N-Europe

how can you repair the wii

stuwii

I'm spanking mine as we speak. But since I have the internet, i'm spanking for pleasure.

The service line is 0870 6060 247 for UK customers, and the address:

Nintendo Service Centre

Codestorm House

Walton Road

Farlington

Hampshire

PO6 1TR

Call them first. They'll sort out your remote as, since it is an essential part of the Wii, it'll be covered by manufacturers warranty. That said, you may also get some joy from your retailer (afterall, your contract of sale is with the retailer, not Nintendo). I'd see your retailer first and argue that under sale of goods act they are responsible for replacing it (which should be far quicker than sending to Nintendo UK).

but this is the remote with the console so how can i send it away and what is the repairs number or should i just buy a new one

Why don't you just check the back of the manual for the number, as others have told you. Or use common sense.

The retailer should replace it for you, I think they are obliged to at least contact the company for you within the first six months, although they won't tell you that and probably aren't even aware of that fact. Just make sure you have your reciept, go to the shop and tell them.

How did you managed to break the b button anyway? Just because the retailer won't replace it in some circumstances...

The retailer would probably need to replace the entire console, because they have to return the entire thing back to Nintendo. That means that you would lose your saved data on the flash memory. Depends how flexible the retailer is!

You could buy a Wii remote from a local store and return it the next day for a refund, stating that it isnt working...hehe.. That is what I would do (if I was evil).

The retailer would probably need to replace the entire console, because they have to return the entire thing back to Nintendo. That means that you would lose your saved data on the flash memory. Depends how flexible the retailer is!

You could buy a Wii remote from a local store and return it the next day for a refund, stating that it isnt working...hehe.. That is what I would do (if I was evil).

Nah what they'd probably do is take a new wiimote out of another console(if they have it) and then replace it with the broken one and send it back. They might just do it with a regular wiimote off the shelf, most stores don't put faulty exchanges through the books or anything(like on the customer side). Haden, I'd say to try and get a replacement for yours too.

fpoekgpoerjtovieujvgpowe

Was their any point to this stupid and annoying post? Or are you simply the new replacement Solitanze?

well you could buy a wii mote and put the brocken one in the box (return it) and say the one you just bought was brocken.

but thats illegal so don't do it

Ahh, classic, I do that alot with stuff. Problem is sometimes when you take something back as faulty, you can't say 'It's broke so I want a refund' then you end up with something extra that you don't need. Extra wiimote's always handy though!

Rummy is right, most stores will not put an exchange through the paperwork. HOwever, it is always best to ask them to do so - this ensures your protection within sale of goods act (i've been caught out by the arseclowns at Currys). Basically, when you have a faulty item and have it repaired/replaced in the first 6 months, your item is easier to get repaired/replaced if the fault accurs again. However, Currys are conning bastards and should be avoided at all cost.