NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Odwin

FAVC - Testers Needed

FAVC is a GUI that enables you to easily make DVDs from video files. It takes one, or more, video files and produces a dvd folder ready to be burned to a dvd disc that should play in any regular dvd player. FAVC uses several pieces of free software to accomplish its task.

Screenshot

Features:

Input video files and obtain a DVD folder ready to be burned to a DVD disc.

Automatic file recognition and analysis.

Automatically assigns correct bitrate based on disc size chosen.

Easy chapter creation.

AC3 Retention.

Uses Muxman (Via BatchMux) for DVD Authoring.

Automated Menu Generation for up to 8 Titles.

Requirements:

Must have Avisynth v2.56a or later installed.

Must have .NET framework Version 2 installed.

Instructions:

Open FAVC. Choose your video files, configure the options and then click the generate button. Whilst processing, tasks will run on the task bar and can be watched. The main task is video encoding, which is done by QuEnc 0.72 or HC 0.21.0.0. When everything is done you will have a dvd folder in the required directory.

Files:

http://download.videohelp.com/favc/FAVC_104.exe (32 bit) (self-extracting)

http://download.videohelp.com/favc/FAVC_104.zip (32 bit) (zip file)

http://download.videohelp.com/favc/FAVC_104_x64.exe (64 bit) (self-extracting)

http://download.videohelp.com/favc/FAVC_104_x64.zip (64 bit) (zip file)

Source:

http://download.videohelp.com/favc/FAVC_Source_104.zip Source Code (Really Messy!!!)

Homepage:

http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/home

I like it. Its quite simple to use, although I do find it a bit tricky the way it opens so many programs. I wasn't sure if it was finished or not.

One thing I didn;t like was that there wasn;t an obvious way to ensure that the selection of video files will be 1 dvd's worth.

I usually use ImToo dvd creator to do this, which clearly has less functionality as there are far far fewer setting, but it is easy to make a compilation of video files and you know it'll fit.

I was using the standard one btw.

You have no idea, how much I looked for something like this. I will gladly test it on Vista.

Edit: Apparently it didn't work, I might have done something wrong, the VIDEO_TS folder is empty :( I'll try again tomorrow.

You have no idea, how much I looked for something like this. I will gladly test it on Vista.

goes for me too :D I'll download it now and give it a try later.

I have tried it a second time now.

The first was just with a single video file.

This time I put 8 episodes of series on there. I really really liked the way that it automatically formats the files to optimise them so they fit on the disk. What I mean is, I like how it let me put 8 hours worth of video on their and automatically changed the bitrates so they fitted. ImToo dvd creator simply gives you a set option, and would never have let me put this much onto 1 disk.

It's only failiure here was the lack of a menu, but it appears as though one is forthcoming.

Good work mr odwin!

Thanks for the testing guys.

Shino, can you tell me if you had success or more failure later?

That software is quite good in my eyes - especially because you have done it on your own.

Now once you consider this version "done" don't you want to start a easy to use DVD to AVI tool :)?

An easy dvd to avi tool is AutoGK or AutoMKV. Both are free and work well.

Thanks for the testing guys.

Shino, can you tell me if you had success or more failure later?

Success! I really have no idea why it didn't work before, but it worked now!

It's a really nice job you did, I think its "just" an interface you did for all those other apps it comes with right?

Anyway, I like this nice little app, and I shall use it a lot.

Success! I really have no idea why it didn't work before, but it worked now!

It's a really nice job you did, I think its "just" an interface you did for all those other apps it comes with right?

Anyway, I like this nice little app, and I shall use it a lot.

Yeah, in essence it just writes a load of command lines, after it's had a quick look at the files.

Did you use Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit?

Yeah, in essence it just writes a load of command lines, after it's had a quick look at the files.

Did you use Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit?

Vista 64 bit, I guess as long as it uses .Net framework you probably won't have any problems.

Thought I'd give this topic a bit of a bump. FAVC can now automatically create menus for up to 8 videos and should be Vista Friendly.

Yes, it's an awesome free app. Any bug reports or reports of success are welcomed!

excellent, I'll download the new one, as menus was the key 'failing' of the last one. I have some requests for sme Heroes DVD's, so I'll sort that and give some feedback this week.

Can't seem to get it working. I've installed the latest version of Avisynth and its throwing up an error which says that AVIsynth probably isn't installed....

Codec related?

What's the file (video/audio codec, avi/mp4/mov?) that you're trying to convert?

Sign in to follow this