Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mac Thread

Charlie

Yeah I see what you mean. My point was really based around choice of how much you want to spend, if you wanted to spend the least amount of money on a wii you can just get a console and be gaming with that for about 170 quid. For a 360 you can buy a Core unit with no hard drive and a memory card and be gaming with that for about 200 quid. With the PS3, you have no choice but to buy the PS3 in the only way you can for 400 quid.

Vaguely similar to the PC/Mac thing with your options for a cheap PC being greater than that of a Mac and with a significant price difference.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but on the Wii you have to buy a offical Lan adaptor, a Official power pack, rummors of a official Hard Drive etc.

not true

just because they make official stuff dosent mean we need to use it

i think however this should be discussed on the wii board (not here)

I'm depressed, the brand new 15" is only £50 more than what I payed for my MacBook last July, yet so much more powerful.

I've already learnt not to look back when it comes to technology, especially apple stuff. Just gotta keep on chugging i suppose unless you have oodles of money hiding in a cupboard?

I'm depressed, the brand new 15" is only £50 more than what I payed for my MacBook last July, yet so much more powerful.

Half a year after I purchased my spanking new iBook, Apple released the iBook. Now I need to switch simply because of the new processors and applications that won't work in a year or two from now. So who's complaining?

On one of the Peep Show commentary tracks David and Rob riff on how the proportion of Macs on telly is inversely proportional to the Mac market share, i.e. 95% of computers on telly are Macs but 95% of computers IRL are PCs with the Windows OS. That's why Mark has a PC on the show.

They also use Macs on the West Wing, by the by.

Also, has anyone seen Pirates of Silicon Valley? It's a made-for-TV movie about the rise of/competition between Apple and Microsoft/Jobs and Gates. It's narrated by (actors playing) Woz and Ballmer. The writer or director, can't remember which, claims to have at least two sources for each scene.

Steve comes off pretty bad. He's obviously incredibly driven. I sympathise with him though. He has a big ego and he doesn't treat people all that great but I think you have to if you're going to do Big Things, for good or ill. It's like Hunter Thompson. He had a huge ego, but it was part of the job description. You have to have that confidence.

Did everyone else have to search Hunter Thompson from Mr. Smarty-Pants there? :heh:

i have this odd feeling that apple's factories are at least enviromentaly friendly

with Al Goor being a ceo

Thats not what Greepnpeace said. Okay, Apple sais they want a greener Apple, but okay. Still a lot of work to do just now, before they really make those Granny Smith's green.

>>And Al gore isn't all that eniromentally friendly, either.

you could read the top of the page you linked to before you post a link

and also in some places (i don't know about california) energy is produced cleanly

I think I pointed out that wishing for a greener Apple doesn't make it green yet.

Mac related- i'm pissed off with the lack of IM support and GPS in the iPhone . . . grrrrrrr

Very much so lucking forward to .Mac announcements at WWDC ^_^

Are there going to be .mac announcements? They haven't changed the service for years - so what would they change from it? Maybe expand it and give it free with every mac for a year. That would be nice.

Are there going to be .mac announcements? They haven't changed the service for years - so what would they change from it? Maybe expand it and give it free with every mac for a year. That would be nice.

Incorporate google apps into it is one rumor, another is more storage space. Steve Jobs said at D that Apple are looking to change the service soon 'to make up for lost time'.

you'd be better off if they released the new ones a few weeks before its time for you to order because it takes a few weeks before they start shipping the new ones after the anounce/release them (my dad ran into this problem with his mac book pro

My friend would like to know how you turn off 'predictive text' on a apple imac?!

It's like every words he written before, pops up in a long list and it's annoying!

Thanks in advance!

You mean when typing in forms on the internet. Yeah, that can be a bit of a bugger when your girlfriend sees what you've been Googling for. It's in Safari preferences I think.

You mean when typing in forms on the internet. Yeah, that can be a bit of a bugger when your girlfriend sees what you've been Googling for. It's in Safari preferences I think.

Haha, that could well be a problem for him! Thanks dude, i let him know...:D

Haha, that could well be a problem for him! Thanks dude, i let him know...:D

Safari > reset safari (to deleat the stuff every once and a wile)

Safari > Private browsing (to not record history or cookies ect)

found on a help site a second ago

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!