N-Europe

Mac Thread

Charlie

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bother with .Mac just yet.

You can sign up for a 60 day free trial when you get your Mac. Buy it after that if you find you actually use it.

I can get it for either £20 off, or for £20, probs the former tbh but hey ho. I'll want it for the photocasting thing with my mom, when she gets her mac mini, full iWeb stuff, being able to back up lil things like bookmarks and uni work. i'm aware of the trial, but lets see how the guy tries to sell it to me tomorrow, and how much money i have.

I can get it for either £20 off, or for £20, probs the former tbh but hey ho. I'll want it for the photocasting thing with my mom, when she gets her mac mini, full iWeb stuff, being able to back up lil things like bookmarks and uni work. i'm aware of the trial, but lets see how the guy tries to sell it to me tomorrow, and how much money i have.

wohoo, you'll get it, then it take u half a day or year *cough* to install WoW lol :wink:

wohoo, you'll get it, then it take u half a day or year *cough* to install WoW lol :wink:

I'll be back in Azzaroth by Wednesday, i do have to buy one of them trial DVDs so i can avoid the Blizzard downloader for it cos i lost CD 5 of wow apparently. Can't wait to see how smooth and pretty it'll look on the MacBook Pro :D

I wish it was delayed till next year, go nice with my new mac laptop :p

Shipping with new macs will probably be next year, so consider yourself lucky they didn't delay it to next year - since it'll be shipping with every mac about three months later. Or has that policy changed?

Tiger shipped with Macs as soon as it launch. I think people who bought a Mac in the month running up to launch also got it for free or very cheaply.

I got my Mac in May 05, a month or so after Tiger launch, it came with 10.3 (Panther?) on it and the install disks for Tiger in the box.

Tiger shipped with Macs as soon as it launch. I think people who bought a Mac in the month running up to launch also got it for free or very cheaply.

I got my Mac in May 05, a month or so after Tiger launch, it came with 10.3 (Panther?) on it and the install disks for Tiger in the box.

And I got my iBook at the end of April 2005, just after Tiger came out. They deducted the price of the postage and media for Tiger (£12 iirc) from the total cost and I filled in some form to get Tiger for free!

Since then I've bought a Macbook though, to take full advantage of Leopard... when it eventually comes out!

And I got my iBook at the end of April 2005, just after Tiger came out. They deducted the price of the postage and media for Tiger (£12 iirc) from the total cost and I filled in some form to get Tiger for free!

Since then I've bought a Macbook though, to take full advantage of Leopard... when it eventually comes out!

So those product update slips that come in the package are actually granted by Apple? I doubt they'll send me a copy of Leopard, though. I've got my maac almost two years now and it came with those paper-things that you can send off to Apple to get updates of the software. I'de love to give it a go, but I'm going to save for a iMac or MacBook Pro for next year anyway.

Got my MacBook Pro, which is what i'm typing on atm. I'm really impressed with it, its just so simple, and elegant, and fucking sexy!!!!

I'm in love with that widget that gives you all the info about your mac, its so cool. Only problem i'm having is getting my APP setup, it goes to an error screen after i enter in my password . . . might have to register it on the macs in the Apple store tomorrow if it doesnt work by then.

My Apple ID is [email protected], feel free to ass me to iChat people. My buddy list is kinda lonely hehe

feel free to ass me to iChat people. My buddy list is kinda lonely hehe

Sorry, I couldn't let that slip! :wink:

Welcome to all things macness! You'll now be able to use your computer as you want to, instead of fighting it to do things you need it to. Like run virus scanners. *shudder*

Got my MacBook Pro, which is what i'm typing on atm. I'm really impressed with it, its just so simple, and elegant, and fucking sexy!!!!

I'm in love with that widget that gives you all the info about your mac, its so cool. Only problem i'm having is getting my APP setup, it goes to an error screen after i enter in my password . . . might have to register it on the macs in the Apple store tomorrow if it doesnt work by then.

My Apple ID is [email protected], feel free to ass me to iChat people. My buddy list is kinda lonely hehe

gratz dude!

I'm installing Vista on my comp, i know i should have got a mac :P

gratz dude!

I'm installing Vista on my comp, i know i should have got a mac :P

yes yous should, but your a PC whore, and i think the pricing of the MIND BLOWING Mac Pro is too mcuh for your brain to handle :P lol

sorry about the ass/add typo . . . the letters are right next to each other . . . honest!!!

and yes, thats the biggest difference, it does what i want, not what it has to do to do what i want it to in a round about annoying way.

This is the first computer that can actually keep up with what i want it to do!!!

Thank you Apple!!!

Also, did i mention how stupidly sexy the macbook pro is?! really, its sooooo sexy its stupid!!!

Is it that with the mighty mouse you cant both right and left click at the same time ie. holding both mouse buttons down?

also, does anyone have any nice widesreen desktop backgrounds?

yes yous should, but your a PC whore, and i think the pricing of the MIND BLOWING Mac Pro is too mcuh for your brain to handle :P lol

sorry about the ass/add typo . . . the letters are right next to each other . . . honest!!!

and yes, thats the biggest difference, it does what i want, not what it has to do to do what i want it to in a round about annoying way.

This is the first computer that can actually keep up with what i want it to do!!!

Thank you Apple!!!

Also, did i mention how stupidly sexy the macbook pro is?! really, its sooooo sexy its stupid!!!

Is it that with the mighty mouse you cant both right and left click at the same time ie. holding both mouse buttons down?

also, does anyone have any nice widesreen desktop backgrounds?

If you click on both sides at the same time, it counts as a left-click. The right click only works if there's nof finger on the left side of the mouse (as least, that's what the first generation Mighty Mouses is like). No widescreen wallpapers, though I advise you to keep your standard Apple one for a month or so in order to abandon it for a year, put it back on there when they announce the new line of MacBook and think that you just bought a new one, because that wallpaper makes you lappy seem so shiny and new.

bought the wireless keyboard and mighty mouse today, as well as the Griffin elevator stand, so far for 10 mins of use i love it, not so keen on the scroll ball in the mouse but i love everything else, the keyboard is uber nice to use and the pairing was really easy.

I'm blaming caris for making me spend £120 ish on it all, but so far its worth it. :yay:

bought the wireless keyboard and mighty mouse today, as well as the Griffin elevator stand, so far for 10 mins of use i love it, not so keen on the scroll ball in the mouse but i love everything else, the keyboard is uber nice to use and the pairing was really easy.

I'm blaming caris for making me spend £120 ish on it all, but so far its worth it. :yay:

There is really no need for a wireless keyboard for a laptop, nor a stand for it. Sorry - you're spending money like you just don't care.

Here's a question: do regular macbooks (not the pros) do synchronised display if you connect another screen, or can you work on both screens? I work on a cracked iBook with a screeen thats 1500x1024, and that's great - but do macbooks have this function from the word go or don't they and can you only work synchronicly with it?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!