NEurope
Stocka

Baten Kaitos Official Thread

I have a shoddy job I do 8 hours a day then the rest of the time is mine so I have no problem with time. Also its not as if im doing anything to get half the cards as most of them are time based so all I have to do is leave the cube on.

I haven't got all cards either. I missed a boss picture early in the game so I couldn't be bothered to try and finish it because I missed that. I also missed the aura cards you get for saving all the soldiers in the castle.

Thats a thing i really hate in certain games when items/charcters/missions only appear once and then you cant get them. Me being me I like to get everything in a game first run through so I have to delve into guides/gamefaqs which sometimes spoils it for me. I would like to go through a few times without a guide but i own all 3 consoles and have trouble keeping up with all the releases so this is the best way for me.

I've just started playing this, I recently bought it new for around £13, thought it was a bargain coudln't help myself.

I've just started playing this, I recently bought it new for around £13, thought it was a bargain coudln't help myself.

:shock: You lucky sod! Where from? I really want this but as it's been out ages I just know as soon asy I buy it for 30 quid it'll be availble for twenty quid :hmm:

Well I just beat it today and I got every card in the game..yey. I thought the ending was way too long it just seemed to drag on.

Well I just beat it today and I got every card in the game..yey. I thought the ending was way too long it just seemed to drag on.

Congratulations :smile:

It feels like such a great achievement at the end and I was quite sad it was all over.

The FINAL boss though :heh: what was that about?!

Congratulations :smile:

It feels like such a great achievement at the end and I was quite sad it was all over.

The FINAL boss though :heh: what was that about?!

Yeah I know what you mean it just came out of no-where.

Yeah I know what you mean it just came out of no-where.

I thought it was quite a nice surprise though. They sure thought of everything n_n

just completed it there and it was amazing

the final boss was a joke how easy was he,i hoped at the end kalas would be in the

forest where you first meet him and you'd

see a figure saying 'kalas'

then he'd go "is that you (whatever you put name in as)" .Does the end screen

always stay there untill you switch it off

cant wait for the second one now ;)

Yeah the end screen stays there all the time. I agree the last boss was a joke I beat him in 2 turns lol.

Even the amount he took of,i wont even get started on that,I hate it when the end screen always stays there I hoped it would of been like ToS

I dunno when I first finished Tos I had to go out somewhere and I was hoping the ending would finish in time but it didn't so I had to do it all over again and I have never matched my 142 hit combo ever since. I should really get back to BK though. The last time I played I was in some book thing.

Ive not read this thread for fear of spoilers but Id just like you all to welcome me to the Baten Kaitos fold as Ive now got and began with the quest.

Ive not played much, just out of the first village... should I have found a way to give that girl milk or will I be back? And Ive beaten some beast in the forest and the girl, Xehla has joined me. Does anyone remember that fallen log or whatever? Should I have been able to burn my way through it yet or again, will I remember it and go back later?

My first impressions are good and it seems very fresh and I feel good about having started this new adventure. I just hope Im gonna have as much fun and be engaged as much as in Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia.

Does anyone remember that fallen log or whatever? Should I have been able to burn my way through it yet or again, will I remember it and go back later?

After a hour or two of were you are you get empty magnus which you can store stuff in, a flame is one of them. Then you go and use that.

Welcome to the Baten Kaitos crew darksnowman and Laguna :awesome:

Its a brilliant adventure and is definately overlooked, under-rated and under bought.

By the way, the battle system improves more and more as you move on.

played BK through from start to finished, enjoyed it heaps. but i really cant be stuffed going back and finding all the magnus cards. it would also be a struggle to play it through again...

I just adore the battle system, the freshest and best battle system, dare I say it, I've ever played. The thing which makes it great for me is that you have to constantly involved, your mind always has to be working, spoting combos, making sure elements don't combine badly. This makes you always having to be alert and on your guard. I then contrast a typical Final Fantasy or any other turn based RPG battle system and you always get a point in the game in which you are just truding through an area being met with random battles all the time (take the Mushroom Rockroad in Final Fantasy X for example) and everytime a battle would occur I'd be sitting there lazily pressing X to attack, after the battle I would just hold forward, probably while reading through some magazine and when i hear the battle music I'd just continue to thumb the X button.

