NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

The worst game endings

Not really even ahead of it's time. I pretty much understood it fully.

Like i said, few people understood it. The game does have a deep ending.

Infact.

If people hated MGS2 ending, they should in theory hate Killer 7s ending. They should hate every sci fi anime in existance. They should hate the matrix. They should hate everything that goes beyond Saving the princess and living happily ever after.

Infact.

If people hated MGS2 ending, they should in theory hate Killer 7s ending. They should hate every sci fi anime in existance. They should hate the matrix. They should hate everything that goes beyond Saving the princess and living happily ever after.

Which according to that list, they hate too.

Infact.

Killer 7's ending was utter shit. The whole story just stank of a guy who couldn't tell a story. Whatever he thought was going on certainly didn't come over well in the game.

I couldn't understand a thing that was going on in Killer 7 either.. including the ending..

But I loved it :hehe:

Killer 7's ending was utter shit. The whole story just stank of a guy who couldn't tell a story. Whatever he thought was going on certainly didn't come over well in the game.

There was a story, you just didnt understand it.

Red Steel for me...it just ended.....you could have missed the ending if you wernt paying attention.

Infact.

wow it's like you read my mind.

Red Steel for me...it just ended.....you could have missed the ending if you wernt paying attention.

Did you successfully break the guys sword in the end? If not, you would've gotten the sad ending.

Hmm, I understand it's sort of within the realms of what you expect of a game at the time, but anythign where there actually WAS an ending was better than a lot of games in the 80s where you just got the "Game Over" screen or started from the beginning again.

I remember at the end of the turtles arcade game you got a picture of shredder being vanquished and I thought it was a good ending at the time!

Killer7s ending was awesome.

MGS2's ending was alright, but the whole game was a bit stupid. Nothing on 1 or 3.

Killer7s ending was awesome.

MGS2's ending was alright, but the whole game was a bit stupid. Nothing on 1 or 3.

Why was it a bit stupid?

Why was it a bit stupid?

Without going into too much detail, it kind of just felt that the writers sat down and tried to come up with a complicated plot with lots of twists, instead of a solid story on it own. Whereas 1 and 3 felt more like Fight Club, a great plot with a twist central to the story, 2 felt more like that movie Basic, where it felt like they came up with a really complicated twist and built around it. It just felt sloppy.

Wizards and Warriors 3 (nes)

After spending weeks and weeks of playing a pretty huge adventure game you CAN NOT SAVE, nor is there ANY SORT OF PASSWORD SYSTEM, you basicly start over from start each time you die, you finally find the correct route to do all that is needed and find out you can reach the final boss in about 1h30m.

After having to do that again a couple of times because you die at the final boss, who is stupidly hard because of the clumpsy control you have over your character, you finally beat him ..... and get the most pointless, incomprehensible ending ever.

SPOILER (yes, I know it's 20 years old but I might come out on vc again, not that you should buy it)

Basicly, in a game where you have been controlling a knight, playing in a knightlike fantasy world, with guilds, wizards, more knights, ect, collecting spells and swords and what noth, having a final battle against a dragon and a evil wizard, YOU GET SUCKED INTO A TIME WARPING PORTAL, IN ONE OF THE WORST EYE-DAMAGING, SICKENING ANIMATION EVER PRODUCED ON THE NES.

After that you get like 3 pages of text congratulating you and that's it. I sat there like 5 minutes before I realized what I had just spend weeks on to see.

*edit*: ohh, actually found prove, see for yourself, and remember that coloring vortex changed color rapidly and almost hypnotic ... sickening, that is.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/nes/b/ww3.htm

Please, explain all! I did understand some of it, just many bits did not fit. But since your mighty mind understood it all perfectly, I'd love for you to explain it to me oh high one of great knowledge! We lowly gamers who do not understand the piss poor story telling of insane game designers need your help!

I think a lot of people confuse suggestive and weird with deep. Some people like to feel clever, so they take what they don't understand and cling to it as something deep, and other people aren't big on feeling clever, so they take what they don't understand and say it's shite.

It's evident when you watch all the Matrix(es?) that nobody making the films had a fucking clue where they were going with it, they just threw a bunch of vague insinuations in the air and the fans ran with them until the bitter finality that was Revolutions.. where really nothing was answered.

That doesn't make it bad though, neccessarily. If something provokes thought, and makes you think in new exciting directions - be it within any medium - it's sort of successful. I think as long as something convinces you that it has meaning, it ultimately means something to you.

Nobody will come along and claim that either Suda or Kojima are any of the great thinkers of our time, but they engage people in the process regardless. Translations and differing cultures are huge obstacles, and it's naive to think we even get a fraction of what they intended to tell, let alone have the insight (in particular in Killer 7's case) and knowledge to accurately analyze the messages. But despite all that these games hold real value to some people, and I think it's poitless to argue against them when the games have clearly achieved the intended effect; People are thinking.

You can't say that about a lot of games.

Final Fantasy IX. Loved the game but the ending was craptastic.

My god, how can you say that. It made me (almost) cry. It's a wonderful ending, wraps everything up and the music is brilliant.

