NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mundi

Hideo Kojima dreams up a weird zombie online game

Title says it all. Games Radar reported that MGS creator wants to make an online zombie game.

Here´s a part of the story:

"The zombie idea I have is a bit different," Kojima told Edge magazine during an interview published in this month's issue, explaining that he's "less interested in the idea of the living dead than the fact you can turn people just by biting them". Perhaps a new idea for any third-party peripheral makers looking for the next big Wii gadget?

Kojima goes on to explore his idea, stressing that he'd like to offer a "truly online version" of the zombocalypse. "Imagine a large town where half the inhabitants are zombies. Users would subscribe, get inside the town and get bitten. At that stage they become undead and can't control their character - all they can do is modify the camera angles." So far, so very, very Kojima.

"They'd see their character attacking humans and have to pay just to watch!" Koj continues. "The only way they could end it is by opening another account, hunting themselves down and killing themselves. Of course, the problem is that your second character can get bitten as well."

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2007021517555203051&releaseId=20060314132311609002

Kojima you crazy man. The idea I think is awesome. but who will pay to watch themselves? It would get repetitive quick.

Oh no i became a zombie.

*sign out*

*create new character*

*bang bang*

Yeah I killed myself

Oh no i became a zombie again

*repeat*

Maybe its like a interactive cut scene/movie with lots going on on-screen. Think Half Life 1 & 2, you watch as the story unfold around you.

I think a lot of people are thinking it'll be like watching a zombie from Resident Evil 1 shuffle around. That'd just be mind-numbingly dull.

It sounds interesting at least.

Well this is just a rough idea. If it ever went any further it would become a bit more detailed and attractive.

I remember someone saying a couple of yeard ago they wanted to create an MMORPG where you had to survive against a horde of zombies.

That was more focused on surviving, humans sharing ammo or killing each other for it, barricading themselves up in abandoned houses or something.

This seems like it will be a bit more action orrientated.

If opening a new account costs money then this game will smell like money

LAME... But then again. This is Hideo Kojima. Could be ok/halv bad.

It could be a pile of shit and there'd be an army queing up to buy it.

The way they describe it sounds like a bad idea to me, they're emphasizing the getting bit and losing control, rather than the staying alive. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay to watch a computer controlled zombie shuffling around for too long.

Well this is just a rough idea. If it ever went any further it would become a bit more detailed and attractive.

I remember someone saying a couple of yeard ago they wanted to create an MMORPG where you had to survive against a horde of zombies.

That was more focused on surviving, humans sharing ammo or killing each other for it, barricading themselves up in abandoned houses or something.

This seems like it will be a bit more action orrientated.

That has the potential to be an amazing game, but you would need to get in a group of people you trust not to kill you to take your ammo. You could then go around raiding other groups to steal their ammo etc. :heh:

Sign in to follow this