NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
McPhee

Windows Live

Just been reading about this, are Microsoft being serious? No keyboard + mouse support on the 360 because it will "unbalance" games and yet they're quite happy to launch Live on Windows and start making cross-platform games? (Shadownrun)

Hopefully something good comes out of it (dedicated servers?) but right now im not all that happy :hmm:

It's good that it's at least a form of cross-console multiplayer. It's been done on PSP/DS but with homebrew noughts and crosses.

Tbh, I don't really see how its going to work either. I think it much faster to use a keyboard and mouse, and so there is an advantage...but I prefer controllers because they are way more comfortable!

As long as there's an option to set games for 360 players only I don't care.

Just been reading about this, are Microsoft being serious? No keyboard

textscreen001dz3.jpg

oh well better then nothing

no game support though

I'm pretty sure they have plans to even it out, with the mouse and keyboard being quicker and more precise, i imagine they'd put auto-lock on the 360 version.

Anyone seen that 'tilt' sensor controls some people have made for the 360 controller?

I think I saw it on engadget, someone had made the 360 like the PS3 controller. With that keyboard attached it would be heavy waving it around but it could be like a mouse and keayboard

Anyone seen that 'tilt' sensor controls some people have made for the 360 controller?

I think I saw it on engadget, someone had made the 360 like the PS3 controller. With that keyboard attached it would be heavy waving it around but it could be like a mouse and keayboard

I saw an acceleromter someone attached to the dpad in X360 i picked up.

What exactly is all this Windows Live business? Sounds interesting.

That keyboard controller reminds me of that Japanese Gamecube controller with a keyboard slapped bang in the middle, except this 360 ones looks infinitely more comfortable.

Like Xbox Live but on PC, allowing cross-platform gaming. So far its got 360 owners annoyed because the keyboard + mouse setup of the PC is far more accurate in shooting games and PC owners annoyed because they'll have to pay a sub to play certain games online from now on.

Basically, its not one of Microsofts best ideas. If we get dedicated servers out of the deal then its not so bad but i doubt that'll happen

Ahh, I see.

Well, the initial idea of cross-platform gaming sounds good, but then the playing field doesn't seem entirely level. Like you said, PC gamers do have access to much easier aiming. Hmm, apart from the idea of allowing 360 owners to use a keyboard and mouse, I don't see another way around that problem.

The idea of using a keyboard and mouse for a home console doesn't seem all that great to me, you'll have to be sitting near a clear surface like a table to rest the keyboard and mouse on, and so it sorta throws out the whole idea of sitting in your arm chair and just gaming.

Like Xbox Live but on PC, allowing cross-platform gaming. So far its got 360 owners annoyed because the keyboard + mouse setup of the PC is far more accurate in shooting games and PC owners annoyed because they'll have to pay a sub to play certain games online from now on.

Basically, its not one of Microsofts best ideas. If we get dedicated servers out of the deal then its not so bad but i doubt that'll happen

It's seprate, for example Halo2 PC owners cant play Xbox Halo2 owners.

It's seprate, for example Halo2 PC owners cant play Xbox Halo2 owners.

Shadowrun is the first cross platform release i think.

Shadowrun is the first cross platform release i think.

Yeah you're right, and the big question right now is how they're balancing the game so that you can be equally matched against PC players.

They can just restrict this shit so that 360 players can choose to only play with other 360ers.

Sign in to follow this