N-Europe

Star Trek (2008)

Cube

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the budget of already 130 million Dollar, Abrams now got another 20 million Dollars. Which is more than Star Trek Nemesis (40 Million) or any other Star Trek Film.

Someone seems to be really confident in Abrams and this movie. Hope it turn out to truly stand up to that.

Rumours said James McAvoy, but he himself denied it. (Actually...he's the only rumoured role who has actually denied it)

i thought it was going to be tom cruise that played james t kirk according to a couple of episodes of sfx i saw, i dont mind who does it though

A quick look at some of the posts in this thread convinced me that what I'm going to say now has already been said countless times before. Nonetheless, I just discovered this thread and the apparent fact that they're going to do a new star trek movie.

What the hell man? Casting new people as Kirk, Spock and McCoy sounds even more idiotic to me than doing a movie of the A-team with new actors. Both were great series (and, in the case of star trek, great movies), so just let it rest. Don't destroy it.

All that said, I'm probably still going to see it if they will actually go through with this *and* if it gets positive reviews. Nonetheless, at the moment, this really doesn't sound very good to me.

Yeah but it still wouldnt really work with one of them playing their proper character then one playing the parent.

Plus id rather they went along the same route as the books with Kirks parents dieing when he was young, even if they arent canon and the movie is a re-imagining so doesnt have to go by known continuity.

Gotta say, if I was Chris Pine, I would have gone with the George Clooney job. I honestly would. The cast list in general I find slightly bizarre. Also, almost everyone the production team seems to have been involved with Mission Impossible III. You know, that modern cinematic classic.