NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

PS3 Difficult,Kojima Interested in Xbox 360 - MGS4 Possible on Xbox 360?

Gamepro online has now published their feature interview with the creator of Metal Gear Solid in FULL. There are two pages full of questions and answers but several particularly caught our eye. Kojima commented that the PS3 is difficult to work with, but he doesn't want to say too much as Playstation 'father' Kutaragi may get REALLY upset. He also revealed that he has a desire to create on the Xbox 360 as its selling so well and he's a fan of GoW. Interestingly Kojima FAILED to completely deny rumors that MGS4 is coming to the Xbox 360 by saying its for the 'PS3 only so far'.

source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=13769

"So far" ey?......If 360 got MGS4 then there'd be no games that interested me on PS3appart from Resistance :heh:

PS2 is was supposedly harder to work with too, hell it was said it was harder than the saturn from a Capcom producer. Games still come for it though. I think the God of War dude said it best.

It will be interesting to see how MGS4 ends up on the 360. Will it be a semi decent port like the last time with MGS2? Ran much better on the PS2 system. Only time will tell.

I would like for MGS4 to come to the 360. I was only considering a PS3 for MGS and FFXIII and a few more games in the future.

It will be interesting to see how MGS4 ends up on the 360. Will it be a semi decent port like the last time with MGS2? Ran much better on the PS2 system. Only time will tell.

A lot of people would be fine with that if it saves them spending £400+ for the ps3.........I know I would.

PS2 is was supposedly harder to work with too, hell it was said it was harder than the saturn from a Capcom producer. Games still come for it though. I think the God of War dude said it best.

You're such a fanboy ;)

Whats the point of buying a half assed port. Kojima and his team won't have anything to do with it.

Enjoy your 6 discs.

Whats the point of buying a half assed port. Kojima and his team won't have anything to do with it.

Enjoy your 6 discs.

How do you know that for sure ...?:zzz:

But when did MGS even become a system seller? Very few people know what MGS is in my school...

How do you know that for sure ...?:zzz:

Well let's analyse shall we:

To make a port of mgs4 to the 360, it would need a COMPLETE rebuild (Resi 4 Style)

Now as far as im aware Hideo Kojima wants to stop making MGS games, which is why he wants to end it at number 4. Then he wants to get on with some new projects. I hardly think he is going to be considerate to over zealous people and concentrate on a port.

He has never made a multiplatform game. He won't anytime soon.

To make a port of mgs4 to the 360, it would need a COMPLETE rebuild (Resi 4 Style)

Now as far as im aware Hideo Kojima wants to stop making MGS games, which is why he wants to end it at number 4. Then he wants to get on with some new projects. I hardly think he is going to be considerate to over zealous people and concentrate on a port.

touche ... BUT just cos he doesn't work on it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a bad port, and do you really think this'll be his last MGS? Come one, he says that but the fans won't let him, no way... they were even talking bout it on 1UP Yours and they all thought that this wouldn't be his last..

touche ... BUT just cos he doesn't work on it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a bad port, and do you really think this'll be his last MGS? Come one, he says that but the fans won't let him, no way... they were even talking bout it on 1UP Yours and they all thought that this wouldn't be his last..

No one believed him because there was no closure to the series. Do you think the Shenmue fans would be begging for Shenmue 3 had Shenmue 2 ended properly?

MGS4 is the last in the main saga, there is always a possibilty there will be more, like Acid/Ghost babel style in terms of setting and story, but i sincerely believe that the story will end at MGS4

You were talking about MGS GAMES, not the saga, ok if they end the SAGA thats ok, but stop making ANY MGS games is a bit far away..

You said "Now as far as im aware Hideo Kojima wants to stop making MGS games, which is why he wants to end it at number 4"

You were talking about MGS GAMES, not the saga, ok if they end the SAGA thats ok, but stop making ANY MGS games is a bit far away..

You said "Now as far as im aware Hideo Kojima wants to stop making MGS games, which is why he wants to end it at number 4"

Well i mean the only MGS games that arent part of the saga are Acid and Ghost babel.

In his words, he said if the fans demand it, he will make one.

Just jumping into this one from a programmers perspective:

Not exactly, the vast majority of the game code, including most of the game engine, AI code and event handling could be kept the only major changes would be in the I/O side, namely the conversion of the graphic rendering to direct x (relatively simple these days), tuning of the shaders against the different graphics hardware, sound output and controller input and tuning. This might sound a lot but Konami know what they're doing so will probably have pre written libraries for this stuff already. The main point here is that possibly 95% of the code in MSG4 (or any other game) is engine and game logic which is almost entirely Console independant making ports much simpler.

Konami own the rights to the software and so could assign anyone to perform a straight no-frills port without anyones approval. Given the current sales figures it would be a wise business decision to release MGS4 on 360 if possible as it could perform just as well as GoW and sell millions in a short space of time.

And finally, on the 6 disc thing, I hope that most of the cut scenes are in-engine and therefore the game should easily fit on a single disk.

Sign in to follow this