NEurope
Dyson

Accents

Spawning from the MPT about Irish accents, I figured I'd make a thread about it as it's quite a nice subject.

What accent do you have?

If you could have any accent, what would you have?

And of course,

Which is your favorite accent? And are there any you just can't stand?

I personally find the whole reality surrounding accents intriguing. It's fantastic that simply because of our surroundings etc we learn to speak in a different way to someone else. I have a slight Norfolk accent, but mainly straight English now. Irish accents are my favorite by far, and I would definitely have one if I had the choice!

And whilst I'm posting, might as well point out that Scouse accents really get on my nerves most of the time. No offense to the scousers of the board!

People say that I have a slightly American accent.

Yorkshire accents really annoy me. Can't understand what they're saying most of the time.

I come from the south (cambridge) but now live in the north (pickering), so I have a sort of mixed accent really. I prefer the one I used to have though tbh, its much more british I think.

As I'm from the 6th richest town in the country, my accent is rather posh and snobby-sounding.

West Country accents make me laugh, if only due to them reminding me of a Bill Bailey joke about them. :indeed:

No accent for me... I wish I had one though.:)

That's strong coming from someone who lives in Unalaska...:wink:

Or is it spelt "arse end of no where"? :heh:

That's strong coming from someone who lives in Unalaska...:wink:

Or is it spelt "arse end of no where"? :heh:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Errr I just sound like the average American White person.

What I mean is that you live in a place in America that probably has very few immigrants, so your accent is probably (as you have confirmed) very much a typical American one.

so you have an american accent then. Everyone has some sort of accent.

I dont really have an accent, I certainly dont have the Essex accent. I love a sexy accent though I assume its because I dont have one. A lovely lady speaking with a Welsh accent is hottness personified.

I have an english scottish german accent :) With a hint of man.

My favourite accent is Russian.

I have a South London accent...

It frustratingly stops me from pronouncing my "t's", people who were playing Gears last night probably noticed I say "wa'er" instead of "water".

What I mean is that you live in a place in America that probably has very few immigrants, so your accent is probably (as you have confirmed) very much a typical American one.

Actually the town is probably around 3/4 asian. :heart:

so you have an american accent then. Everyone has some sort of accent.

Yeah I suppose I do...

HATE my voice. It's english, fairly posh, but has a quality I hate.

My most hated voice is really strong/rough scottish accents. I can't understand wht they're saying, it's so slurred.

(I live in Edinburgh too..)

Actually the town is probably around 3/4 asian. :heart:

Yeah I suppose I do...

Lots of people loathe the american accent but I think its rather brilliant, unless its the southern accent which I hate to the point where I wish that part of america never existed. That (normal american) and the traditional britsh accent (i.e posh) are my favourite accents.

Oh yeah, I meant to say "normal" american is the accent I'd want.

I have a very slight scouse tint in my accent. Not fully scouse but you can certainly tell where I come from.

Unless its the southern accent which I hate to the point where I wish that part of america never existed.

I hate it too. Even though I am American, I can't stand "Redneck" accents. That accent for some reason just makes me want to scream. :mad: Whenever I hear someone with that accent talking, honestly, I always think the same thing to myself. "Just shut the fuck up."

I hate it too. Even though I am American, I can't stand "Redneck" accents. That accent for some reason just makes me want to scream. :mad: Whenever I hear someone with that accent talking, honestly, I always think the same thing to myself. "Just shut the fuck up."

I know what you mean. There is something about it that makes them sound like they have no idea what they are talking about...

I find the Lancashire Accent so irritating...it's a cross between Mancunian and Scouse...

It's the English Hillbillie accent

I know what you mean. There is something about it that makes them sound like they have no idea what they are talking about...

Probably because most of the time they don't. XD

I used to find the Welsh accent really awesome in girls - but it's been so long since I met a Welsh girl I'm not sure if that's even true anymore.

I probably have a bit of an accent but I'm not sure. I feel like I just have an average blend of nothingness.

I agree with Shorty, Welsh Girls and their Accents is a turn on...

If they are a looker :P

Ireland (Particularly in the in the east coast) has a multitude of accents.

I myself consider mine to be quite normal, nothing too extravagant.

one of my favourites has th be the D4 accent though, priceless. ;)

I live in Essex but don't have the accent. I'm not common. :P

When I'm drunk I go slightly Australian as I lived there all last year. It sometimes rears it head when I'm sober but not as much as when I'm drunk.

Irish accents on good looking men are nice, but on ugly ones it's irritating.