Baten Kaitos always keeps me engaged because of it's fantastic battle system and two, it's simply wonderful sublime environments which are just a joy to watch.

Also, the voices really aren't as bad as people say they are. I think they are perfectly fine in general, give or take a few words in which the emphasis is slightly astrew

I just adore the battle system, the freshest and best battle system, dare I say it, I've ever played. The thing which makes it great for me is that you have to constantly involved, your mind always has to be working, spoting combos, making sure elements don't combine badly. This makes you always having to be alert and on your guard. I then contrast a typical Final Fantasy or any other turn based RPG battle system and you always get a point in the game in which you are just truding through an area being met with random battles all the time (take the Mushroom Rockroad in Final Fantasy X for example) and everytime a battle would occur I'd be sitting there lazily pressing X to attack, after the battle I would just hold forward, probably while reading through some magazine and when i hear the battle music I'd just continue to thumb the X button.

Baten Kaitos always keeps me engaged because of it's fantastic battle system and two, it's simply wonderful sublime environments which are just a joy to watch.

Also, the voices really aren't as bad as people say they are. I think they are perfectly fine in general, give or take a few words in which the emphasis is slightly astrew

I agree, the battle system not only is very strategic but fast paced too, you don't get that very often. As you progress through the game the battle system grows too, it improves all the time.

And yeah, the voice acting is fine in my opinion, I also think its brilliant in ToS, yet people still complain about the voice acting in both games.

One more question, when you take photos should you just go and sell em? Or is there any point in keeping em for like a Bestiary type thing or anything? Ive got the Lord of the Springs and the Rainbow Spider but I dunno if I should cash in or keep em...?

Ive only played a bit but Im loving it!

One other thing lol, the girl with the Bracelet wants a Bluebird, any tips on catching one? I went back and got her a dead one but thats not good enough, oh no.

And dare I say it? Ive been wrecking my brains but is this the best graphics Ive ever experienced on Gamecube and thus ever? It could just be.

You have to see Quezman, the guy who's dying in the village. The you present the Family Tree chart you got from from Quezman to her and then she says she'll only leave if you give her a bluebird, then you give it to her.

Also, I'm pretty sure that pictures are only intended to be sold becasue all the magnus you ever encounter is stored in like an encloypedia in one of the menu screens.

Still loving this game, just got the red haired guy in my party, Lyude?. Thought the kind of SRPGish element in thte knight battles was another cool idea.

And dare I say it? Ive been wrecking my brains but is this the best graphics Ive ever experienced on Gamecube and thus ever? It could just be.

They might not be the most powerful blah blah but they are definately some of the prettiest pre rendered graphics I have ever seen, along with Shenmue.

Im up to the Rainbow Continent and its proving to be a very very good game. Like all great RPGs its hard to finally say to yourself that this is the save point where you save and end playing for a while and then when your away your mind keeps wandering back to it and wondering whats to come next!

My Tvs been on the blink - a nine year old portable, I got it back the same Christmas as The Almighty Donkey Kong Country 3 (which coincidentally will be top of the list we all voted in and not the game everyone is resigned to seeing top league, right Stocka?) ...so anyway, I been playing the GameCube downstairs in the living room and what I was saying in regard to Baten Kaitos is that somehow the game doesnt seem so amazing to look at on a big widescreen. Strange, but true!

When I played it on my 28inch screen it looked magical. The colours and backgrounds used are just so eye catching. If I had to pick fault with the graphics it would have to be the characters. The models were fine but it was the design of them. Most of them look like Final Fantasy rejects but this is just a minor niggle.

i'm playing the game and got stuck... don't wanne read a walkthrough 'cause it would spoil it... but can any of you help?!

i killed the emperor and have been on a quest finding my friends again... i got them all exept gibari. i know he's at the wind shrine or something but i can't seem to get there... and i don't realy remember where it is... on the map i can choose between the castle, the lesser river, the fisherman village and the cloud walk or something... where is gibari?! please help!? thanx!