N-Europe

Odd Wireless Problems

Cube

It's very odd. Every now and then, random internet sites don't work, and others do (i.e. Sometimes, Google can stop working, but I can browse N-Europe fine).

Disconnecting and reconnecting fixes the problem for a few minutes.

I'm using Vista, and my wireless has 2 out of 5 bars signal.

It's really odd.

Yeah my wireless can work really good and then drop. My laptop used to keep trying to connect to our neighbour's router instead of our's and sometimes we would get a better connection :D To me it doesn't make any I suppose the only thing you could try is keeping doors open but I doubt that does much.

Yeah my wireless can work really good and then drop. My laptop used to keep trying to connect to our neighbour's router instead of our's and sometimes we would get a better connection :D To me it doesn't make any I suppose the only thing you could try is keeping doors open but I doubt that does much.

It's just odd that some sites still work completely fine.

I don't think it has anything to do with being wireless, if when you reset (you get a new ip right?), they start working, maybe it's something with your ISP. Or not.

Never had a problem with it on other computers, or my Wii Browser (my Wii gets the same signal strengh as my PC)

my wireless has 2 out of 5 bars signal.

There you go :) It's probably just the connection dropping out every once in a while. I had 3-5 bars on one pc and it would disconnect itself randomly for 10-20 seconds. You could set the speed lower to see if the connection gets better?

There you go :) It's probably just the connection dropping out every once in a while. I had 3-5 bars on one pc and it would disconnect itself randomly for 10-20 seconds. You could set the speed lower to see if the connection gets better?

But why do some sites still work fine?

You should try to stick to channels 1,6,11 for the best results. If you have connection problems I would try changing channels. Also some eletronics can cause some interference if you have a 2.4ghz router . There are cordless phones use the same 2.4ghz frequency which can cause problems aswell.

Also set your router as high up as possible, keep away from walls and metal objects can help with any signal problems.

The browser might get them from the cache?

Nope, I can sometimes still post on this forum. And see any replies.

I had this problem, upgrade the firmwire on your router.

I'll try that, thanks.