N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

That's what I was talking about.

Statement on SSN by the club says they're not the subject of the police investigation, and that if it's shown we're the victims of corruption then we'll take appropriate action. Other club being looked at by police is Pompey.

I'd rather live past glories then no glories at all thank you very much...

Most succesful team in England since the turn of the millenium...Not that much in the past

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "No glories at all" and chants of "You've never won fuck all" shows an astounding ignorance of the history of footy...

Anyway, hope this police investigation involved the Boumsong transfer and that one of the houses raided was Souness'.

How do you calculate the 'most successful team" by the way? A league table with 10 points for a Champions League win, 9 points for a Champions league runners up medal, 1 point per Premiership Title?

Apart from when they beat villa 3-1 to win the league cup ;)

Oh, and they won the Atari ST 6-a-side Cup as well.

Oh come on, that's nothing compared to 7 League titles, 7 FA Cups, 5 League Cups, 1 European Cup, 1 European Super Cup and 19 Birmingham Senior Cups.

This "No glories at all" and chants of "You've never won fuck all" shows an astounding ignorance of the history of footy...

Oh I See we can't sing about our glories, but when it involves Newcastle...Ah I get it now

How do you calculate the 'most successful team" by the way? A league table with 10 points for a Champions League win, 9 points for a Champions league runners up medal, 1 point per Premiership Title?

The amount of honours won, that isn't disputeable is it?

God TV is so fucking boring without the footy.

There's been plenty of football on TV since the premiership season finished. We've had La Liga, Copa America, U20 World Cup, Asian Cup, endless transfer speculation on SSN, and the pre-season friendlies are now well under way. The football season never ends :D

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley eyes Ronaldinho

Newcastle have made an audacious enquiry for Fifa World Player of the Year Ronaldinho - and were quoted a price of £58 million.

During talks over the availability of Barcelona's players - Newcastle have been linked with Edmilson and Eidur Gudjohnsen - the Brazilian's name was raised, but the price may be too much, even for Newcastle's new owner, billionaire Mike Ashley.

It is not the first time Newcastle have shown interest in Ronaldinho, four years ago they enquired when he was at Paris St-Germain.

Sam Allardyce, the Newcastle manager, has signed Joey Barton, David Rozehnal, Geremi and Mark Viduka, but Ashley wants a world-renowed name to signal his intent following his £130m takeover at St James's Park.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/07/16/sfnnew116.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

Come on Liverpool.

I feel your passion.

lol...

Apparently Fulham (I'm a fulham fan btw) is going for top 10 + europe this year. Do you think we'll do it? I don't. I know that sounds totally dispassionate but Im allowed to as I'm a fulham fan - pessimism is built into my system. :laughing:

REDS APPOINT NEW COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR

Paul Eaton 17 July 2007

Ian Ayre was today appointed Commercial Director at Liverpool Football Club. His appointment is a new position at the Club which will see him manage and develop commercial activity.

He will report directly to CEO Rick Parry and joins the Club on 16 August.

Ian's initial focus will be to work alongside Rick Parry in growing sponsorship and merchandising revenues, starting with the selection of sponsors around the Club's move to a new stadium in 2010. He will also spearhead the development of the LFC brand internationally, particularly in Asia.

It was Ian's extensive experience in new media and sponsorships which greatly impressed new owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett. Most recently he was Chief Operating Officer of Total Sports Asia, a brand solutions business for international sports and entertainment partners aiming to develop an Asian strategy for their brands - including media distribution, live events, licensing & merchandising, and sponsorship. Ian's role focused on developing new business, defining and implementing sales strategy and marketing their partner brands across the Asian region.

Other appointments have included Managing Director of Premium TV Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of NTL Inc, where he worked between 2001 and 2004.

Before this he was for 3 years the Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Huddersfield Town FC. During his time at the club Ian developed a marketing strategy and business plan for the exploitation of the clubs rights and developed the vehicle (Premium TV) in conjunction with a major investment from NTL Inc.

From 1992 to 1997 he was Regional Director & CEO (Asia) of Pace Micro Technology Plc where he worked with the company through the successful IPO of the business on the LSE and helped the company establish a major Asian business from start up.

Ian, 44, was born in Liverpool and is a lifelong Liverpool FC supporter.

The appointment comes after an extensive global search in which the Club was advised by executive search firm SevenArts Consultancy.

Rick Parry, CEO of Liverpool FC, commented:

"I'm delighted Ian has agreed to join us and I look forward to him arriving in Liverpool. There couldn't be a better time to be coming to the club as we're looking at a bright future both on and off the pitch. Ian has a great track record and also understands the values which make this club so special."

Tom Hicks and George Gillett, Co Chairmen of the Club said:

"We would like to welcome Ian to Liverpool Football Club. He has vast experience in an array of relevant fields for the club. In particular his marketing experience will be a great advantage as we look to grow the Liverpool brand overseas and make the club more competitive on this front. He is a strong addition to the team."

Ian Ayre said:

"Being Liverpool born and bred, this is a dream job for me. I feel that everything I've done so far – in sports marketing, media and technology – has been leading to this role. I've been away from Liverpool for many years, and I couldn't be returning at a better time. These are great times for the club, there are tremendous opportunities ahead, and I'm thrilled to be part of it."

Fantastic just whats the club needs, someone to take full advabtage of how much money we can make, however it begs the question, why the flying fook didn't we get one before now...:|

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!