N-Europe

Virgin Media 20mbit upgrade dates!

Guest Jordan

Guest Jordan

£37 a month is good, i get 20mbit download (ish) with a 738k upload. No caps at all, well theres a fair usage policy but its fairly leanient (sp) and you get all the usual crap like web space and an email. I use neither.

My Sister has never stopped complaining about her cable since it switched to Virgin. Apparently the net is just totally down 90% of the time, same for the TV. She rang customer support and when she eventually got through, they tried to blame her wireless router (which it wasn't because she took that out of the equation and still had problems).

Considering I was thinking of going cable in July, it's a bit worrying.

Guest Jordan
My Sister has never stopped complaining about her cable since it switched to Virgin. Apparently the net is just totally down 90% of the time, same for the TV. She rang customer support and when she eventually got through, they tried to blame her wireless router (which it wasn't because she took that out of the equation and still had problems).

Thankfully, i'm part of the Telewest network. The people on the NTL network have been shafted pretty badly, apparently.

well at my parents we are on NTL and not had any problems since we went on to Virgin Media, it's been better if anything...the TV service is so much better what with all the new on demand content, and the wireless router works fine. Although there are problems if you have your V+ box as your main box to do with the internet, simply because they have new systems that aren't compatible with the old ones or something...

Leeds area - TBA (but when we got upgraded to 10 meg and V+, we were told it was August)

I've experienced a lot of problems since the switchover, such as loss of service, no information when I press the TV button to check what's on, they cancelled our broadband for several days after we complained about service, and they also told us that our wireless router was to blame.

We got it sorted, some hardcore complaining got us 25 quid in compensation and a discounted V+ box and 10 meg modem.

EDIT: Flameboy they stop running the modem through the cable box now.