NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
scubahood

Problems whilst downloading torrents

Perhaps someone can help me i've been using bitcomet to download torrents but for some reason every now and then my router pretty much shuts everything down so no signal is sent to my computer and the computer its connected to doesn't get internet. I then have to restart the router and then it works again but after a while it does the same so I have to repeat the process. Anyone know why it may be doing this?

Perhaps someone can help me i've been using bitcomet to download torrents but for some reason every now and then my router pretty much shuts everything down so no signal is sent to my computer and the computer its connected to doesn't get internet. I then have to restart the router and then it works again but after a while it does the same so I have to repeat the process. Anyone know why it may be doing this?

There you go

Nope home network i'm not going to talk warez don't worry. Should I just use a different torrent client then?

I was just wondering. I'm getting some files via a torrent.

The file im getting is 72% done, i was wondering is there a way to get that transfer onto another computer?

I had the idea of moving the data thats already been saved onto the other computer, typing in the tracker manually into the downloader and hoping for the best.

Does anyone know any way to do it?

If I said anyhting against the rules then could you edit or do somethign so I at least get a reply :)

YEah you just go to the folder where you keep the dowload + tracker and copy them into the relevent folder on the new pc.

OP your router may be getting to many poeple trying to connect to it. standard routers can only handle between 100-300 concurrent connections try lower the amount of conections to just under the amoun of concurrent connections your router can handle.

Someone has a linksys router, from the sounds of it. All linksys routers based on Linux firmware instead of Vx works, have issues with P2P and bittorent that is inherent in the nature of Linux and the limited RAM of the router.

The fault is actually many connections associated with bittorent begin to pile up because of a long timeout cycle, and ip_conntrack-table to gets full and fills up the limited RAM in the router, usually crashing it.

Solution? If you are using linksys official firmware, none. If your hardware is compatible with custom firmware, you can use DD-WRT replacement firmware, among others, there is a fix in additional to many other favorable new features. With the new firmware , you can solve this by setting a much lower timeout on these connection which dumps them from the router memory.

Sign in to follow this