Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 05/06

Eddage

I don't think Alan Pardew will be feilding a changed, more younger team today against the spurs. I just saw an interview with him on sky sports news and he just said that this is a fight for places for the FA cup final.

And in preparation for the final, you don't wanna lose you last game of the season, so I think Pardew will be looking for a good game.

You read that Etherington and Ashton are out for West Ham?

What! 7 of our players have gone down with food poisoning - that's not even funny to an Aresnal fan.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked the championship play offs haven't been mentioned yet.

First Leeds drew 1 all witgh Preston(come on Preston) and Waford beat Crystal Palace 3 nil so it looks like that cheatin bastard Johnson will be on his way out of the championship (hopefully).

I reckon Watford will win the play offs and in League 1 I want Brentford to win the play offs and Barnsley to crash and burn.

Ok so we lsot, but im proud of our team, we've come along way this season and to come so close is really annoying. 10 palyers posioned before the match plus injuries and we still put a full squad out - Michael Dawson sickest person on pitch still put 90 minutes in. the fact that Marin Jol accpets the defeat and does not file for an appeal and accpets the defeat even though all the things that have happened, show how gracious he is and waht a job he's done this season. Arsenal were destined to come 4th to be honest. Just cant bear it...at least we accpet defeat...no matter what Arsenal suporters say, were catching up quick, with new and improving players getting better and better.

Well we finished in 3rd, with 82 points (our best ever in the Premiership). That's only 9 points behind Chelsea, whereas last season the gap was 37 points. We also have the FA cup coming up next week.

So, all in all, a very good season for Liverpool. I'm off to the bookies tomorrow to put a few quid on us winning the Premiership and Champions League double next season :D

Newcastle finish 7th after beating the champions! Intertoto for us and hopefully a place in the UEFA cup. Brilliant atmosphere at St. James' one of the best all season in the second half. Booing every Chelsea player everytime they got the ball!!!!

Who's that team they call the Arsenal!

Who's that team who's ****ing great!!

Amazing, just back from Highbury. Unfortunately I didn't have a match ticket, but I managed to get in the ticket only zone (good old earlyness). Got my shirt printed with the final day thingy. Watched the coaches turn up then headed for a local pub. Arsenal didn't play too well, but results are what matters. And taking that 4th spot on the last game from spurs was mint. Really fitting that Henry scored a hat trick, possibly the best player to grace the pitch sent it off well.

I thought we played quite well actually Ramar. There were periods in the game where Wigan were dominating, I admit, but for the most of the 2nd half we were in control.

Anyway.....WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Great day for gooners, clinching 4th from the SCUM!!! GET IN!!!!!! Henry with the hat-rick!!!

Bring on Barcelona baby!!!

Never mind spurs....maybe next season eh???:wink: :awesome:

:awesome:

Yer, i hardly think its a fitting end to our season having ten players posioned. Yet they still played on which made us totenham fans proud, Dawson one on the most sick gave a full 90 mins the legend. At least Jol took defeat gracefully unlike some team. BBc acknowledged that. All i can say is were on the up, i sense a shift in north london power next season...

Yer, i hardly think its a fitting end to our season having ten players posioned. Yet they still played on which made us totenham fans proud, Dawson one on the most sick gave a full 90 mins the legend. At least Jol took defeat gracefully unlike some team. BBc acknowledged that. All i can say is were on the up, i sense a shift in north london power next season...

I doubt this shift. Arsenal have been a different team since beating Madrid. We've really got it going, if we keep key players and buy a few more in we'll be challenging for that title next season.

Can anyone else believe how quick the season has gone?

I've just got back and lets just say thats one of the greatest days of football I've ever had. Not only because of the way the results turned out, but because of the emotional 'party' after the game. When that countdown stopped and fireworks went off and I looked around realising it was my last time EVER at highbury, I had tears in my eyes. Memories came flooding back.

Incredible.

All i can say is were on the up, i sense a shift in north london power next season...

I really don't. I mean, yeh you've had a good season (by your standards anyway), but I just don't see this shift in power in the near future.

The one thing I can definately say about spurs is that they have become a much better team under Jol, and it could have been even better for next season had you got the 4th European spot. But as that didn't happen (hehe:awesome: ) I don't think Tottenham will have that extra edge to compete with the big boys next season, maybe UEFA cup again, but no way Champions League. Thats my view. :smile:

I've just got back and lets just say thats one of the greatest days of football I've ever had. Not only because of the way the results turned out, but because of the emotional 'party' after the game. When that countdown stopped and fireworks went off and I looked around realising it was my last time EVER at highbury, I had tears in my eyes. Memories came flooding back.

Incredible.

Did you get one of those "I Was There" T-Shirts? I saw everyone wearing one on Sky Sports and it looked nice, what with them being red & white et al.

Well done, Arsenal. Bad luck, Spurs. Farewell Highbury.

-EDIT- Does anybody know how much redcurrant Arsenal shirts are now? seeing as it's the end of the season.

Sorry mate but surely even you can see how ridiculous that statement is. And you haven't got a prayer against Barcelona either.

Look at you last season, 5th and AC Milan. We've got a chance, then look at you this season, 3rd. We just need to stengthen our defence, so we don't encounter weaknesses like during the winter period. We've got everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Did you get one of those "I Was There" T-Shirts? I saw everyone wearing one on Sky Sports and it looked nice, what with them being red & white et al.

Yeah I did :hehe:

I also bought (from a stall) a 'road to Paris' T-shirt with all the logos of the clubs we've played on the way etc. I shall wear that there most likely.

Thank god Sven is getting sacked because at this moment I feel like lynching him myself.

GK: Paul Robinson

GK: David James

GK: Robert Green

Defender: Gary Neville

Defender: Rio Ferdinand

Defender: John Terry

Defender: Ashley Cole

Defender: Sol Campbell

Defender: Jamie Carragher

Defender: Wayne Bridge

Midfielder: David Beckham

Midfielder: Michael Carrick

Midfielder: Frank Lampard

Midfielder: Steven Gerrard

Midfielder: Owen Hargreaves

Midfielder: Jermaine Jenas

Midfielder: Stewart Downing

Midfielder: Joe Cole

Midfielder: Aaron Lennon

Forward: Wayne Rooney

Forward: Michael Owen

Forward: Peter Crouch

Forward: Theo Walcott

This is the England provisional squad for the World Cup. What the hell is Jenas and Hargreaves doing there? Wright-Philips and King (if he isn't injured) are so much better, even Kevin Nolan is better.

The selection of Theo Walcott has annoyed me. How ever much I like Arsenal Englishmen (however limited) appear in England line ups, a 17 year old lad who has never played a highly competitive match should not be selected for the worlds biggest footballing competition. Much more experienced goal scorers are needed, his time will come but its not now. I shall eat my words if he does play and is amazing and wins us the competition.

I really don't. I mean, yeh you've had a good season (by your standards anyway), but I just don't see this shift in power in the near future.

The one thing I can definately say about spurs is that they have become a much better team under Jol, and it could have been even better for next season had you got the 4th European spot. But as that didn't happen (hehe:awesome: ) I don't think Tottenham will have that extra edge to compete with the big boys next season, maybe UEFA cup again, but no way Champions League. Thats my view. :smile:

meh, you'll eat your words next season. If you hadn't of poisoned us we woulda got 4th:indeed: But you know Arsenal and cheating, just talk to Reyes.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!