NEurope
Daft

Wimbledon

What the hell happened to Williams today? She hurt or something?

She completely cramped up, but then it started raining so they had to stop! She's 5-2 up in the 3rd set now though...

I was at Wimbledon on Thursday and Friday, saw the Henman epic, was a good match, he just kind of ran out of gas in the end.

She completely cramped up, but then it started raining so they had to stop! She's 5-2 up in the 3rd set now though...

I was at Wimbledon on Thursday and Friday, saw the Henman epic, was a good match, he just kind of ran out of gas in the end.

I thought she was 4-2 down and about to serve? and it was the Second set after she won the first 6-2 i think.

The match was great, and it was sooo emotional when she got cramp-really glad it rained as i would have hated to see her loose like that. I can't believe she carried on, you could see and hear the amount of pain she was in!

If Ivanovic can finish off Petrova, she will set up a moutwatering encounter with Vaidisova in the next round. Book the day off work folks. :D

Daniela is still my favourite though. I'm furious at the way she was cheated out of it by Serena yesterday :mad:

Ivanovic rocks my world!

I think I just saw a pig fly past my window. Me and hobbz actually agree on something :D

Ivanovic rocks my world!

ana_polugola-753379.jpg

Me Like

I need to clean up my keyboard :red:

Thank god its raining...Sharapova was getting a battering...

Just watched the Connors/McEnroe final because it's raining. It's nice to see some classic players playing.

I've always wondered... What does the "R" stand for, "rain" or "replay"?

The big R is for Replay. They have it there when it's not raining.

Agh, not been watching this. I heard Roddick set a new serve speed record. Can't remember what it was though.

God Sharapova was completely outplayed :(

Grrr she looked so pretty aswell.

Ivanovic vs. Vaidisova is second on Centre today :D

anaMOS010707_468x620.jpg

normal_ssssssssss5.jpg

EDIT: Ana is safely through to the semis :yay:

Henin v Bartoli

Ivanovic v Venus

Not sure I care who wins the womens outta them four. Bartoli has to be the least likely to win it over all, but she's done fantastic to make it to the last four so anythings possible as long as she doesnt choke up against Henin. Speaking of Justine, it would be ironic if she didnt win it this year again seeing as its the the only Slam she's yet to get lol. Ivanovic I would like to see winning it purely because of her history and how well she did at the French a few weeks ago only to bottle it in the final... and Venus, well whats left to be said about her and Serena like. Fantastic players and she would fully deserve to win another Wimbledon title.

The mens side is much more interesting. I want Federer to win and continue his dominance obviously, and I want that scum Nadal to just lose asap but apart from them two its interesting to see how everything else falls into place. I would have loved another Federer v Roddick final, so lets hope that prospective semi doesnt disappoint! :hehe:

Henin FTW!!

She's an awesome players and Wimbledon is the only Grand Slam event she hasn't won, she deserves to win all four of them!

Shame Hewitt's gone out, Nadal FTW now!

Federer is just SOOOO boring! Try showing abit of charisma/personality!

You can't really say "Nadal FTW" then say Federer is boring. Nadal is all power and stamina. Federer is an excellent player to watch because he's so good. He can do absolutely everything, he makes wonderful shots that don't seem possible.

You can't really say "Nadal FTW" then say Federer is boring. Nadal is all power and stamina. Federer is an excellent player to watch because he's so good. He can do absolutely everything, he makes wonderful shots that don't seem possible.
I can say that, because as awesome as Federer is, his complete lack of emotion on court just makes him disinteresting to watch for me!

Federer loses the point... :blank: Federer wins the point.... :blank: Federer wins the match.. :smile:

Justine Henin is a babe.

As John McEnroe might say... you cannot be serious?! Not only is she ugly, but she is French (it is a well known fact that Belgium is in France).

Turn on BBC2 now and watch the McEnroe - Borg final. There's just been an incredible tie-break. Borg had 7 Championship points, in the end McEnroe won it 18-16. Just about to go onto the 5th set now.

Edit - They didn't show the 5th set, just the match point.

They just showed that tie break cos its so epic and so well remembered!

Whats the matter with how Federer behaves on court? Just because he doesnt loose the plot all the time and flaunt his freakily large bicep like Nadal, doesnt mean he's boring. It cannot be denied that because of his style of playing (finesse AND power) that he's not one of the most exciting to watch. And a major plus point is that he doesnt scream and yell like Nadal does.

Have a look at past dominating forces at Wimbledon like Borg and Sampras, they both held themselves together incredibly well, won a host of titles, and are lovingly remembered for it all! :heh:

Whats the matter with how Federer behaves on court? Just because he doesnt loose the plot all the time and flaunt his freakily large bicep like Nadal, doesnt mean he's boring. It cannot be denied that because of his style of playing (finesse AND power) that he's not one of the most exciting to watch. And a major plus point is that he doesnt scream and yell like Nadal does.

Have a look at past dominating forces at Wimbledon like Borg and Sampras, they both held themselves together incredibly well, won a host of titles, and are lovingly remembered for it all! :heh:

I'm not saying he isn't a fantastic player, I can totally recognise and appreciate the talent he has, it's just personally I find him very boring to watch! I also found Sampras extremely boring!

I prefer to see the player show there emotions out there and have a personality!

and that's why I prefer to watch the likes of Hewitt, Agassi and McEnroe, so much more!

Its all a matter of opinion because I don't find Nadal great to watch. My favourite players to watch are Federer, Baghdatis and Djokovic. I find it astounding how Federer makes everything look so easy.

Roddick FTW!

apart from the fact hes an awesome player, he dated mandy moore. Nuff said.:bowdown:

COMMON DJOKOVIC!!!!!

I swear every player I support starts playing crap when I start watching....

Yuss! Just won £6.20 because Djokovic retired and Nadal got through to the final. :)

Can't believe I saw Federer against Gasquet in the semis. I thought Roddick won, but he did start to go downhill when I stopped watching.

Federer is such a good player, some of the shots he pulled off.

Nadal won quite luckily I think. Losing the first set then winning the second because of the other players injury.

Nadal and Federer in the final, who'd thunk it.