Without going into too much detail, it kind of just felt that the writers sat down and tried to come up with a complicated plot with lots of twists, instead of a solid story on it own. Whereas 1 and 3 felt more like Fight Club, a great plot with a twist central to the story, 2 felt more like that movie Basic, where it felt like they came up with a really complicated twist and built around it. It just felt sloppy.

Allow me to explain

Please, explain all! I did understand some of it, just many bits did not fit. But since your mighty mind understood it all perfectly, I'd love for you to explain it to me oh high one of great knowledge! We lowly gamers who do not understand the piss poor story telling of insane game designers need your help!

Some people are quite literally begging for an explanation.

Metal Gear Solid 2. Ok i hope we understand that the tanker being sunk was just set up so arsenal gear could be built right? Arsenal Gear was built to house mass produced RAYs and ofcourse 2 powerful AI computers: GW and JFK. These two computers were built to control the worlds internet so to speak, and basically police what kind of information is put on.

So yeah, i will cut to the chase, the ending.

Ofcourse we find out that Raiden was being played all along, he was in the Solid Snake Simulation, ofcourse, Solid, Liquid and Solidus, were clones of Big Boss, the point of Raiden was to create their own Solid Snake without having to clone, but by giving a set of scenarios that were similar to that in Shadow Moses, they would hope to create another Super Soldier.

Ofcourse Raiden was raised by Solidus we find out, and thus leaves a bond similar to that of Big Boss and Solid Snake.

A lot of what was going on in the ending, with the codecs messing up and ofcourse the awesome "Fission Mailed", was pretty much to allow the player experiencing these so called malfunctions of GW. Emma uploaded a virus to GW to basically make it fuck up. Ofcourse the AI who are talking to Raiden before the final battle with Solidus, is with JFK, it could even be the Patriots themseleves, this is still a mystery.

It would just be easier if you guys told me what bit boggles your mind, and i will easily explain it.

I think a lot of people confuse suggestive and weird with deep. Some people like to feel clever, so they take what they don't understand and cling to it as something deep, and other people aren't big on feeling clever, so they take what they don't understand and say it's shite.

It's evident when you watch all the Matrix(es?) that nobody making the films had a fucking clue where they were going with it, they just threw a bunch of vague insinuations in the air and the fans ran with them until the bitter finality that was Revolutions.. where really nothing was answered.

Something along the way of Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, something went horribly wrong during production, ended up being a mess really. Im sure the films never intended to turn out that way.

Allow me to explain

Some people are quite literally begging for an explanation.

Metal Gear Solid 2. Ok i hope we understand that the tanker being sunk was just set up so arsenal gear could be built right? Arsenal Gear was built to house mass produced RAYs and ofcourse 2 powerful AI computers: GW and JFK. These two computers were built to control the worlds internet so to speak, and basically police what kind of information is put on.

So yeah, i will cut to the chase, the ending.

Ofcourse we find out that Raiden was being played all along, he was in the Solid Snake Simulation, ofcourse, Solid, Liquid and Solidus, were clones of Big Boss, the point of Raiden was to create their own Solid Snake without having to clone, but by giving a set of scenarios that were similar to that in Shadow Moses, they would hope to create another Super Soldier.

Ofcourse Raiden was raised by Solidus we find out, and thus leaves a bond similar to that of Big Boss and Solid Snake.

A lot of what was going on in the ending, with the codecs messing up and ofcourse the awesome "Fission Mailed", was pretty much to allow the player experiencing these so called malfunctions of GW. Emma uploaded a virus to GW to basically make it fuck up. Ofcourse the AI who are talking to Raiden before the final battle with Solidus, is with JFK, it could even be the Patriots themseleves, this is still a mystery.

It would just be easier if you guys told me what bit boggles your mind, and i will easily explain it.

Something along the way of Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, something went horribly wrong during production, ended up being a mess really. Im sure the films never intended to turn out that way.

lol, sorry your Royal Highness of gaming knowledge, but I was refering to Killer 7, I understood MGS. I'm not a lowly court jester like others!

Please if you could be so gracious, explain Killer 7 to me, all of it.

Dabookerman, seriously dude, I know you have a hard on for the series, but you don't have to talk down to me. I even said I understood it, I just thought it was stupid. Accept it.

And Zechs, there would be no point in explaining Killer7 to you. Part of the game is coming up with your own interpretation, so people take different things away from it. Everyone is supposed to take their own things away from the game.

What good is a story that most people don't understand?

All 3 MGS games are fantastic.

MGS3 is better then MGS2, because it has a more emotion driven story, and at the same time an evolution in gameplay and presentation.

Some stories require some people to think. Some people don't like thinking.

I guess some people just wasn't ready for such a complex and deep story.

But hey, as Reggie once said, "Not my problem"

reggie_shrug.jpg

Thank goodness, someone with a little commonsense! I think it's a bit like the king's new clothes. A lot of people think that they're some sort of intellectual if they claim to understand crap endings and crap storylines that make no sense - when in fact no one understands them.

Sign in to follow this