Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

Contra 3 vs Gunstar heroes

which is the better shoot em up?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. which is the better shoot em up?

• Contra III: The alien wars(Snes)
    • Gunstar Heroes(Megadrive)
    • I hate both because they are too hard and therefore am admitting I have no taste in videogaming

I choose Contra all the way

of course over here contra was called

Super Probotector: Alien Rebels

Super Probotector was such a great game I still play it today, it's unbelievable. Superb graphics and gameplay to match.

Contra will always be the best. I remember i basically downloaded all of em last summer because they were that amazing.

Apparantly the ps2 version (Contra: Shattered Soldier) was really good aswell; nice to see a franchise holding its ground.

Contra 3 here.

I remember playing Contra back when i was a kid. And now finally i'm playing Contra 3 thanks to the virtual console. It's really good.

I'd vote Contra because it just oozes with Awesomeness, although i'm not that good at it... A lot of fun in co-op.

I have Gunstar heroes (VC) on my Wii and is to easy. I prefer games with a challenge even if i'm bad at them.

But contra is clearly the better game in everyway i really don't get why you would go the other

I have never played Gunstar Heroes, however I have major doubts that there is any 2-D scolling shooter that beats Super Probotector.

I've only played gunstar heroes(got it on the VC) but not Contra, as I was worried about getting that to play without a CC. I do think Gunstar Heroes is pretty awesome, very unique game, what's Contra got that makes it better?

I've only played gunstar heroes(got it on the VC) but not Contra, as I was worried about getting that to play without a CC. I do think Gunstar Heroes is pretty awesome, very unique game, what's Contra got that makes it better?

Better levels, guns, bosses, enemies.

Everything.

the gameplay changes from level to level in contra plus its ten times harder and has better music in my opinion. In the weapons department it might lose though. I fail to see how gunstar is unique. the original contra really invented that style of play. there is also an emphaises on platformering in contra too

Better levels, guns, bosses, enemies.

Everything.

perhaps not weapons but WAYY better levels. Also left out better musicbut you did say everything

At the time it was beautiful graphically, it mixes in great run and gun gameplay with magnificent set pieces, superbly designed levels each of which is markedly different. It's also very very challenging and plays very well.

Sign in to follow this