N-Europe

I am using window vista voice recognition

Ant-Shimmin

That was your first comment.

You know, that's what happens when you pull it out of context. Off course I knew it would get some response from the windows freaks that refer to me to always get Apple squeezed in a discussion, while I didn't mean it bad, I just predicted that I'de get those replies. My first reply wasn't all too Apple-obvious and defensive.

And with this, it's back in context:

I know, it was a Mac reference,...

So how does this voice recognition work? Can you open programs using it or is it just used in text boxes?

Yes you can do that as well, you put it into listening mode by simply saying...

"Start Listening" and "Stop Listening" for the opposite effect...

The features are virtually endless with this, also if there is a particular phrase which you cannot say yet it has a hyperlink on the Internet you can say "show numbers" and so will show numbers for each individual link.

You then, say the number and say okay and all access it automatically, this also works on other applications.

There are many ways to use the voice recognition system to access programs be it by saying the applications name itself, or by the above number of method.

It is amazing at how the voice recognition system can understand such complex words, and different applications names.

And due to the excessive amount of times that I visit the site all I have to say is "N Europe" on my desktop, and without any fuss it will launch an Internet browser already linked up to the site. This goes for any site on the Internet.

However, this does take some getting used to but as I said in previous posts the more you use it the more the System learns, one way of doing this is taking the tests preinstalled on this PC to help better recognise your voice.

Anyway Jasper, I know you like your mac, you obviously have a slight hatred of those who use Windows Operating systems.

But by the sounds of things there are many threads relating to a PC v Mac argument so hopefully you can continue on your argument in one of those threads.

This is a thread relating to Windows Vista and the voice recognition system, if you do not have anything to add to this topic apart from provocative, and perhaps annoying arguments which have no place in this thread.

Then I suggest you start up your own thread regarding your PC vs. Mac argument.

So how does this voice recognition work? Can you open programs using it or is it just used in text boxes?

You can control the whole lot with it! Was using it last night but unfortunately its a bit laggy with only 512MB RAM. Guess i need an upgrade before i can ditch the keyboard

You can control the whole lot with it! Was using it last night but unfortunately its a bit laggy with only 512MB RAM. Guess i need an upgrade before i can ditch the keyboard

You will need 1GB at least, people say 2GB should be the minimum however I beg to differ.

I have 1GB Memory and I have several applications running as well as music, the voice recognition system, and I have no slowdown rate at all.

I do however plan to get a 2GB stick just to get a little extra from it :)

Anyway Jasper, I know you like your mac, you obviously have a slight hatred of those who use Windows Operating systems.

But by the sounds of things there are many threads relating to a PC v Mac argument so hopefully you can continue on your argument in one of those threads.

This is a thread relating to Windows Vista and the voice recognition system, if you do not have anything to add to this topic apart from provocative, and perhaps annoying arguments which have no place in this thread.

Then I suggest you start up your own thread regarding your PC vs. Mac argument.

Yes, refer to me as the devil in disguise. I always bring in Mac just for the sake of bringing it in. God damnit, if I hated Windows that much, I wouldn't have posted that I use it, do I? Apparantly from the moment the word 'mac' pops up in the discussion you windows-fans all go crazy over the word, even though I was just saying something small and looking at what the position of Windows vista was. If I want to see if Windows' voice recognition is any good, I'de better compare it to the competitors on the market no? And it that aspect, Apple stinks. Try playing Chess with voice recognition - it's like talking to aa wall and saying he should paint himself. It won't hppen. I'm glad it works fine on Vista, wich is a triumph for Vista users.

See what my mac reference did here? It looked at competition, and it didn't bluntly say 'mac nis better' - wich I never say without giving you a good reason for it. It's tiring me that the moment you mention mac or apple, all you guys are stressing on that reference even though I posted a completely different question (do you guys still have those annoying pop-up bubbles? They were really annoying back in the XP days...). Sadly enough, everyone focuses on a small, insignificant Mac-reference, forcing me to go to defense mode. If you guys wouldn't blow this out of proportion it would be fine.

Djees.

You will need 1GB at least, people say 2GB should be the minimum however I beg to differ.

I have 1GB Memory and I have several applications running as well as music, the voice recognition system, and I have no slowdown rate at all.

I do however plan to get a 2GB stick just to get a little extra from it :)

Are you running AERO, too? My pals laptop has 2Gb and it is amazing to see Vista working on that. Smooth, silky and pretty.

ant: let me know which flash mem stick you aim to get as some are incomptible with the readyboost function.

http://www.grantgibson.co.uk/misc/readyboost/?make=Buffalo

see that list.

I am looking at http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000BYW53A/sr=8-13/qid=1176674552/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/202-8850391-4618257?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=560798&qid=1176674552&sr=8-13

with free delivery :P and cheaper than play too!

I just hope it will make enough of difference to my 512mb system XD

ant: let me know which flash mem stick you aim to get as some are incomptible with the readyboost function.

http://www.grantgibson.co.uk/misc/readyboost/?make=Buffalo

see that list.

I am looking at http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000BYW53A/sr=8-13/qid=1176674552/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/202-8850391-4618257?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=560798&qid=1176674552&sr=8-13

with free delivery :P and cheaper than play too!

I just hope it will make enough of difference to my 512mb system XD

I don't know how a Flash USB Pen Drive can have any affect on Vista, if you have 512MB you need another Memory Upgrade, on that I cannot help you with due to the fact...

A: It sometimes depends on different systems

B: I Myself am restricted due to the fact I have a Dell PC *sighs*

I don't know how a Flash USB Pen Drive can have any affect on Vista, if you have 512MB you need another Memory Upgrade, on that I cannot help you with due to the fact...

A: It sometimes depends on different systems

B: I Myself am restricted due to the fact I have a Dell PC *sighs*

Vista runs OK on 512MB, add a 1GB flash drive using ReadyBoost and the performance is actually good!

All ReadyBoost does is use the flash drive for the paging file instead of the hard drive, but when you dont have a lot of RAM this makes a massive difference. Vista can read/write to the paging file a lot faster so everything loads quicker.

Its not a replacement for extra RAM, but for £20 or so its a damn good solution if you have a limited budget!

There was a video around somewhere comparing it to a computer with 2GB RAM, the results were quite impressive

• 2 weeks later...