N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wage Cap, yay or nay?

I seriously think yay. You just need to look at the zeros of that Terry contract and then look at "a week" to see thats ridiculous. If it continues, we'll lose more and more clubs to bankruptcy.

They can afford it, thats the prob. That's modern economy... sadly. We take it for granted because we benefit from it as well actually. Then one day, something like this (about Terry's wage) happens and it's a slap on our faces.

But seriously... 130k a week. OMG! What would I do every week with that sort of money??

They can afford it, thats the prob. That's modern economy... sadly. We take it for granted because we benefit from it as well actually. Then one day, something like this (about Terry's wage) happens and it's a slap on our faces.

But seriously... 130k a week. OMG! What would I do every week with that sort of money??

But Chelsea can't afford it. The club loses money year on year, its then Abramovich's personal fortune that bails them out.

You sure? I thought it's because of the new TV deal that allowed them silly money like that. Abramovich would pay for transfer, but for wage, I thought the club could afford it based on income?

Not sure though. In fact thinking about it, you might be right because Ballak and Shevchenko are also getting like 120k a week aren't they.

You sure? I thought it's because of the new TV deal that allowed them silly money like that. Abramovich would pay for transfer, but for wage, I thought the club could afford it based on income?

Not sure though. In fact thinking about it, you might be right because Ballak and Shevchenko are also getting like 120k a week aren't they.

I don't know the ins and outs of who pays what, but it is known that Chelsea don't make profit. So somewhere along the line, Mr A bails them out.

I don't know the ins and outs of who pays what, but it is known that Chelsea don't make profit.
You sure!??? Ok then I guess that's possible, but I thought all prem clubs have a big loan, but profit enough to pay the interest on the loan & wages so the banks let them continue having the loan. Leeds is the exception when they went bust and administrators went in to get get the loan back.

All that said, with Mr A's deep pockets perhaps he may very well be bailing them... if so, that's a pretty scary thought. What if Mr A quit...!! Chelsea is in deep trouble.

Sheffield Wednesday have just been told by young Irish midfielder Glenn Whelan he wants to leave. Whelan handed in a transfer request before the game at Port Vale, citing that he is becoming disillusioned with events at the club. Whelan looks set to follow Chris Brunt out the Hillsborough doors with a number of championship rivals interested in the talented pair.

Fuck sake why doesn't Dave Allen just die.

Yeah Chelsea don't even break even and it will be a few years before they do. Luckily Abramovich has a lot of "other" business that are making money so he can level it out.

but what if he gets killed by the mafia/russian organisation as he is wanted for corruption just like his ex-father in law. shoudl they freeze or stop his assets then chelsea will follow Leeds united.

I also agree how arsenal supporters have improved vocally inside the emirates but trouth be told, antfeild probably does have the best home support/noise. old trafford is slowly getting back on track after a calm year or two.

A pro footballer making £130,000 A WEEK!?!?! For fuck sake, that's a fucking joke. There are third world countries crawling with famine, disease and poverty. People, starving, dying, homeless all over the world...

And a bunch of players get 130 fucking thousand quid a week to kick a ball around pitch for 90 minutes.

Why not get every pro footballer in the premiership to give up their salary for just one week (I'm sure they can afford it), and have the cumulative sum of money saved donated to various charities. How brilliant would that be. I doubt the majority would agree of course, but it would be a fantastic gesture.

Can't believe there isn't a salary cap, like there is in rugby union. Without one you've got the top 5 clubs (Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc...) who will always be at the top because they have the richest bosses who can spend the most. At least in rugby there's a salary cap and I think the most expensive player in our premiership makes £250,000 a year. And that's FAR FAR more than the average.

On another note, stop fecking ganging up on Ant. You guys got nothing better to do than to piss and moan about his posts? He's passionate about his club. So what?? That should be encouraged. Don't like his posts, that's your problem. Can't believe how hostile this thread is. Ok I can.

Not really that surprised about John Terry's wage......tbh it was expected. Both Sheva and Ballack are on £120,000, and yet they are hardly key players to the Chelsea team. IMO, they would be better off without them.

JT on the other hand, is a Chelski player through and through, having played through the ranks as a chelsea youth player and eventually becoming one of the best CB's in the prem. He's their club captain too so ya know...

http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats2/eng_chelsea.htm

shows Chelsea's accounts from 2000 to 2005, they haven't made a profit since 2000 and have been making huge losses each year since Abramovich has been there, 06 figures aint much better than 05, they still lost £80m

Chelsea just don't have the fan base outside London. I'm not even sure if there is even one in London for them!

Chelsea are not a football club anymore they are business, Abromovich will go if they don't win the CL soon + No matter how new Chelsea Village is they need a bigger stadium. And to be honest wouldn't be suprised to see that they will build it somewhere outside London, Such as the fact they have lost touch with the common fan.

I just point and laugh...

Chelsea are not a football club anymore they are business, Abromovich will go if they don't win the CL soon + No matter how new Chelsea Village is they need a bigger stadium. And to be honest wouldn't be suprised to see that they will build it somewhere outside London, Such as the fact they have lost touch with the common fan.

All professional football clubs are business now. Livepool included...

A pro footballer making £130,000 A WEEK!?!?! For fuck sake, that's a fucking joke. There are third world countries crawling with famine, disease and poverty. People, starving, dying, homeless all over the world...
That was my reaction as well on 1st impression... but seriously, when you think about the way economy works, it's perfectly normal and justified. We've all benefited from the way economy works and society has gotten richer overall. Those countries who haven't risen like that usually have deficiencies in their own countries, like not having proper democracy or lacking freedom for the lay people. Or business law is restrictive, etc etc... Most poor countries choke themselves somewhere in the loop.

I'm not saying we shouldn't help. I'm just saying, 130k for a footballer makes perfect sense in our system.

How exactly have you arrived at that conclusion?

Because I just have...

Chelsea have possibly the worst fans in the league, they have players demanding contracts that are quite simply stupid. They have a **** of a manager and a **** of a owner who turned the league upside down. In a bad way as well.

They are just about money always have been always will be, they are phony I mean look at the CL Semi Final they HAD to provide flags (Plastic) to the fans to wave.

We brought our own...

Personally I don't care what system we are in, no player should be earning that amount of money...and I mean NO Player.

We have doctors who save lifes daily that should be on what they are...

As I said

Personally I don't care what system we are in, no player should be earning that amount of money...and I mean NO Player.

That includes Gerrard, the thing I hate about Chelsea is this big club status they think they have earned.

I mean look at it this way, they were a cup team dodging in between UEFA and CL Spot Places. Doing not very well in either...Regardless of the money, next season they finish 2nd and Get into the CL Semi Final.

I am sorry for being a abit short sighted. But for Chelsea thats a hell of an achievement, any other club he would of been rewarded with a new contract, You can say he screwed up, but for the club of Chelsea's standards who had not experienced such pleasure in football for a long time.

To sack him just shows how ignorant that club is and how money has gone to their heads.

I mean they aren't big and it pisses me off that a Domestic Double isn't considered a success because at the end of the day. Chelsea are a small club and ANY Trophy brought in should be greeted with sucess.

They symbolize everything that is wrong with the English game right now...

Corruption

Money

Greedy Players

Lack of Atmosphere