N-Europe

Anyone else have trouble making conversation with workmates?

Pancake

I get on with the people on my department at work, chat about random bollox, customers, shoplifters e.t.c. Unfortunately my best mate there is on another department. You're also not allowed to talk to people anywhere else in the store, unless it's about work, so because there's not many people working on my department (1-2 at a time) it's pretty much forced isolation. This is very difficult during lunch times when the few people I know aren't working. However I can't say i'm too bothered. I don't need to know or talk to the people who work there I have my gf and other mates for that.

i used to be a quiet in work but all it takes is some confidence. (bullying knocks confidence)

On monday just ask a mate there "what you get upto on weekend mate" listen to what they say and seem interested..if they mention pub ask what pub they went to and if was a good night etc.

If they stayed in ask them if they were staying in with the mrs was it.

Its just staying interested really in what they say.

Another is they say the word "drove" if they say they drove somewhere or went to town ask if they drive and what they drive...cars chats can be good.

when i worked at hasbros i chatted to a bunch of peeps there...at dinner we played cards and have a laugh :)...miss those guys/gals

I find that if I've been studying a lot recently then I go out, I don't have all that much to say because I've been working.

Why don't you try and do different things. The more you do and the more you talk, the more you have to talk about (whether it's what people said to you or what you did).

The easy way to go is to talk about work. When I first started at my job I only spoke to people when I had to say something about whatever I was doing, but now I'll chat with everyone. You could try asking if they had a good weekend instead of what they did if you haven't got much to say about what you did. It is obviously just to make conversation but that's not a bad thing.