NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

Your Top 3 Consoles Of All Time

By Experience...

1:PS1-First gaming experience and lasted me a lifetime...Sensational

2:PS2-Countless games and I always got a few bargins in Gamestation

3:360-Met some amazing people over live...

1. Wii, I've just had lots and lots of fun with it. I play games for fun.

2. GameCube, the first console I had a relatively large selection of games for

3. SEGA Mega Drive, my first console. Loved sonic and Wiz n Liz.

1. Xbox 360, I really just can't stop playing this awesome machien which for some reason reminds me of the N64...

2. N64, Goldeneye, Goldeneye, Smash Bros. (My favourite of the two!), Banjo-K, Turok, Conker, Mario...Awesome controller which looked like I could impale someone with it!

3. Wii, The first time I played 4 player with my entire family having fun and not wanting to know what the controllers were again every 5 seconds!

I wasn't sure if handhelds counted but if so the DS would probably float around second or third!

1. Game Boy - although it's a handheld it was still the first main console that I got into gaming on as a kid, and the memories I have are unbeatable.

2. Dreamcast - Shenmue. 'nuff said.

3. Gamecube - My first proper home console and bought and loved many games on it.

My god your doing a lot on here today!

erm.

1) SNES - Some of the best games ever made that still hold up today.

2) GBC - Just couldn't leave mine alone, from Pokemon to Links Awakening DX.

3) 360 - Made online gaming truly great and very simple and easy to use, also some great epic games already and more to come.

1) Xbox 360 - Weird as it sounds, and you'll probably be expecting me to say this about the Wii but, this console really got me back into gaming. I was getting bored of them, but the whole 360 experience (Online play, chatting with people, achievements, a select few XBLA games, some truely quality games, and just going on my Xbox at 2am and just having a look at what others are doing) to me makes it totally worth it.

2) Dreamcast - Still love my little 'not quite as white as it used to be' box. The Shenmue games are still my favourite ever, and I've still got to complete Jet Set Radio and Grandia II, and I still want to pick up Rayman 2 for it. Although with each console release the controller just looks worse and worse. It's actually bigger than the slimline PS2...

3) Nintendo DS - Wasn't sure whether to put GC or Wii here but thanks to Hotel Dusk and a couple of others I had to pick this.

1 - N64. First console I owned, goldeneye, banjo kazooie, snowboard kids! Jet Force Gemini, I dont see why this isnt at the top of everyones list.

2 - 360. First non Nintendo console I owned and a great console I chose. Live is great and most singleplayer games are just as good.

3 - Wii. Love the new controller despite what most people say about it being a novelty. Some great games being made for it. Doubt it will topple 360 at second though.

1. N64 - The reason why I am playing games and why I will continue to play games for the rest of my life.

2. PS2 (with backwards compatibility) - Gave me Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid and Shadow of the Colossus, the PS2 has fantastic games for everyone and should not be overlooked.

3. Gamecube - Riding on my love for the N64 it produced many fantastic sequels to games I loved and also had, argugably, two of some of the greatest games ever; Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4.

1. N64. Goldeneye. PD. Mario 64. Mario kart 64. Zelda 64.. much much more!

2. 360. Marketplace. Xbox live. halo2. GOW.

3. Wii? VC! Wii sports. Have to wait an see how this console matures.

1. Wii - Got me back into console gaming after my 10 games on GC.

2. Nintendo DS - My first preordered console introduced me to online gaming and is probably my most played console ever (or is it?).

3. Game Boy Color. I recall owning about four games on this. Croc, Chicken Run, Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Gold. The two Pokemon games are my most played games ever, I must have racked up over 200 hours combined.

Since the Next Gens aren't over yet, I'm not including them, just isn't right.

So the top 3 would be like

1, Nintendo 64

2, PS2

3, SNES/PSX (Hard one to choose between)

Since the Next Gens aren't over yet, I'm not including them, just isn't right.

So the top 3 would be like

1, Nintendo 64

2, PS2

3, SNES/PSX (Hard one to choose between)

How is it not right? If you love the console surely it should be in the top 3?

There's no way I could judge a console that's only been out 4 months. No matter how fun it was, just wouldn't seem right to me.

Like I couldn't judge a season of 24 until it was finished.

Well, yeah, I wouldn't say Wii yet because I've ot seen enough of it, but Xbox 360 is the most fun I've with gaming, therefore I think I can judge it.

