NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
chrizkerr2

Best Graphics Card?

Ok i think its time i got a new Graphics card, (I have a geforce FX5200 pci express at the moment XD ) but iam wondering what is the best (and cheapest :P ) graphics card out there at the moment?

One that can play F.E.A.R and Quake 4 with no problem (I have 1gig ram, just the graphics which let me down)

Ok i Highly doubt tha you have a FX5200 runnind through a PCI-E socket,it is more likely to be PCI,and in that case as far as i know that is the fastest nVidea pci card.

but i you have on gig of ram then you probably do have either an agp or PCI-E slot so at the moment the one best value for money gpu is the nVidea 7800 gt.

Ok i Highly doubt tha you have a FX5200 runnind through a PCI-E socket,it is more likely to be PCI,and in that case as far as i know that is the fastest nVidea pci card.

but i you have on gig of ram then you probably do have either an agp or PCI-E slot so at the moment the one best value for money gpu is the nVidea 7800 gt.

Actually there are quite a few decent value for money gpu's on the market.

Best value of money? Er don't you mean the best card at the moment. There are others that are better value for money unless you don't mind spending 300+ quid on a graphics card..

Best value of money? Er don't you mean the best card at the moment. There are others that are better value for money unless you don't mind spending 350+ quid on a graphics card..

no, the 7800 GT can be found for a very reasonable price compared to performance.

Best value of money? Er don't you mean the best card at the moment. There are others that are better value for money unless you don't mind spending 300+ quid on a graphics card..

In my oppinion the 7800gt is the best valuefor money card at the moment,you acn get it for the same price as a 6800gt was 4 or 5 months ago and it is far better.And anyway the 7800 gtx (not the X) is better then the gt.Also i think the top of the range Ati card (the x1800 i think) is even better then the gtx although it is very expensive.

I know its not much better, and i know its a complete rippoff ,i was just making the point that the 7800 gt is not the best.

Bleh.

If ATI made the cards and nVidia made the drivers, we'd all be swimming in visual jism :(

It's not that much better and it costs at least an extra $150. Never go ATI.

What you mean never got ATi? ATi might be expensive now with the X1800 compared to the 7800's but nVidia got there asses handed to them a couple of years ago with the X800's and 6000 series.

What you mean never got ATi? ATi might be expensive now with the X1800 compared to the 7800's but nVidia got there asses handed to them a couple of years ago with the X800's and 6000 series.

I'm reffering to the current situation. I used to be ATi as well.

ok im kinda of just "borrowing" this thread cause i dont really need to make another since thier are so many threads on graphic cards

now should i get the nVidia PCI-E 6600 card for $140 http://cgi.ebay.com/XFX-Nvidia-GeForce-6600-256MB-PCI-E-16x-Card-no-6800-GT_W0QQitemZ8712040577QQcategoryZ80192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or the nVidia PCI-E 6800 card for $250 http://cgi.ebay.com/6800-GT-pci-express-video-card-Nvidia-SLi-rdy_W0QQitemZ8713144436QQcategoryZ40161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or the nVidia PCI0E 7800 card for $315 http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SEALED-GEFORCE-7800-GT-OC-PCI-EXPRESS-256MB_W0QQitemZ8713519112QQcategoryZ40161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

basically which one is gives more for the price?

$ per performance the 7800 of course.

Dont go below a 6800 GT ofcourse nowadays. 6600 is ok if you want it temporarily or want to save money. It just wont let you max out games.

Sign in to follow this