NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jordan

www.doom.com - The most expensive domain sale on ebay ever?

Could well be. At 23:50 the bidding is sat at:

£17,101.00

Yes, thats right, £17K. I mean, what the crap?! The incredible thing is the reserve still hasn't been met.

This is definatly the highest price i've ever seen a domain go for. Crazy thing is, according to a screenshot on the sale a guy is making $110 some days with just ad hits. Man, lucky bastard.

WOW :shock:

But why do people buy domain names for so much? What is the point, unless they're companies who need that exact domain name, in this case the company that made Doom.

i just dont understand :hmm:

But why do people buy domain names for so much? What is the point, unless they're companies who need that exact domain name, in this case the company that made Doom.

I would have thought that a major company to do with the Doom franchise is behind the bidding. I just can't see a fan of the series coughing up that much cash for it.

If there is proof that it makes so much money in advertising, that seems a good enough reason.

if you were to make a decent website on that domain, get even more ppl viewing, you could easily make back your 17k from adverts

coz he can get 17k for it, wich is btter than 100 dollars a day, wel depends if he needs money in a hurry, or he just wants a bit extra income, i wud go for 100 dollars a day

thats madness :| why the hell is the dude selling it if hes makin so much on click ads?

True, inless he's hopeing for it to go for even more...?

100 dollars a day would keep you fr life, and 17k probs wouldnt. but maybe the dude did want the money in a hurry i dunno :heh:

I doubt he makes $100 a day from ads. He wouldn't get that money until the end of the month (most places do that) and that's not long away. Unless he needs a lot of money now I reckon he's lieing about that money. Cna we have a link please, Jordan?

yeah but you cant really lie about these things on ebay can you.

it wouldnt surprise me, and perhaps he needs more than a months sum of money

yeah but you cant really lie about these things on ebay can you.

it wouldnt surprise me, and perhaps he needs more than a months sum of money

No one can check up on him. Just because one person gets loads of money from adverts, it doesn't mean the next person will. The buyer will have to get his own adverts.

(Incase anyone's got a spare £600,000, there's a Ferrari Enzo on eBay at the moment)

Sign in to follow this