N-Europe

PS3-PSP Remote Play

Ant-Shimmin

Wouldn't that require the PS3 to be on all the time in order to connect to it? Resulting in an extremely hefty electricity bill.

Same thing could be said about Wii-DS, except Nintendo are yet to get off their lazy asses and do something about it (Pokemon excluded).

I've never seen PS3-PSP link in action but the whole "Download PS1 games to your PSP" thing just seems like a way to get people to fork out hundreds of pounds just so they can play PS1 games on their PSP when in reality it could easily be done on the PSP with no PS3 needed.

In other words, care to tell me what was so special about it?

*Edit* Also shouldn't this be in the "Other Consoles" Topic? Since in the topic description it says "Nintendo Handhelds"

It's a really cool idea, accessing your PS3 wherever you are, but at the same time, PS3 would have to be left on all the time, which would be daft. If you could switch your PS3 on remotely and then access it, it would be a more practical idea.

I saw it at my friends and one has to say, I like the way this looks and the potential it has, rumours are going around it will be able to access the PS3 from anywhere around the world by connecting to an individual I.P...

That's not a rumour, that's true. Sync your psp to your ps3, and you can access it (as long as it is on) from a wifi hostpot and paly movies, music, etc.

Until Sony can think of a better useage for in-game linkup than a wing mirror, the idea is 'meh'.

Buy four PSP's and play Ico: Four Swords?

The GC/GBA link up was rubbish, and when it comes to playing games, this will be as well. I like the idea of synching it up with your PS3 though, not that I'd ever do that. Ever.