NEurope
ReZourceman

Halo Miniatures Game

Looks like I'll be buying a few of these sometime if they're nicely detailed.

Also hoping we see some Gremlins in the Horrorclix, since they had a poll with Gremlins as an option for what people would like to see. Also Ghostbusters.

I'd collect more of the Pokémon trading figures if they weren't so damned expensive. I know they're Kaiyodo figures, but the collection is still ridiculously priced for something that would primarily appeal to children.

The Halo miniatures look nice. The name is "Halo ActionClix" sounds like they will be *Somewhat* compatible to the other Clix ala Horror>Hero.

halo_actionclix_warthog.jpg

"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WizKids Inc., creator of runaway hit games like HeroClix® and Pirates of the Spanish Main™, announced today its agreement with Bungie Studios and Microsoft to develop a new collectable miniatures game (CMG) called Halo® ActionClix™.

The Halo ActionClix CMG brings the incredible content of the Halo universe to the tabletop via the award-winning Clix miniatures game engine. Players familiar with HeroClix and HorrorClixâ„¢ will be able to jump right into the action and enjoy brand-new game mechanics, including weapon swaps, figure respawning and vehicle-based combat.

“Expanding the Halo universe into the Clix CMG world is a perfect fit for the franchise,†said Brian Jarrard, director of Franchise and Community Affairs at Bungie Studios. “WizKids’ commitment to quality and authentic detail ensures that these new Halo ActionClix figures will appeal to collectors and CMG players alike.â€

The first Halo ActionClix set will feature more than 80 unique miniature figures from the Halo universe, including preview content from Halo 3. A number of vehicle packs are also being produced, including a big surprise planned for San Diego Comic-Con this July. Figures will be sold in randomized Booster Packs. The vehicles and a Starter Game will be sold in a diorama display format.

“We are proud to be associated with a great brand like Halo ,†said Lax Chandra, WizKids® president. “We are always looking for ways to push the envelope with our games and content. The phenomenal Halo video game play and universe provided us with an excellent spring board for innovation in tabletop miniatures gaming. We are very excited about this release.â€

The Halo ActionClix CMG is expected to be released at retail in September 2007, with special Prerelease figures available at San Diego Comic-Con July 26 – 29, and at Gen Con Indy August 16 – 19. Retail sales inquiries should be directed to Dennis OBrien, WizKids Director of Sales, at (425) 460-4311 or via e-mail at [email protected].

About WizKids

A wholly owned subsidiary of the Topps Company (TOPP), WizKids is a Seattle-based game developer and publisher dedicated to creating tabletop games driven by imagination. Its HeroClix and Pirates brands are among the most successful games on the market today, and hundreds of millions of game pieces have been sold worldwide. For additional information, visit http://www.wizkidsgames.com.

"

I find the prospect "ActionClix" could be sweet....they could be doing many collectors/action sets maybe based on films and stuff. Looking forward to this.

UPDATE

Hunter Combat Pack

Product Information

*Product images and packaging information subject to change.*

Title: Halo Hunter Combat Pack

Stock Number: WZK1304

MSRP: $24.99

Expected Release: September 2007

Product Information:

Halo® ActionClix® brings the battle with the Covenant to a whole new arena and into players’ hands as they stand between the Covenant and the destruction of all humankind. The Hunter Combat Pack contains everything two people need to play Halo ActionClix. A must-have for Halo fans of all ages!

Contents

• 4 regular-sized figures

• 2 giant-sized figures

• 1 3-D object

• 6 character cards

• 20" x 30" double-sided color map

• Tokens and dice

• New Halo ActionClix rulebook

090MCRifle.jpg

020GruntPlasma.jpg

Looks like I'll be buying a few of these sometime if they're nicely detailed.

Also hoping we see some Gremlins in the Horrorclix, since they had a poll with Gremlins as an option for what people would like to see. Also Ghostbusters.

I'd collect more of the Pokémon trading figures if they weren't so damned expensive. I know they're Kaiyodo figures, but the collection is still ridiculously priced for something that would primarily appeal to children.

COME BACK MY LOVE!

COME BACK MY LOVE!

heh heh heh. You're clutching at straws by berieved friend.

I'm surprised Citadel hasn't made a game from them.

Huh? How come....The only licensed thing they've done is LOTR.

Wizards and WK have done more licensed properties tenfold.

I cant remember where this thread was and posted loads of stuff on the 360 thread. There is quite alot of stuff to pre-order on play.com. They come out on my birthday!!1

those halo action clix miniatures come out on my birthday play.com

EDIT: MORE!! they look cool play.com

and more...play.com

.... and more play.com

researching there were some pre-releases at comic con last month. http://www.haloactionclix.com/