N-Europe

Mac Thread

Charlie

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;429510]Hey hey.

How do I know what games will be compatible with a Mac? Just old stuff but I really want to play Worms' date=' Theme Park etc again.

Can't be bothered to look into it though. Thanks :)[/quote']

If you used Windows before, nothing is compatible. Or you have to run a version of XP on boot camp, then everything is compatible - or run it on paaralellis, no compatibility issues there, either.

I'm getting tempted to install XP on my mac, i just wanna play games and i wish parallels supported games too. looks like i'll wait a bit then install XP via bootcamp.

Also, is there an MAN cliebnt thats better then aMSN that allows me to use webcam?

I'm getting tempted to install XP on my mac, i just wanna play games and i wish parallels supported games too. looks like i'll wait a bit then install XP via bootcamp.

Also, is there an MAN cliebnt thats better then aMSN that allows me to use webcam?

http://www.mercury.to - it's sort-of slow but it supports a lot and it's the most extensive version you'll find for mac.

Refering back to [Girl's Name] wanting to run old dos games on the mac, i found that Dosbox works on the mac and i've been able to run my old dos games with no problems at all, worth checking out , it's quite hard to set up unless ya have used it before but there are GUI's that have been released that can help, but i've been able to run all my DOS games flawlessly. but other than that sadly windows is the only opition, sucks hope this help if not , Ignore :D

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

Refering back to [Girl's Name] wanting to run old dos games on the mac, i found that Dosbox works on the mac and i've been able to run my old dos games with no problems at all, worth checking out , it's quite hard to set up unless ya have used it before but there are GUI's that have been released that can help, but i've been able to run all my DOS games flawlessly. but other than that sadly windows is the only opition, sucks hope this help if not , Ignore :D

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

Thanks. Will keep it in mind and ask for advice once I decide whether to buy a Mac now, or when I get to America. Much obliged though :)

What's the best easy, simple to use paint-style app for Macs?

Try searching for InkScape - it seems pretty good ad it's more elaborate than paint. If that isn't good enough or what you search, Photoshop is the best next option. That's all I know.

What's the best easy, simple to use paint-style app for Macs?

Try Seashore, it's basically a Mac optimised version Gimp. You can do all the basic MS Paint type stuff, plus more advanced Photoshop stuff. It's ace. I wouldn't go with InkScape, that's a vector editor, not really what you're looking for.

Try Seashore, it's basically a Mac optimised version Gimp. You can do all the basic MS Paint type stuff, plus more advanced Photoshop stuff. It's ace. I wouldn't go with InkScape, that's a vector editor, not really what you're looking for.

Vectors Rule! Die in your filthy stink, you pixel-loving budies!

Ah well, at least you get my point.

Try searching for InkScape - it seems pretty good ad it's more elaborate than paint. If that isn't good enough or what you search, Photoshop is the best next option. That's all I know.

photoshop isn't really a drawing program

(i'd try illustrator)

Well, I have Inkscape - which is great! But too vectory.

Thanks, I got Seashore and GIMP!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!