out the batteries in minutes. Moving parts always eat batteries faster (see PSP)

Nintendo are the battery masters, however! I'm sure that Nintendo could squeeze 10 hour charge out of gyro equiped controllers.

Sign in to follow this