N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setanta Sports News Channel

Virgin Media and Setanta Sports have today confirmed plans to launch a joint-venture sports news channel within the next few weeks.

Setanta Sports News will launch exclusively on Virgin Media as a free channel for the cable operator's entire customer base.

The new service will plug the hole created by the departure of Sky Sports News from the platform earlier this year following a much-publicised carriage dispute between Virgin and Sky.

It is expected to launch in time for the new football season on August 11. Under a new three-year deal with the Premier League, Setanta will broadcast 46 live games a season, ending Sky's long-standing monopoly on Premiership games.

Although the channel will initially be available through Virgin Media only, O'Rourke confirmed that carriage on Sky and broadband would follow "after an initial period", adding: "We are looking at Freeview [carriage]."

Interesting - can't wait till this is on Sky - would like to see some competition in the Sports News sector :D

Setanta Sports News Channel

Virgin Media and Setanta Sports have today confirmed plans to launch a joint-venture sports news channel within the next few weeks.

Setanta Sports News will launch exclusively on Virgin Media as a free channel for the cable operator's entire customer base.

The new service will plug the hole created by the departure of Sky Sports News from the platform earlier this year following a much-publicised carriage dispute between Virgin and Sky.

It is expected to launch in time for the new football season on August 11. Under a new three-year deal with the Premier League, Setanta will broadcast 46 live games a season, ending Sky's long-standing monopoly on Premiership games.

Although the channel will initially be available through Virgin Media only, O'Rourke confirmed that carriage on Sky and broadband would follow "after an initial period", adding: "We are looking at Freeview [carriage]."

Interesting - can't wait till this is on Sky - would like to see some competition in the Sports News sector :D

Take that Murdoch you ****:yay:

Take that Murdoch you ****:yay:

Indeed. Sky Sports News is a great channel though - but with Setanta hopefully it might have some Irish sports on it also. Especially during Championship season. Setanta being Irish and Setanta being a legendary Irish name associated with Gaelic Games it would be a travesty if they didnt!

It could spell some external succes for GAA!

well im gonna be getting a satallight TV upgrade soon and along with digitalb card,ill be able to watch all the prem games (includin 3.00 kick-off). i love saturdays, foortball from 12.00 till 10.00 followed by MOTD.

commentry never bothered me, just hated that female commentator on BBC during the highlights, quite poor as she showed no passion.

About to head of to the pub to watch the Newcastle-Celtic match on Setanta, wonder if it'll have the same big black bars either side of the screen and Tim Sherwood talking nonsense as the Spurs matches earlier in the week - "That's their first shot on target" after someone sent the ball into Row Z "Well, not on target, but you know what I mean"

3-0 up against Celtic at half time so we played the second half with a load of kids like Huntingdon, Pattison, Edgar, Caroll and Troisi, let reserve keeper Steve Harper play centre forward and then played the last part of the match with 10 men after taking Taylor off because he took a bit of a knock.

Still won 4-1 :laughing:

Over 30,000 there, good attendance for a friendly.

did Celtic play anything resembling a full stength team, I ask this because Luque scored twice :P

Ba Dum Tish...

I'm gutted, In Work and I can't watch the Liverpool Game, might ask if I can nip a bar in the city centre and get off Early....(PLEASE PLEASE)

Don't want toa rgue, I want to discuss this in a civilised manner

We have more pictures of the new LFC Stadia

036FF05B-0320-0417-614C289AFA42E102.jpg

036FF0E9-CAF3-FD97-BA5B52478774E305.jpg

036FF165-D541-7504-F49B2DDE9C66835E.jpg

036FF1F9-B7AD-4074-1B2DA72239FAB03F.jpg

036FF275-0278-35CD-2BB48D0B6CBE6D8E.jpg

036FF32D-E4AF-A3B7-5B8512FEF11E3654.jpg

036FF3D0-DDC4-DB7F-56571891985843CE.jpg

036FF48C-D274-E998-F69173F15B417B88.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT AT THE NEW ANNY ROAD END!

did Celtic play anything resembling a full strength team, I ask this because Luque scored twice :P

And only played one half, no less :o Weren't exactly screamers, but some good tap ins.

Celtic played:

Boric, Caddis (Jarosik 77), Kennedy, McManus, Naylor, Brown, Hartley, Donati, McGeady, Vennegoor of Hesselink (Miller 66), Zurawski,

But they were no match for the decisive pass from Steve Harper which set up Jinky James Milner for the 4th goal :D

Discovered last night some Celtic fans apparently think it's cool to sing in support of Al Quaeda now the IRA have dissapointed them by no longer blowing up Englishmen :indeed: Not that some of the Rangers fans aren't equally bad with the sectarian shite.

Ba Dum Tish...

I'm gutted, In Work and I can't watch the Liverpool Game, might ask if I can nip a bar in the city centre and get off Early....(PLEASE PLEASE)

Don't want toa rgue, I want to discuss this in a civilised manner

We have more pictures of the new LFC Stadia

How many bloody stadiums do ye need????

Pretty good article about Leeds in the Guardian today: If what they are claiming is true, its not looking good for them. I wont post it here but Linkage if anybody wants a read.

Also only one club in the Championship last year avoided paying anything to Agents, the club was Colchester. :)

44019535liverpool416bi9.jpg

Looks like a new college libary or an airport in that one :D

These sweeping curves and twiddly bits for the sake of twiddly bits are very like American sports grounds, is that the influence of the new owners? Is it true they'll have to redesign some of it because the gradient is too steep and conforms to US rules but not British ones?

Dunno if this is the best way to go about it, trying to put a wacky spaceship in the middle of a nice green area isn't the best way to get planning permission.

At least it'll cost them nowt to get rid of Anfield, the scousers will do it for them. Can imagine it being like the Berlin wall with everyone decending on it to nab a "souvenir"

Pretty good article about Leeds in the Guardian today: If what they are claiming is true, its not looking good for them. I wont post it here but Linkage if anybody wants a read.

Also only one club in the Championship last year avoided paying anything to Agents, the club was Colchester. :)

Yeah I saw that earlier. They make some good points. Especially the very last question.

20 Why should the Football League make an exception for Leeds and grant Forward's and Bates' new company its "golden share" of membership despite the purchase not having been done via a CVA, given that the League has insisted on the CVA process for all 41 of its other clubs which have fallen into insolvency since 1992?

036FF48C-D274-E998-F69173F15B417B88.jpg

Looks like a new college libary or an airport in that one :D

These sweeping curves and twiddly bits for the sake of twiddly bits are very like American sports grounds, is that the influence of the new owners? Is it true they'll have to redesign some of it because the gradient is too steep and conforms to US rules but not British ones?

Dunno if this is the best way to go about it, trying to put a wacky spaceship in the middle of a nice green area isn't the best way to get planning permission.

At least it'll cost them nowt to get rid of Anfield, the scousers will do it for them. Can imagine it beign like the Berlin wall with everyone decending on it to nab a "souvenir"

Opinions are divided btu i will echo what Fields has said...It's something not seen before in Football, Granted it does look like it was an American Influence, but the American stadiums are among the best in the world in regards to modern Archtecture....

Tom and George have built stadiums for their teams in the USA and Canada and this one will be the best they have built.

This stadium is vital for the area as it is for the club...

Looks much better on the inside than out to be fair. The renders are shit mind so it's hard to judge, looks like someone got a 10 year old copy of 3D Studio Max and an Idiot's Guide.

I think it looks fucking awesome outside to be honest..but it's unique and the size of it will make people awestruck....

Rather this than the Beefed up Reebok Stadium....

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!