NEurope

Nope. I've said it before - I don't really have much interest in most posts -- that's nothing against the users, the music or the posts, as I've tried listening to the suggestions that are made the majority of teh time and I decided long ago that it wasn't for me -- and the rare posts, maybe one a page, that offer a suggestion I'm more inclined to listen to are often lost because of the fast pace of this thread.

It's not uncommon for music to be spread over more than one thread on a forum, but you can't just have "pop" and "rock" because neither title is fair...

I'm not sure what the problem really is people have with the thread.

Jay, you say you like the odd suggestion, but make out that everything else posted, that you don't like, is inferior and somehow clogging the thread. Or at least the suggestion that another thread is needing does so.

I know people like to think its haggis talking about Ashley gabriella Perry or me talking about Tori Amos for 10000+ pages, but it's not.

I'm not sure what the problem really is people have with the thread.

Jay, you say you like the odd suggestion, but make out that everything else posted, that you don't like, is inferior and somehow clogging the thread. Or at least the suggestion that another thread is needing does so.

I know people like to think its haggis talking about Ashley gabriella Perry or me talking about Tori Amos for 10000+ pages, but it's not.

Oh, no, quite easily it could be said that everything I do like is clogging up this thread :P

Ok, maybe it can't be said that easily. But I do think this thread does suffer from a lack of diversity to an extent, and I do think that many posts are overlooked. Every 5 pages or so the only heated debate recurs; subjectivity vs. objectivity.

Well anyway; I like dub-step, can anyone recommend me some artists to listen to?

Oh, no, quite easily it could be said that everything I do like is clogging up this thread :P

Ok, maybe it can't be said that easily. But I do think this thread does suffer from a lack of diversity to an extent, and I do think that many posts are overlooked. Every 5 pages or so the only heated debate recurs; subjectivity vs. objectivity.

Well anyway; I like dub-step, can anyone recommend me some artists to listen to?

Ok.

---

Is Burial dub-step? He's brilliant. (Think he is)

Nope. I've said it before - I don't really have much interest in most posts -- that's nothing against the users, the music or the posts, as I've tried listening to the suggestions that are made the majority of teh time and I decided long ago that it wasn't for me -- and the rare posts, maybe one a page, that offer a suggestion I'm more inclined to listen to are often lost because of the fast pace of this thread.

It's not uncommon for music to be spread over more than one thread on a forum, but you can't just have "pop" and "rock" because neither title is fair...

"The Pop Shit Thread"

"The Guitar Shit Thread"

Burial is dub step yeah. He's notable, though, for sounding not like dub step. It's brilliant, really :)

to clarify: He uses the same sounds and techniques as dub step, but he is way more ambitious than most in the genre and he has no place at Tuesday Club (club we frequent in Sheff, if you kids are confused). Try him out though he's boss.

Burial is dub step yeah. He's notable, though, for sounding not like dub step. It's brilliant, really :)

to clarify: He uses the same sounds and techniques as dub step, but he is way more ambitious than most in the genre and he has no place at Tuesday Club (club we frequent in Sheff, if you kids are confused). Try him out though he's boss.

I have Untrue, the one he was nominated for the Mercury prize with, and it's V.artmospheric, which is nice. Not sure I'd like much other "normal" dubstep.

you probably wouldn't. It's like a sub woofer farting.

:laughing:

Yeah, Burial is more ambient RnB than the hard, grinding, club dubstep that I'm after. Just sounds like Artful Dodger in a deckchair on a roof garden, in sunglasses with its feet up and a Pimms at hand.

I'm finally sitting down and giving Muse a proper listen. Obviously I've heard them before, but never by choice.

Listening to a recommended mix by someone on another site;

New Born

Hysteria

Muscle Museum

Map Of The Problematique

Stockholm Syndrome

Micro Cuts

Shrinking Universe

Time Is Running Out

Thoughts Of A Dying Athesit

Feeling Good

I already know TIRO, as it's part of a mash-up with Bjork I have.

I love the jokieness of Face The Truth by Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks. It just feels like they're having fun playing arguably bad songs with lovely lyrics.

Usually, I don't like the gang, but seeing as I'm a Tinchy fan, I thought I'd give it a go.

The other songs by N-Dubz, especially Papa, are utter insults to music, though.

Doesn't ReZ love N-Dubz? I remember him saying something like that. ;)

I'm finally sitting down and giving Muse a proper listen. Obviously I've heard them before, but never by choice.

New Born

Hysteria

Muscle Museum

Map Of The Problematique

Stockholm Syndrome

Micro Cuts

Shrinking Universe

Time Is Running Out

Feeling Good

Only 3 songs from Origin Of Symmetry?:angry:

I would definitely recommend listening to all of Origin Of Symmetry.

In particular this song:

Edited by GothicPlague

New Born

Hysteria

Muscle Museum

Map Of The Problematique

Stockholm Syndrome

Micro Cuts

Shrinking Universe

Time Is Running Out

Feeling Good

Gothic beat me to it, but I was intending on posting: "Your missing Citizen Erased". I'd also recommend The Small Print, Plug In Baby and Assassin.

Only 3 songs from Origin Of Symmetry?:angry:

I would definitely recommend listening to all of Origin Of Symmetry.

In particular this song:

I love 9 minutes.

I need to get round to buying Muse albums. I like Muse in that they're like Tori Amos and PJ Harvey - they have such an extensive back catalogue of songs that you never know what you're going to get when you see them live.

I'll finish this playlist, then try some other suggestion you've mentioned. (Unless I HATE what I hear, but..I don't) :)

Once the Girls Aloud tour is over, Cheryl Cole will start work on her debut solo album, which is going to be released at some point in late 2009. Frankmusik just said he's going to be producing the album, and she'll be working with Soulpower too.

Girls Aloud signed another 3 album deal earlier in the year, so as said numerous times by the band over the past few weeks, they aren't splitting. I think it's a great idea tbh. They've never been more popular than they are now, so it's nice to see them having a break whilst they're still on a high point rather than pulling a Sugababes.

Ooo, speaking of Sugababes, they're working with GaGa's producer on a couple of tracks for their latest effort.