N-Europe

Pixel size of a business card

EEVILMURRAY

Name says it all. I've been inspired by Mean Girls to make my own "business cards" but I haven't got a programme which has a template, so I don't know what size I'm aiming for bar printing numerous sizes off from paint. So I'm curious if anyone has suggestions.

Cheers.

85mm*55mm is the proper size for buisness cards i think.

You can set it up in something as simple as word, and then import your iamges from paint and throw them in. (obviously not the best but if you don't have any other software)

Well what I'm doing is basically making the size in Paint, then fitting the text accordingly, but since I don't know the pixel size I'm screwed.

Your mm input is appreciated, but how does that translate into Paint. Is one mm a pixel?

240 x 155 pixels. Google, the greatest invention the world has ever known...

That's too small for actual print, if that's what your want. So here's the way to calculate:

Printing is always done by a specific value, the DOTS per INCH (dpi). So if you know the size in inches (say, 10'x10') than you need to multply it by the necessary number of dots per inch. If you're on a computer screen, you need 72 pixels per inch (72 dpi), so you multiply by 72 - that would make my 10'x10' a 720pixels x 720 pixels square - and if you're printing it's 150dpi. If you're going to press with your card, it's 300dpi (making it 1500x1500 and 3000x3000 for the later).

Geddit?