1) PS2. Deserves to be in every real gamers list. At least 80+ games worth owning, and in an ideal world i'd own them all. The best games, the most games. And in the end, it's all up to the games.

2) 360. Xbox Live put this in second for me. There's still a lot of time for it to slump off my list, but the future looks just as great as what has already come.

3) DS. Once again- A lot of great games. Although the touch screen is incredibly tacked on, and most great games don't make much/any use of it, there is a lot of quality stuff on this machine.

1) PS2. Deserves to be in every real gamers list. At least 80+ games worth owning, and in an ideal world i'd own them all. The best games, the most games. And in the end, it's all up to the games.

2) 360. Xbox Live put this in second for me. There's still a lot of time for it to slump off my list, but the future looks just as great as what has already come.

3) DS. Once again- A lot of great games. Although the touch screen is incredibly tacked on, and most great games don't make much/any use of it, there is a lot of quality stuff on this machine.

So if the Wii goes the same way as DS you'd take back the things you say about it?

SNES - A True gamers console. The golden age of 2D gaming, there were such unbelievable gems on SNES like there have never been on any other console.

Gamecube: I only had this and a PS2 last generation, but this console had a ton of brilliant games that I couldn't get anywhere else, it was lightwieght, portable and had the best controller. I have 40 games and plenty more that I couldn't actually afford.

Gameboy Advance/ DS: Seeing as you can play GBA games on DS you would think I would just put DS here, but some of the best times I got from my GBA was playing multiplayer games with friends. Some really really brilliant games, not to mention Golden Sun, which shits all over almost any Console RPG, even most of the Final Fantasy series.

PS2: This console really deserves a mention, it really is a Fighter fans and an RPG fans dream, plus some really great niche games like ICO were released for it. I have some issues with this though, it was underpowered, overpriced and broke down too fucking often.

1:super nintendo

Really there is no competition the 16bit era was the best

2:mega drive

3:ps1

1) N64 - My first proper gaming experience.

2) DS - Probably most played console (we can ahve handhelds right?)

3) SNES - Still so many good games i am yet to play.

N64, Goldeneye, Zelda, etc.

Dreamcast, First home console online, chu chu rocket etc made this a awsome console.

PS2, Loads and Laods of games.

N64 - First console, legendary games, great memories!

Gameboy - Just great having portable games and many great games at that!

Dreamcast - Couldn't believe how great the games looked when this came out as the first 'next-gen' console and many fantastic games!

Don't have a Wii or Xbox 360 yet!

N64 - Nothing beats 4 player Goldeneye on boxing day.

Xbox - Except maybe 4 player Halo on boxing day.

Game Boy - Or possibly managing to get Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle on boxing day.

N64

Xbox 360

Snes

Will edit in reasons later, hard to type with this keyboard cause the keys are in wrong place

Nintendo DS (Lite)

I consider myself as a hardcore gamer since I've been playing all my life and I've played hundreds of games. For DS, there are games that I love as a hardcore gamer, but there are also totally new, unique and fun games. Although DS doesn't have (yet) legandary titles like Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark and Majora's Mask in Nintendo 64, DS has so many great games that are just fun to play.

GameCube

Metroid Prime 1 & 2, The Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4, Double Dash, Star Fox Adventures, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 etc. GameCube "flopped", but so what? I've played so many so great games on GameCube that GameCube is my favorite (home) console of all time.

Nintendo 64

It had its problems but still it's one of the greatest consoles ever made. It was just that damn fun to play Perfect Dark with my friends.

3???!!!! Thats really hard to choose...mmmmm....ok here it goes (not including Wii):

N64: Never forget the first time i played Mario 64 and how the control stick (which was so simple) changed the way the game was played completely. It just felt so new and wonderful. Also Ocarina Of Time (yeah i know, so many people say it) but seriously no game has beaten the feeling i got with that yet and it will always stay with me.

DS: A SUPERB handheld, another innovative piece of hardware from ninty. So many good games and so many more still to come (hopefully).

Dreamcast. One word: Shenmue. Overall the console was WAY before it's time and is still hugely enjoyable to play now. I've just ordered Samba De Amigo and Seaman (which i have never played before) and love all the classics this has to offer.

Other mentions: Sega Megadrive, GC, Snes, 360. All great but the other 3 have bigger memories for me....It was hard not to choose Megadrive in the top 3, but Dreamcast beats it...

Sign in to follow this