Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 05/06

Eddage

Plain harsh. That would be one of the high points in his career. Why would you deny someone such an occasion, and wish injury upon someone. Just because he left a team to get somewhere? Jealousy can be an evil tool.

I haven't liked Gareth Southgate since Euro '96.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't liked Gareth Southgate since Euro '96.

He's not the only person to miss a penalty for England. Do you hate Batty? Ince? Beckham? Vassel?

Yeah I was gutted Southgate missed, I remember the event getting a mention in assembly when I was in school. But as far as I'm concerned thats water under the bridge. Live and let live.

As for Scolari. Good. I don't want him as England manager. I want someone who isn't going to rip off the FA (5mil my arse!) and can speak our language. Big Sam or even McClaren. After last night McClaren shows he's got the bollocks to throw everything he has in a last ditch attempt to get a win. He'd be the kind of manager that would fight to the end.

He's not the only person to miss a penalty for England. Do you hate Batty? Ince? Beckham? Vassel?

Yeah I was gutted Southgate missed, I remember the event getting a mention in assembly when I was in school. But as far as I'm concerned thats water under the bridge. Live and let live.

I was 6 years old at the time, and I don't remember Batty and Ince. btw you forgot about Stuart Pearce and Chris Waddle. Hethethetheth.

As for Scolari. Good. I don't want him as England manager. I want someone who isn't going to rip off the FA (5mil my arse!) and can speak our language. Big Sam or even McClaren. After last night McClaren shows he's got the bollocks to throw everything he has in a last ditch attempt to get a win. He'd be the kind of manager that would fight to the end.

All that needin an english manager is BS we need someone whos prepered to drop big players if they dont perform and who will actually win something.

All that needin an english manager is BS we need someone whos prepered to drop big players if they dont perform and who will actually win something.

Don't think Sam will do that? I recall a few season back he dropped Nolan, he's like Bolton's best player. I recall this season names like Stelios and Okocha have found themselves on the bench.

I was 6 years old at the time, and I don't remember Batty and Ince. btw you forgot about Stuart Pearce and Chris Waddle. Hethethetheth.

If you noticed I didn't name every player to ever miss. Just a few names that sprang to mind.

As far as im aware the only paper to report Scolari wanted 5 mil was the sun who lets say have alterior motives for printing that. And if Sven is worth 6 million a year then someobody who has won the world cup is surely worth 5?

Im sure ive made my feelings on Big Sam clear before suffice to say him getting the England job results in me becoming Scottish. Mclaren is the best of the buch of the English managers avaliable but hes hardly world class. And when Middlesbrough dont have to score goals they play pretty boring football. Basically im just pissed off that the British press have cost England the chance to get a truely great manager on board instead we will have to make do with somebody who is less qualified but pasionate, Kevin Keegan anyone?

Scolari knows nothing of English football, see he won the world cup with the worlds greatest national team. Its not tough when you've got amazing players. At least the English lads know the game, and could give chances to players that don't get picked because their not in Sven's fancy pants teams.

[And I did base the 5mill off the Sun, so that was a bad move but meh]

Scolari knows nothing of English football, see he won the world cup with the worlds greatest national team. Its not tough when you've got amazing players. At least the English lads know the game, and could give chances to players that don't get picked because their not in Sven's fancy pants teams.

Lets not forget that Brazil werent actualy favourites to win the last world cup and in winning the world cup they became only the 2nd team to win the competition in a different continent to the one they play in.

Lets not forget that Brazil werent actualy favourites to win the last world cup and in winning the world cup they became only the 2nd team to win the competition in a different continent to the one they play in.

Brazil had already won the World Cup in a continent other than their own, USA 94 and Sweden 58! Who are the other team, thought Brazil were the only ones to have done this?

Gutted about the Chelsea United score but then Chelsea were gonna win the title anyway so I suppose it isn't too big a deal. What does worry me is the injury to Wayne Ronney, saw it on Sky Sports News and he looked to be in total agony, and only 6 weeks till the World Cup!

Brazil had already won the World Cup in a continent other than their own, USA 94 and Sweden 58! Who are the other team, thought Brazil were the only ones to have done this?

Yeah I meant the Brazil team in Sweden forgot about USA 94. Although technically USA and Brazil are both in America (yes I know North and South America)

Edit: Yes Rotherham score an own goal \o/ Now Come on Hartlepool hold Brentford to a draw.

NOOOOOO, the fuckin spurs won 1 nil!!! Those bastards....:mad:

TBH, they will get 4th spot, but it won't matter, we'll win the champions league and they'll get crappy UEFA football. Trust me, this will happen...it HAS to happen...:sad:

NOOOOOO, the fuckin spurs won 1 nil!!! Those bastards....:mad:

TBH, they will get 4th spot, but it won't matter, we'll win the champions league and they'll get crappy UEFA football. Trust me, this will happen...it HAS to happen...:sad:

Were going on a European journey! Just need Barcalona...to...win...please :heh:

Who needs Henry when you have Aaron Lennon?*runs away* :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!