N-Europe

Another HDTV Thread...

Charlie

Guess what guys? I'm (thinking of) getting a HDTV by the end of May. Little bit of forward planning, I know, but I want to get in early because I'm hoping my parents will pay for some/all of it for my 18th birthday (28th of May if you want to buy me a present).

I'm limiting myself to around £400 and I've come up with these models so far. Are they any good? Should I get another instead?

I'm wanting to use it as a computer monitor, with the Xbox 360 and the Wii..

LG 26LC2R - 26" - £379.99

B000FBFY3M.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V24609000_AA280_.jpg

Cello TP-2603 - 26" - £299.99

B000NTDIWU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V42741508_AA280_.jpg

Samsung LE23R71BX - 23'' - £399.99

B000IHYSFI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_AA280_.jpg

Samsung LE26R74BDX - 26" - £449.99 (Currently £429.99 on Play.com)

B000F4TC32.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V24619308_AA280_.jpg

Viewpia LC-32IEE4 - 32" - £379.99

B000L3PPG0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45168054_AA280_.jpg

Am I missing something about that bottom one? 32" for £379?

That 26" Sammy is now £399.99 Charlie, its awsome too.

It has everything you need for the Wii, 360 and PC.

The only this is that the Wii will take up the componant socket, the 360 VGA so you will have to run your PC through hdmi via a adaptor.

If you need anything you know where i am.

Guest Stefkov
That 26" Sammy is now £399.99 Charlie, its awsome too.

It has everything you need for the Wii, 360 and PC.

The only this is that the Wii will take up the componant socket, the 360 VGA so you will have to run your PC through hdmi via a adaptor.

If you need anything you know where i am.

Well if he doesn't have a component cable for the Wii, he can have the 360 on component, the wii via scart and then se the vga for his pc.

Then on top of that there's the hdmi port plus another scart socket and the 3 plug that you can put an adaptor on to make it plug into scart.

The Samsung has everything really.

If it's for your room then the 26" would be just right, I had mine as a monitor and it was amazingly big, and for videos ;) it was awesome.

Guest Stefkov
I would dread to see what the Wii looks like on Scart :P

I played zelda through it on mine and it was fine. I seriously dont think its as bad as people say.

What connections does you're computer have? If it has DVI then run the PC down a DVI to HDMI cable, if not then VGA/Component/RGB Scart

The problem with the Samsung is it uses 4 different panels and its a lottery as to which one you get. Samsung advertises these TVs as having an S-PVA panel and these are the ones that are given to reviewers. In reality, most people that buy these sets get the CMO panel which is far cheaper and no-where near as good

The Samsung is a cracking TV if you get either the Samsung S-PVA or AUO A-MVA panels so to make sure thats what you get buy from a shop and ask to see the unit you're buying first.

More on the panel stuff over at AVForums, just do a search in the LCD forum for Samsung S-PVA CMO

I would dread to see what the Wii looks like on Scart :P

I've never had it on anything else other than... the connectors it came with. :heh:

Even Scart would be an improvement.

What connections does you're computer have? If it has DVI then run the PC down a DVI to HDMI cable, if not then VGA/Component/RGB Scart

It's a Mac Mini, so it has DVI and VGA (through an adaptor).

Cool Any help on components I would need to get with it?

VGA Cable however this means you have to pull out the 360 cable when you want on the pc, etc. You can buy a KVM box which means you would only have to flick a switch but their are around £40, so imo it's not worth it.

VGA Cable however this means you have to pull out the 360 cable when you want on the pc, etc. You can buy a KVM box which means you would only have to flick a switch but their are around £40, so imo it's not worth it.

What would I need for the Wii to work with it? Im guessing it will be something else or will it not work with that at all?

Get the Samsung LE26R74BDX, no question. I have the 32" version of that TV and the Wii looks fantastic on it through 480p component! (Please make sure you use component, nothing else will do! And make sure the sharpness is turned down on it as well!!!)

Of course the 360 and PS3 look amazing on it as well :)

Even includes a little built in Wii Sensor bar stand on the top of it!