NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

My Wii is dead!

Well I've had problems with it crashing for the 2/3 weeks, today it seems to have bit the dust. Keep turning it on and it turns on but nothing happens.... the light goes green but nothing happens and it won't turn off with unplugging it! the wiimote lights just flash and it never syncs, sometimes if im luck it gets to the health and safety screen but then crashes.... grrrr

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

so sad, anyone else sent one off? how long did it take to come back?

yep done them all...

oddly managed to get it up and running now...sat watching my girlfriend playing wii sports....see how long it lasts before it crashes...

Unlucky, Flameboy. As far as I know, you're the first bloke on this forum with a dodgey Wii. (lol)

The humour of this forum never cease to amaze me.

:D

It sounds like it may be worth getting it replaced anyway, if it's been playing up over the last few weeks. May not be ideal, but it's probably going to play up again otherwise.

yeah have taken disc out, taking the sd card out, blowing on all the cables etc...

only thing we have decided to try now, is I used to use a surge protected multi socket adaptor but changed it for one that has more sockets, so may power dips and surges have been causing it to crash?! changed it back and it seems to be playing ok now..., but im not counting my blessing just yet, its run for hours before without crashing before then, the test will be when it comes to getting it back on next time I turn it on.

Unlucky, Flameboy. As far as I know, you're the first bloke on this forum with a dodgey Wii. (lol)

I have a dodgy Wii. It artefacts like fuck. Same goes for a bajilion other people. It's not uncommon. Thankfully, Nintendo are nice, so send it to 'em detailing the problem and they'll send you a new one.

You know, when I first saw the thread title I read "My Wife is dead!"

>_>

Since when do people call their Penis their "Wee" or "Wii"...

Anyway, damn that's bad, use it as a fancy looking doorstop, and get them to send you a new one, which will laugh at the old one holding the door.

Since when do people call their Penis their "Wee" or "Wii"...

Shush, you're ruining the potential of millions of Wii puns!

well despite managing to get it running and played wii sports for about an hour, it won't turn back on now, seems to take about 10 attempts to get it working!

anyway gonna send it off, will ring them on monday I think. Is it like in America where they send you a shipping label/courier collect. Cos if some shitty telephonist tells me I have to pay, won't be impressed why I should I pay when the product is faulty?!

I don't think you will have to pay, Nintendo are usually pretty good with this kind of thing.

Never had any problem with any Nintendo system myself though :) one of the lucky ones.

well shall see....pretty annoyed about it. been hoping it wouldnt come to this.

EDIT:

Well been playing today and managed to get it to boot up once, managed to back up on my game saves onto SD Card, but it must have taken about 20 attempts to load up...

I just sent mine in. They said it will take only 3 days or so. As long as it's an irreparable problem and they have to give you a brand new one it's fast.

I just sent mine in. They said it will take only 3 days or so. As long as it's an irreparable problem and they have to give you a brand new one it's fast.

Did you have to pay the postage? I'm not gonna be very happy if we do, cos in america they don't!

It's definitly dead today, have tried about 10 times to get it turn on, taken all the cables out blowed them, tried turning it on with the wiimote and then using the switch on the machine, tried it on different plugs even a different TV.

Did you have to pay the postage? I'm not gonna be very happy if we do, cos in america they don't!

It's definitly dead today, have tried about 10 times to get it turn on, taken all the cables out blowed them, tried turning it on with the wiimote and then using the switch on the machine, tried it on different plugs even a different TV.

i'm afraid we do need to pay for our own postage and packaging. Last time i had to pay to send my DS in for repairs.

i'm afraid we do need to pay for our own postage and packaging. Last time i had to pay to send my DS in for repairs.

you see thats out of order...especially when this is clearly a problem I've had with the hardware since it came out, I'm gonna kick off about that, they don't in the US, in some instances I've read on the net they even send one out the next day and swap on the doorstep..another example of europe not being treated the same...

not that I can get through to them on the phone,been ringing since 9am and not got through yet.

you see thats out of order...especially when this is clearly a problem I've had with the hardware since it came out, I'm gonna kick off about that, they don't in the US, in some instances I've read on the net they even send one out the next day and swap on the doorstep..another example of europe not being treated the same...

not that I can get through to them on the phone,been ringing since 9am and not got through yet.

I just had a cunning plan. :)

Wouldn't it be really, really great if all the big Nintendo sites on the interweb grouped together and let NoE know we hate being bossed around?

I just had a cunning plan. :)

Wouldn't it be really, really great if all the big Nintendo sites on the interweb grouped together and let NoE know we hate being bossed around?

Well, I've ended up sending it off, the postage only cost £7.49, special delivery. They basically said I had to either pay or not get repaired it was simple as that, they said they wouldn't send me a replacement to my doorstep because I had bought Virtual Console games, and even if I wanted to forfeit them (which I didn't) it is against their policy to do it...or some bollocks, so basically I have had to send them it, they told me they have Wii's in stock so it should take less than a week.

I did however leave the package unsealed until the sale, and asked the postal clerk to put a copy of the reciept in, and on my covering letter I said I did not expect the cash, but even the £7.49 reimbursed as Wii Points would be better than nothing!

dsc00030us9.jpg

It just looks so bare :( :( :( :( :(

Sign in to follow this