NEurope
KKOB

Kill it, Cook it, Eat it.

This is an excellent example of 'he who talks louder talks ****'. The human body is not designed to eat meat. Animals designed to eat meat have sharp teeth and fangs.

Yes you're right. The human body isn't designed to eat exclusively meat but that's not what I said. Our gut, teeth and general metabolism is designed (or functions , if you like) to digest the things i suggested (please read them), just not vegetation. Your molars and premolars are designed to chew fruit and meat. Your canines are designed for tearing meat and fruit and your inscissors are designed for slicing them. And it looks like BlueStar agrees with me on that one.

Humans shouldn't be proud of killing animals. Animals are killed to provide meat, but that doesn't mean we should gloat about how we 'store' animals like crap and do the most to 'maximise taste and profits'.

That's not really what I meant to get at, sorry if I was being ambiguous. My point was that killing/preparing/eating animals is a very sophisticated set of skills that we have developed through our anthropoligical history. I think that we should proud of the our heritage. If a person goes hunting and kills/preps/cooks a brace of rabbits then I think they deserve to be proud of their ability to do that.

I don't condone battery farming but I have a great deal of respect for normal farming, which is also an incredible human skill. I have no problem feeding animals certain foods so that they taste better.

You missed the entire purpose of this program. People who just buy meat from the supermarket take it for granted, and don't even think twice about it. The purpose of the program is to get rid of the obnoxious elitist attitude that you have, and be educated on the matter. People may or may not change their minds after watching it.

I think you're confused at who my point was aimed at. It wasn't a comment about the program, actually I am more than happy that this program is on. As you said it will educate those who do not know. My points are aimed at those that do know (supposedly) and make what I can consider invalid reasons about killing animals.

What I found most interesting was the guy who hadn't eaten meat for 6 months, watched the slaughter of the lamb and resumed eating meat because he saw it was humane, clean and professional. Although a big meat fan turned down the lamb after watching it.

i watched this and i must say if that is typical of all slaughter houses then i am happy. one minute the animal is happy next is dead and skinned. i think the animals dont suffer at all. also if they were abused then the meat would be shit so healthier animals = better meat. i am happy with it.

I'm a bit bored so I came in this thread.... I'm dying for some lunch now after all this talk of food!

Any ideas when this programs on? At the right time I might watch it.

Also, I remember learning in school that if you eat lots and lots of meat then your teeth will become sharper.

I watched this program the other day and it is interesting seeing the whole process of getting meat from the living animal to the dinner plate. As long as the animal that gets killed is killed humainly and it didn't suffer, then i think it is ok for the BBC to keep showing it.

I remember watching a similar one off documentary about slaugher houses and how staff tease the animals before they slaughter them. It was quite horrific watching that.