NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
-JC-

Wii Sales Surpass 5 Million Mark

To be fair, I reckon PS3 is finally starting to get its act together. What with Motorstorm and LBW and all:

LBW and Home didn't really have any kind of impact on other, non-gaming related forums where I visit daily. I was actually quite surprised about this. :blank:

Wario Ware

Twilight Princess

Red Steel

Virtual Console games

Excite Truck

Sonic

more...

One decent game eh?

Well ok I should have put "in my opinion". I want games that'll last more than a week but that's me.

How many times have I said to you "Get Excitetruck, joe?"

Millions! That's how many! :heh:

Piss you I don't have £30 to spend on a 6 hour experience :heh:

I'm also visiting daily on other forums where videogames aren't main topic. Interestingly enough, neither LBW or Home didn't have any kind of impact on these forums, even though videogames often gather long topics. There was few "that looks nice" posts, but nothing else. :blank:

That doesn't seem too odd really. I can see both becoming very popular, but possibly only for the more discerning gamer.

That doesn't seem too odd really. I can see both becoming very popular, but possibly only for the more discerning gamer.

Yeah, that is quite possible.

Well ok I should have put "in my opinion". I want games that'll last more than a week but that's me.

It's 20 quid these days, and it's pretty good fun, especially if you throw your own music on there.

It's 20 quid these days, and it's pretty good fun, especially if you throw your own music on there.

It's quite bad I don't even have that kind of money for a game :(

NextGenwars is just guessing (you can even ask this from the owner).

http://vgcharts.org/, in the other hand, is quite trustworthy, as they use Media-Create and NPD as their main source. My only problem with VGCharts is that they often add official estimations to sales numbers, and then adjust numbers again when confirmed numbers come out. For example, currently their Wii numbers probably have air because Wedbush Morgan estimated that Wii sold 300 000 units in February. This might be true, or perhaps it isn't. No matter what the truth is, I would wait for official numbers before changing number of sold units

Sorry, my bad. I frequently read other forums that trust it, I wasn't fully aware of it's stature in this forum. Still, extrapolating the current sales, it's still an easily believable figure. I'm more excited by the sales per month stats though. ~1.25 million units per month is absolutely staggering considering the average GameCube sales must have been around 200-300k. Obviously sales will drop off soon enough, but even with it's (at the time) record breaking sales, the GC didn't sustain such a rate for this long did it?

Nintendo must be very happy. If the Wii can keep this up it will dominate this generation, maybe Nintendo have captred people's imagination. Still, Sony have yet to launch in Europe.

Good signs, but Nintendo always does well at launch.

For comparison, Nintendo needed 17 months (counting from Japan launch) and two pricecuts to get the GameCube over the six million mark.

Excite Truck lasts more than 6 hours, no matter what the reviewers say.

Excite Truck lasts more than 6 hours, no matter what the reviewers say.

Word!

SuperExcite mode, getting S ranks especially seperates the men from the girls who play with ponies on Daddy's estate.

The concept of the Wii is great, and it will continue to sell as long as Nintendo (and 3rd parties) keep pumping games out for it. Give people a reason to want one, and they'll eventually cave in. People always cave in.

Its not just the number of sales, but the number of re-sales, and returns that count as well. I bet a decent amound of wiis have been returned because people dont like them, as with any game console.

Sign in to follow this