NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Kung Fu Hustle

OH god I love this film so much I couldn't help but start a thread, sorry.

Filmfour as of 10 minutes ago, catch it now! Or in 50 minutes on filmfour+1.

It's a martial art kind of comedy/drama(not the right word really) with lots of stylization and nothing like anything you'll have seen before, unless you see Shaolin Soccer(by the same guy, and sharing some of the cast) or if you have in fact, seen the actual film itself before, in which case you're probably already watching because you like it so much.

EDIT: Surreal was the word I was looking for, it's like nothing you'll have seen before! In a good way! Funny, too!

Ayup, will be catching this. I've seen about the first hour or so, but I have yet to watch all the way full. Cracking film from what I saw of it though.

Hmm sounds so good I may just have to get out my aerial cable, reinstall my TV card and watch without a license!

is it the cantonese version or the english dubed version?, whatever, i'm watching anyways...

Cantonese, so no crappy english dubs. I prefer original languages and subtitles in stuff I watch, it's the only way!

I saw thisa few years back. Didn't really nejoy it though, didn'tthink it was too funny and the story was rather dire if i rememerbc correctly.

Hmm sounds so good I may just have to get out my aerial cable, reinstall my TV card and watch without a license!

Be sure to set a variety of hilariously ingenious traps around the house for when the TV license people come knocking.

Really Moria? Most people I know who've seen it liked it. I think it's got a very good balance of everything in it, a good amount of realism and surrealism, not too many jokes but not too much seriousness either, both at the same time sort of thing without actually being either.

It's hard to describe, it's so different to the usual style of stuff I've ever seen, I think it's why I like it so much :D

OH god I love this film so much I couldn't help but start a thread, sorry.

Filmfour as of 10 minutes ago, catch it now! Or in 50 minutes on filmfour+1.

It's a martial art kind of comedy/drama(not the right word really) with lots of stylization and nothing like anything you'll have seen before, unless you see Shaolin Soccer(by the same guy, and sharing some of the cast) or if you have in fact, seen the actual film itself before, in which case you're probably already watching because you like it so much.

EDIT: Surreal was the word I was looking for, it's like nothing you'll have seen before! In a good way! Funny, too!

Next time, make sure you tell us sooner (10 mins is a bit short).

Sorry, i'm just pist that I missed such an awesome film.

This is probably worth watching for the most be-muscled 12 year old lad ever.

Next time, make sure you tell us sooner (10 mins is a bit short).

Sorry, i'm just pist that I missed such an awesome film.

Meh, you only missed 10 minutes, and I did mention it in the MPotD thread. Surely if you have filmfour you have filmfour+1 anyway?? Tune into that in 10 minutes and you're sorted!

This is probably worth watching for the most be-muscled 12 year old lad ever.

PEDOFILE!

(heh, not really, that bit is quite funny)

Somehow even though it was only minutes after I made the above plan, I managed to totally forget. o_O I have such a bad short-term memory.

Ahh, such a great film, gaggle is right ^

Only issue I have with it is the plot at the end, felt a little rushed and hurried to wrap it up or something. I might have a look to see if Stephen Chow has done any other stuff too...

Ahh, such a great film, gaggle is right ^

Only issue I have with it is the plot at the end, felt a little rushed and hurried to wrap it up or something. I might have a look to see if Stephen Chow has done any other stuff too...

He also did Shaolin Soccer (Kung Fu Hustle was his follow up). I've only watch the first 40 minutes of that too, must get back to it sometime. I don't think it's quite as good as Kung Fu Hustle, but definitely worth a look.

Both fantastic films!

Both in cantonese! It is so much funnier in the native language, trust me! Little social jokes actually make sense!

Best moment between the two? The dancing scene with the the conductor in shaolin soccer where they all break into dance.

Shaolin Soccer had its moments, like when that guy got beaten up for missing a shot, its not a bad film. It can be quite funny in places.

Yeah I've seen shaolin soccer too, one of my friends prefers that, but I think I prefer kung fu hustle, both very good though. I've just downloaded another by him, called God of Cookery or something like that. I'll probs watch it tonight or tomorrow when I take a break from the revision I haven't started yet, and let you guys know how it is. Don't think it'll be as good though, as apparently Shaolin Soccer was once the biggest hit from Hong Kong, until it was beaten by Kung Fu Hustle, should still be pretty entertaining though.

I still prefer Kung Fu hustle caus it had a better story and wasnt AS surreal (though both are) as kung fu hustle). Think the latter was made with the western audience in mind and possibly hence not as good..

I got this on DVD so I gave it a miss. Got Shaloin Soccer also on DVD and they're both fantastically funny films.

Shaoling soccer had me in stitches nearly through it all. The end match was just awesome.

Sign in to follow this