NEurope
KKOB

Bioshock

What the demo doesnt show is things like Tonics, having to choose which plasmids to equip, gun customization, the more advanced hacking stuff, combat with the big daddy and the little sister, the size of Rapture, the "boss" battles...

played through the demo eariler and i WANT THE GAME EVEN MORE now!!!!

truely awesome loved the guy getting the crap kicked out of him by a big daddy i was egging him on :P

havent looked forward to a game this much in years i think....i got work next friday but got it preordered down game (double points) so gunna race from work to game to buy it then got 3 days off to play it yey!!!

i think this game will go down as one of the best if not the best game this gen

I'm soo getting this for the pc. Could use a better gfx card but it'll work I suppose.

More reviews are coming in. Ign gave it 9.7 and 1up gave it 10/10. Are we indeed looking at GOTY here? I think we very well could be even though it still doesnt really capture my interest.

played through the demo eariler and i WANT THE GAME EVEN MORE now!!!!

truely awesome loved the guy getting the crap kicked out of him by a big daddy i was egging him on :P

havent looked forward to a game this much in years i think....i got work next friday but got it preordered down game (double points) so gunna race from work to game to buy it then got 3 days off to play it yey!!!

i think this game will go down as one of the best if not the best game this gen

i dont think so. We still have assassins creed, gears of war 2 and supposedly alan wake this gen.

i dont think so. We still have assassins creed, gears of war 2 and supposedly alan wake this gen.

But what about Wii games!!!

But what about Wii games!!!

Sequels almost never get as much praise and attention as the first games in the series unless they really shake things up. So i'd say that Gears of War 2 will be solid, but not as great as the first game, MP3, Mario Galaxy and SSBM all look awesome but they're just sequels, adding some good new things into the mix but not really a big leap like say 2D->3D, or FFX -> FF XII. There are always exceptions like Half-Life 2, but journos love new fresh things cos they play games 24/7 almost.

*runs off to read some reviews hoping for no spoilers*

IGN There is art here, despite what many would say isn't possible with games, from Roger Ebert to game designers like Hideo Kojima...BioShock stands as a monolithic example of the convergence of entertaining gameplay and an irresistibly sinister, engrossing storyline that encompasses a host of multifaceted characters. This is an essential gaming experience. 9.7/10

EuroGamer BioShock is the ultimate rarity: not only does it live up to its lofty promise, but exceeds it through simple, old fashioned talent and imagination - not to mention verve, style,class, wit, and sheer bloody-minded ambition. It takes the tired, worn-out FPS genre by the scruff of the neck, reinvents and bend it out of shape in such a breathtaking fashion that it's going to take something very special to top this in the months and years ahead. 10/10

GamePro What if a game's narrative was as intricate and as immersive as its graphics? What if as much attention went into dialogue and atmosphere as went into pixel shaders and high-resolution textures? What then? Ladies and gentlemen, the answer is BioShock, one of the most playable, thought-provoking, and just downright impressive games to emerge on a home console since, well, ever. 10/10

OXM UK Amazingly written and beautifully constructed, it's a complete emotional rollercoaster which we can't drawn any parallels with...You'll be playing this game for months to come, exchanging story elements to build up the bigger picture, and arguing about what it all means. [sept 2007, p.88] 10/10

Game Informer It’s ingenious, enthralling, and a masterpiece of the most epic proportions. So without further delay, would you kindly enter Rapture so that you too can experience the best that video games have to offer? 10/10

WOW!

That is amazing!!!

Meh, still not sold on it :)

Well you didn't like Oblivion.

<3 Oblivion.

TBF there's a lot more reason to like this game than there is to like Oblivion.

Its clearly an amazing game due to the high level of praise its recieving its just I dont really feel anything for it. Its probably due to its art/design as I always prefer colourful/jolly games rather than dark ones. This is probably why I have been such a fan of Nintendos work all these years.

Its clearly an amazing game due to the high level of praise its recieving its just I dont really feel anything for it. Its probably due to its art/design as I always prefer colourful/jolly games rather than dark ones. This is probably why I have been such a fan of Nintendos work all these years.

I'm usually the same. But i love the dark humour of the art style, and the characters and the speech. This is probably i'm not turned off by Bioshock as i may have been on paper. Metroid Prime even turned me off a bit on my first attempt of playing it because i found it too dull and empty, so i played Zelda and Mario instead. But having gone back i can play it now and love it. Maybe it's an age thing for me.

funny thing is though, how can something be perfect? Nothing is perfect. Thats why i dont understand how it can get 10/10.:shakehead

Are you telling me that i can play Bioshock and not find 1 fault with it? Not a single thing? No glitch, no 'mistake', no nothing?

It sounds to me like all the gaming sites are riding the back end of this game becuase its the 'in' thing.

funny thing is though, how can something be perfect? Nothing is perfect. Thats why i dont understand how it can get 10/10.:shakehead

not this shit again

Are you telling me that i can play Bioshock and not find 1 fault with it? Not a single thing? No glitch, no 'mistake', no nothing?

It sounds to me like all the gaming sites are riding the back end of this game becuase its the 'in' thing.

lol.1010101010

come again?

The old this game isn't perfect so how can it get a "perfect" 10 arguement. We've been through it a milllion times the game dosn't have to be "perfect" to get a 10, the reviewer just thinks it is of the extreme quality.

I don't view 10/10 scores as "perfect" but as a significant and genre-defining game that must be played near it's release date to fully appreciate it.

Whist Bioshock isn't doing anything particularly new, it's the combination of everything that's good about FPSs and Single Player games into one game that make it a 10/10

I don't view 10/10 scores as "perfect" but as a significant and genre-defining game that must be played near it's release date to fully appreciate it.

Whist Bioshock isn't doing anything particularly new, it's the combination of everything that's good about FPSs and Single Player games into one game that make it a 10/10

hurray for sensibility

The old this game isn't perfect so how can it get a "perfect" 10 arguement. We've been through it a milllion times the game dosn't have to be "perfect" to get a 10, the reviewer just thinks it is of the extreme quality.

well, 10/10 is a perfect score which spells 'perfect' for me.

If it doesnt for you, fair enough.

Gears of War was the benchmark on the 360 as far as shooters go, im still waiting for one to better it.

So there is no game you would give 10/10?

Zelda?

FF7?

Metal Gear?

Halo?

nope, dont really think its possible. All games have their faults. I have my favorite games and i give them 9.5 but like i said, nothing is perfect.:)

Think of it this way. If say Halo got 96% it would round up to 10. But it's not perfect case there's still 4% missing.

Think of it this way. If say Halo got 96% it would round up to 10. But it's not perfect case there's still 4% missing.

yeah i understand where your coming from.

I just try to take the reviews as peoples opinions really, but these guys are suppose to be professional, and i think giving something 10/10 is a little naive.

Maybe a percentage score like you say, is more accurate?