N-Europe

Browser taking up 90%+ cpu!!

Letty

Ive been having a bit of trouble with my browser (Slimbrowser) recently. Basically, I open it up, and it runs fine for about 20 minutes. After that, it suddenly uses up about 70% more cpu than normal, so I have to close the program and run it again.

This only started today, and Ive had this browser since late december, with no problems.

Does anyone know whats going on?

I dont want to change browser either, I really like this!

Edit - its happening every 5 mins or so now, ack!

Slimbrowser is like a resource sucking modification for internet explorer. Its stuffing extra features on to IE then calling it minimalistic. I suggest uninstalling it and not reinstalling it.

That was kinda as elitist as those guys who post "Get a mac!" wasn't it? Wow, now I see why they do it :D

Personally i stopped using it a while back and switched to IE7 in Vista... which is pretty good supprisingly.

Yah I was surprised on how nice it is as well. I actually use it every now and then. Mainly just so I can pull up My [email protected] faster though...

I've just recently started using Opera instead of Firefox and it doesn't kill the cpu much at all.

But if you want to keep Slimbrowser, the only thing I can reccommend is what Gizmo said. And once it reaches 90% does it stay there for a while, or does it bounce back and forth a little?

edit* councidentally my browser just went crazy loaded one site and cpu usage went to 100% and it stopped working... Closed it and opened again tried the same website and it did the same thing. Tried a different website and it worked fine... That doesn't really make sense but it's what happened.

I still can't stand Opera's layout really. I feel like they made certain illogical choices purely to be different. I'm still a firefox guy myself, well customised, minimalistic, all adverts completely blocked and currently using... 61k RAM. Which I guess is quite a lot, but with 2GB I'm just not too fussed :D

I still can't stand Opera's layout really. I feel like they made certain illogical choices purely to be different. I'm still a firefox guy myself, well customised, minimalistic, all adverts completely blocked and currently using... 61k RAM. Which I guess is quite a lot, but with 2GB I'm just not too fussed :D

Opera's layout is fully customizable, even moreso than Firefox. You can also download custom skins.

Its also the safest and fastest browser there is.

And once it reaches 90% does it stay there for a while, or does it bounce back and forth a little?

It went to 100%, but I assumed it was the combined amount from all my programs. Anyway, It got to 100% and stayed there. It only stopped when I closed and opened it again, where it would go back down to 10 or 20.

It seems to have stopped now though.

Wierd that...