NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

The Gadget Show

Did anyone just watch the Gadget Show on 5?

They had a Computer Vs Games Consoles test, which because of the bullcrap they spew the computer won hands down...In the 4 rounds the PS3 was the only one to win a round...and the Wii lost the round about gameplay...

Their tests are so stupid and ill thought out...AAAAARGH!

I really want to round-house kick that git with the glasses in the face!

But the PC made the guys heart beat quicker than the PS3 so PC's better. Wonder why they didn't use Wii Sports for that test?

They said to be a true gamer you have to own a gaming pc...erm no. Great competition though!

But the PC made the guys heart beat quicker than the PS3 so PC's better. Wonder why they didn't use Wii Sports for that test?

Exactly!! Its like she wanted to lose and look like a complete inbred! :indeed:

They said to be a true gamer you have to own a gaming pc...erm no. Great competition though!

Yea, awesome competition!

I like the way in the test they never took into account that the PC cost almost £3000 where as the consoles together only cost about £900!! It just so stupid!

That guy with the glasses is suck a prick...

If one thing could happen this year, I would want to win that comp...lol. Seriously everyone should sign up for that, it's mental. I mean don't...then i'll have a better chance of winning!

I like the way in the test they never took into account that the PC cost almost £3000 where as the consoles together only cost about £900!! It just so stupid!
Eh? They mentioned that about half a dozen times... and why are you so defensive for consoles? PCs are awesome.

Eh? They mentioned that about half a dozen times... and why are you so defensive for consoles? PCs are awesome.

Yer but Consoles - in terms of gaming - are far cheaper for what your'e getting; more realiable, more acessible in terms of mulitplayer gaming in close-quarters and recieve the best first party games. Also PC gaming has the fundamental flaw that every game will not be compatible with every PC; consoles are more practical in this way. Saying that, both have their advantages, but as a gaming platform, consoles are in the lead, surely?

Yea, but they didn't take it into acount in the test.

I like PCs, I mean I've got a beast of one in my room, but I just hate the way they did this test...and the bloke with glasses really got on my nerves! I personally prefer consoles because they don't require any real upgrading, and the like, but I agree PCs rock too!

EDIT: Basically I agree 100% with what sprirted away just said!

Yer but Consoles - in terms of gaming - are far cheaper for what your'e getting; more realiable, more acessible in terms of mulitplayer gaming in close-quarters and recieve the best first party games. Also PC gaming has the fundamental flaw that every game will not be compatible with every PC; consoles are more practical in this way. Saying that, both have their advantages, but as a gaming platform, consoles are in the lead, surely?

I agree with all of this.

With a PC game, unless you have a truely awesome machine, there's always a chance the game won't run all that great, or that you may have to run it with lesser detail, etc. You don't get that with console gaming, you can just pick up a game and play it from the off.

Don't get me wrong, I've had some great experiences with PC gaming. Tiberian Sun will always hold a special place in my heart. But a lot of the time, it seems more trouble than it's worth. Check here for proof: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13566

Hey, can anyone locate the competition on the website? I can't seem to find it...

The website doesn't seem to be working very well atm...at least for me!

The website doesn't seem to be working very well atm...at least for me!

Same here, but after a lot of refreshes it sometimes works. I'm eager to enter:heh:

Hmm to get one's heart beat faster while playing a game, one should just put some hard trance or heavy metal playing in the background. Works with every console/pc :heh:

Pc wins on online gaming. But microsoft is trying to mess that up also.

What were the rounds based on? Online gaming, fun and what else?

And surely gaming is down to the actual game? Or were they talking about how you played the game?

What were the rounds based on? Online gaming, fun and what else?

And surely gaming is down to the actual game? Or were they talking about how you played the game?

No fun category. Twas gameplay, online and tech and the heart rate test for excitement?! Surely asking the player which he preferred is a better way of determining the 'thrill' of the game...

This week's competition is a blinder - just look at what you could win!

A Vadim custom-built Gaming PC

A Microsoft Xbox 360

A Nintendo Wii

A Sony PS3

A Nintendo DS

A Sony PSP

A Toshiba 42-inch LCD TV

And a 20-inch LCD TV

And a year's free subscription to Virgin Media's full Hi Definition service

A MacBook laptop

And an Epsom photo printer

An HC3 Hi Definition camcorder

A Fuji F31 compact digital camera

And a Crumpler Loyal Chap camera bag

A 80Gb iPod video and an iPod Shuffle

A Tom Tom Go 910 in-car Sat Nav

An Arcam Solo HiFi system

A Swan toaster

A Robosapien RS Media robot

A set of Bose Noise-reduction headphones

And a Hummer Tactical Mountain Bike

I want the PS3 because I don't want to pay for one! I would sell most the other stuff...and I really need a new bike!

Thing is, and what they forget to take into account

(1) Firewalls, drivers, graphics cards, compatibility, crashes etc aren't an issue with consoles, therefore there is ease of use

(2) The Pro Gamer is a PC gamer, therefore he's going to get a bigger buzz out of his PC games

And with the MP3 player segment, they don't take into account the Apple/iTunes/Store/iPod ease of use/experience, its (the Shuffle's/iPod's) biggest USP.

I know the MP3 player thing was stupid aswell. You don't buy an iPod Shuffle so you can pick any song at any time!

Does anyone have the address to enter the competition online? Cos I'm on the website but I can't find where to enter!

Where is the competition to enter?

I want that list of goods.

Well ..I'm too slow.

I really like that show..Jon Bentley doesn't add much to it though.

the competition is always worth £10k+ and they get far more in profit

Sign in to follow this