NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Unreal Tournament 3!

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/758/758367p1.html

UT3: It's Real

Epic expands its love affair with Xbox 360. First footage and new details.

Punching home a message that Midway is coming to the next-generation with a full stable of goods, the Chicago-based publisher today announced that the game formerly known as Unreal Tournament 2007 is now Unreal Tournament 3. And it's coming to the PC, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360 in the second half of 2007.

Using the Unreal Engine 3 (what other engine would it really use?), Epic's seminal first-person shooter will douse gamers with gorgeous, life-like graphics, arm them with unbelievable futuristic and brutal weaponry, and hurl them into online deathmatches like never before.

The new game comprises a vast number of changes from increased aggressiveness and intelligence in the AI to better, more ridiculously powerful weapons to new characters, game modes, and online improvements. New weapons are highlighted by the long-range Shock Rifle and the shorter range Flack Cannon, and more than two dozen weapons will be ready to wield when UT3 is ready in the second half of 2007.

The new single-player campaign is deeper and more engaging than before, and players will be happy to know that old favorite characters have returned and are joined by several new ones. Epic plans to provide advanced online changes to suit all three platforms, bringing seamless loading, improved matchmaking and co-operative campaign online play. Yes, cooperative online play indeed. Familiar online modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag will be joined by an all-new Warfare mode among others. And PC gamers will be happy to get their sweaty mitts on the bundled Unreal Engine Toolset, enabling them to build their own levels, game types, rules, mods, and more.

We'll have more on Unreal Tournament 3 soon. In the meantime check the new screens and video.

Xbox 360 Image

unreal-tournament-2007-tba-20070125113304397-000.jpg

Trailer

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/746/746631/vids_1.html

WOOHOO Xbox 360 version!

UT2004 was one of my most played games of all time, was begining to think i'd have to shell out on a new PC to play it. UET support would have been nice, but if its saves me £500 then i'll pass

I wonder what will turn out better UT3 or Halo 3?

Woo! It's coming 360! it looks amazing, and with Xbox live, it looks like it will be an essential game. Always liked UT, even though i don't actually play it that much.

Looking forward to this, I love a good high speed run and gunner and Quake 4 and Prey turned out to be a bit disappointing online due to the Doom 3 engines crappy online performance.

YES!! A 360 VERSION!! :grin:

I was really hoping for this, as my PC is no where near good enough to run the game. I'm glad they replaced the "2007" in the title with "3" too, it sounds much better. Can't wait for this! :D

Unreal Tournament 2007 made sense, its being released this year in 2007.

UT3 makes NO sense.

Theres been FOUR UT games. Epic are idiots! Also, console versions of UT basically suck. Play it on the PC...

UT3 makes NO sense.

Theres been FOUR UT games. Epic are idiots! Also, console versions of UT basically suck. Play it on the PC...

I think what they're getting at is that this will be the third generation of UT, as 2003 and 2004 were essentially the same game with added bells and whistles. I love the series so I think it's time to start looking for a new PC, does anyone know what specs we're looking at for this?

UT3 makes NO sense.

I would if I could. However, a lot of us probably can't afford superhypermegaultra spec PCs to play it on. I'll stick with the 360 version methinks.

Though I do see your point about UT3 not making sense, being as it's the 4th in the series. But 2007 didn't make sense either, as the game is set in the far far future.

UT3 makes NO sense.

Agreed with the wierd name, but I always thought UT on the Dreamcast was actually really good, with the exception of the online mode that got cut at the last minute.

I'm just starting to get into FPS with Halo and Call of Duty 2 so I'm quite looking forward to this game.

That much bump map makes it Unreal!

Also, without a mouse this game is unplayable.

Sign in to follow this