N-Europe

List of compatible SD cards

Saminthehat

I've been looking for a 2GB SD card but there's no knowing whether it works with the Wii or not and I'm definately not chipping out £60 for an official one. Basically just post what SD card you have (Brand, model, capacity) and whether it works or not. A link would also be helpful. I'll start off...

Play 1GB play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/912167/Play_com_1GB_SD_Card/Product.html

Wii doesn't support even stardard SD cards over 2gb? Thats harsh...

If they're above 2Gb, they're not standard right now. Check the wikipedia explaination of the system, wich is entirely 'switch' based, wich means it's limit is at 2Gb. After tha it's using two layers, and that's what the Wii isn't capable of reading.

I love the way SD cards are so cheap how £10-£20

I reckon in a year or two we may have games delivered on memory cards. That would open up all sorts of possibilities for games. Can only think of championship manage right now or karaoke.., actually thats a crap idea.

get the smallest one you can find

i have a 16 mb for wii saves and it works fine

i don't recomend a san disk because there ever so slightly thicker that the rest and hard to get out of the wii though they do work just fine

why bother then if you have internal memory to use. (unless transporting I guess_