NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

Your Top 3 Consoles Of All Time

So if the Wii goes the same way as DS you'd take back the things you say about it?

If it gets some great games i'll marry it.

SNES-Nintendo at its best, the SNES really was 'all about the games' and its library was filled with quality from day one.

Dreamcast- i was amazed at how a library could be so good with nary a Nintendo game. Home to some of the best sports, fighting and adventure games ever. Loved the VMU

Wii- As much as I absolutely despise the business end of Nintendo these days, the NES/SNES/Genesis/TG-16/Neo Geo/GC combination cant be ignored. I heard it plays Wii software too....

I like every console I own. Picking out 3 of them wouldn't be fair to the others.

I'm going to find this really, really hard, as I love so many games on quite a few consoles. Putting them in order is really hard too, imo.

I'm not going to include the Wii, as I feel it's unfair to mix nostaglic feelings with the feelings I'm getting now whilst playing the Wii. I'm enjoying it alot, but it's hard to compare to how I enjoyed it compared to the N64, for example. Can't compare the two right now.

I think this is an accurate order.

1. N64

It was a tossup between this or the Gamecube for first place. In the end, I think the N64 nicked it due to the Zelda games and the multiplayer madness of Perfect Dark and Mario Kart 64.

2. Gamecube

Great system. I prefered Mario sunshine to 64, and it was a great system for multiplayer games. Can't see for the life of me why people are disappointed with this console. Insane.

3. Sega Megadrive

Classic stuff that I enjoyed as a kid. Back in the day when movie-tie ins were awesome, or probably because we were so young we didnt know any better! hehe.

goldeeeeen aaaaaaxe!

I think it's a good point you make there, can you include the fact that consoles play other games on them? So could I say Wii because it plays all my GC games as well as my Wii ones?

I think it's a good point you make there, can you include the fact that consoles play other games on them? So could I say Wii because it plays all my GC games as well as my Wii ones?

God, then it really gets confusing. :D

I think it's probably best if you just choose the consoles and games as they were originally intended. You can play N64 or NES games on the Wii through the Virtual Console, for example, so it gets complicated then.

Choose a Wii for Wii games or a cube for GC games. That's the way I did it.

oh god this is a hard choice...

1. DS lite. It's given me so much fun, and games like Zelda: PH and Pokemon haven't even come out yet. I love it so much. It also introduced me to games like Phoenix Wright and Castlevania.

2. Sega mega drive - Streets of Rage 2, the Sonics, Toe jam and Earl 2, Super monaco grand prix...the list never ends! So damn good.

3. Gamecube - Resi and Smash. Nuff said.

Sign in to follow this