N-Europe

The Peace and Love Thread

Excelle

Everyone seems to be so angry and ready to rip each other's throats out these days.

So here's a thread where we talk about the good stuff that's happened to us and why life is good :yay:

Can't be that hard, surely? Surely?!

So to start - I did pretty much nothing today, but I've had a week's holiday so I feel relaxed and ready to deal with the world when I go back to work on Monday. Plus I get to see my best mate tomorrow and it feels like a lifetime since I last spoke to him, so that's good too :grin:

I'm going to paris with two mates on july the 3rd for 4 days. I can't wait, it should be one of the best weeks of my life. Its nice to finally have exams over and beable to have a well deserved break.

Ooo I remember that feeling. And when I finished my exams at uni - complete freedom from exams forevermore! Much beer consumed that day I can tell you :grin:

Ooo I remember that feeling. And when I finished my exams at uni - complete freedom from exams forevermore! Much beer consumed that day I can tell you :grin:

lol unfortunatly its not legal for me to drink alcohol yet, though in france when i'm there, it is! Fun times are ahead my friend.

We really shouldn't need a thread dedicated to feeling happy, however since we have one does this say something about todays society?

Well it's less that people are less happy, they just need to bring more of it to N-E :)

I'm not says this thread is bad or anything however wouldn't it be more effective to intervene where you see aggression? Just a simple post in a heated discussion to cool it down, No need for a whole new thread wince that won't have most influence over other threads.

So to start - I did pretty much nothing today, but I've had a week's holiday so I feel relaxed and ready to deal with the world when I go back to work on Monday.

Did you enjoy the North of Wales then? How'd it go?

I'm happy, because my best female mate is coming home from York University on Friday, and we have a lot of things planned, to to together :smile:

I'm happy, because my best female mate is coming home from York University on Friday, and we have a lot of things planned, to to together :smile:

Sounds kinky. :wink:

Even though crap has been happening in my life, I can now hopefully start feeling happy cause my summer vacation is starting, I'll be going to a festival with friends (one day) and pretty much right after that I'll be seeing my dear boyboy again for three weeks. We've got a lot of stuff planned (game shopping, game playing, sleeping, eating, cooking, Sea World, Harry Potter movie, random tv/movie watching, lots of hugging and cuddling etc.), so I'm looking forward to a time where I can finally relax a little again and let the stress disappear (hopefully).

Only bad thing about it is the long flight (two flights even) and the fact it'll end after three weeks. D:

It was cracking actually, although one of the party was ill for a bit, which kind of put a dampener on things (as well as the rain). A friend of mine brought his Wii, so we got a fair bit of Monkey Ball/Excite Truck/Bomberman/Streets of Rage in while the weather wasn't doing the right thing.

I also walked up the Glyders (twice), although some bits were more like scrambling than walking - near vertical slope! As popped along to Caernarfon and Portmeirion. Caernarfon was where we bought all the beer from ;)

I was surprised (despite having been to Wales a lot) quite how many Welsh speakers there are in the north-west. I was very confused when being spoken welsh at by the supermarket checkout girl, given I know somewhere around 10 words of Welsh, and they were none of them!