NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Death

Me and a friend were talking about death.

Personally I don't see the point in being afraid of death. I especially don't see why people are afraid of there being nothing after death. if there is nothing then you can no longer feel pain or sorrow. Sure you won't ever feel pleasure or happiness but you won't know that you won't feel that.

I think that this life might be some sort of illusion, and we will only enter the "real world" when you die.

Personally I (at the risk of sounding morbid) woudl quite like to die. I'd like to see what there is.

Aren't people so upbeat these days?

Well, death is pretty much inevitable (sp?) but you know, gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

Just watched Love and Death woody allen film as you can imagine its full of stuff on death. And its a great film!

I dont think that there is nothing after death. I can't believe that you just stop existing.

I don't look forward to dieing (sp?) but I don't fear it either. I would be pissed off if I died tomorrow though, as I've so much I want to do in my life.

Death is an inevitability, be it sooner or later.

I have absolutely no fear of dying, Life is precious and can be taken away at any moment - so I might as well enjoy it as much as possible. I've lost enough people in my life to understand the pain it causes, I'm more concerned how my family would handle my death than me actually dying.

I'm pretty sure that there's nothing after life, which is why I don't want to end up with a boring job and a miserable life. That must sound really naive to most of you though... I just don't wanna waste my time.

Well, death is pretty much inevitable (sp?) but you know, gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

Death is an inevitability, be it sooner or later.

But is it an inevitability? Or is it just that we don't know how to stop it?

But is it an inevitability? Or is it just that we don't know how to stop it?

Well if we dont know how to stop it surely its an inevitability?

I know there's nothing after death, so I intend to enjoy myself now and do something pleasurable for a living if at all possible. Simple enough really :)

I think he's getting at the fact that one day we might know how to stop it.

Yes, and this is how we make the most out of it. Spending our spare time on a geeky Nintendo forum! Awwwww group hug......

I meant that we don't know how to stop it yet.

Perhaps there is somebody that knows how to stop death but they don't want to share the secret.

Even if we was able to stop death, that would mean our skin would be REALLY REALLY saggy by the time we are 323. And the Earth would become packed full of humans trying to rustle there way through a desert/plain.

Get my point?

I meant that we don't know how to stop it yet.

Perhaps there is somebody that knows how to stop death but they don't want to share the secret.

If they did, I don't think they'd keep it a secret. They'd be very very rich to say the least.

Life's end... Isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic. When life ends, it gives off a final lingering aroma. Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die.

This world is one of sadness. Battle brings death. Death brings sorrow. The living... may not hear them. Their voices... may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake... the dead... are not silent. Now you will know the sorrow of those whose lives you have ended.

Life's end... Isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic. When life ends, it gives off a final lingering aroma. Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die.

This world is one of sadness. Battle brings death. Death brings sorrow. The living... may not hear them. Their voices... may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake... the dead... are not silent. Now you will know the sorrow of those whose lives you have ended.

Was that from MGS3?

Even if we was able to stop death, that would mean our skin would be REALLY REALLY saggy by the time we are 323. And the Earth would become packed full of humans trying to rustle there way through a desert/plain.

Get my point?

So we shouldn't find a way to stop death as we would all have saggy skin?

But yeah people would have to stop reproducing or the planet wouldn't be able to take it.

So we shouldn't find a way to stop death as we would all have saggy skin?

But yeah people would have to stop reproducing or the planet wouldn't be able to take it.

Nawww, come to think of it Nivia or some other skin company would be able to make you look " a 1000 years younger!"

Was that from MGS3?

Probably if it's from Dabookerman

If they did, I don't think they'd keep it a secret. They'd be very very rich to say the least.

But maybe they have other reasons for keeping it a secret. Maybe a spiritual reason.

If there's nothing after death, what was the point in being alive in the first place? That's the kind of question I like to cling to when the thought of non-existence starts to drive me a lil' bit loopy. I'm amazed at the number of people who say they don't fear death, despite lacking in faith. Perhaps they simply haven't thought about the future they'll never see, the end of thought, the lack of choice, the uncertainty of going nowhere - or perhaps they're just putting on a brave facade and trying to sound cool.

Death scares me quite a lot, I'm not ashamed. I smoked my first cigarette thinking about death, ironic eh? I'd love to have faith in a religion, simply because ignorance is bliss. Unfortunately someone as agnostic as myself will have difficulty forcing a belief. I'm hoping three things in my life:

1. I will live a good life, enjoy it and not hold too many regrets.

2. Something might possibly make me believe in God, some kind of miracle, even a small one.

3. That when I die, I'll be old, and possibly senile, and be able to say "ah well, it's my time."

If there's nothing after death, what was the point in being alive in the first place? That's the kind of question I like to cling to when the thought of non-existence starts to drive me a lil' bit loopy. I'm amazed at the number of people who say they don't fear death, despite lacking in faith. Perhaps they simply haven't thought about the future they'll never see, the end of thought, the lack of choice, the uncertainty of going nowhere - or perhaps they're just putting on a brave facade and trying to sound cool.

Death scares me quite a lot, I'm not ashamed. I smoked my first cigarette thinking about death, ironic eh? I'd love to have faith in a religion, simply because ignorance is bliss. Unfortunately someone as agnostic as myself will have difficulty forcing a belief. I'm hoping three things in my life:

2. Something might possibly make me believe in God, some kind of miracle, even a small one.

3. That when I die, I'll be old, and possibly senile, and be able to say "ah well, it's my time."

You speak true words. I am afraid of death, and when I think of it, it kinda brings me down about life. But then I think of my life ahead of me.

I really do hope something else is awaiting us, because its kinda.....stupid if nothing does happen.

Have you ever thought there are people controlling us? From another world? Bit like this sims :P

Just because I say that I don't fear death it doesn't mean that I don't want to lead a long full life. It especially doesn't mean that I'm going to go waste my life and/or kill myself. I certainly don't do it to sound cool. I don't do anything to sound cool, I be myself without harming anybody else.

Also who says that there is a point to life?

Also if there was the end of thought then we would be unable to miss the life we could have had.

I'm more afraid of being senile, alone and sick than of death, but then again, everything just ends it's pretty weird to immagine it.

Just because I say that I don't fear death it doesn't mean that I don't want to lead a long full life.
Oh I wasn't saying that you don't - they were seperate points :)
Also who says that there is a point to life?
Well... this is the way I've always looked at it. If you consider science as the logic behind our existence, then you're still always left with "why". Not just "why do we exist" but... why do we have personalities? Why do we love music, why does sex feel good? Why does comedy make us laugh, why do tragedies make us cry? Why do bees have flowers to pollenate? They're two seperate species, yet they've evolved to depend on each other as though there was some sort of consciousness linking the two. "Why" is an important question to me, it makes me feel better :)

Sign in to follow this