NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

iPod Video tonight?

That's pretty sweet. Although I don't need one myself since I've got a 30GB music player and a PSP which does vid on a nice widescreen. Nice for the people who haven't though.

It doesn't sound like he's flaming Apple stuff at all. Just that he's saying that Apple shouldn't really be selling the Nano for only £20 less than the much better new iPod.

Well that's what I think anyways.

(P.s. sorry if you're a girl Jordan, just change all the "he's" to "she's")

It doesn't sound like he's flaming Apple stuff at all. Just that he's saying that Apple shouldn't really be selling the Nano for only £20 less than the much better new iPod.

Go and read some the posts by Jordan in the other threads and you will understand Schpickles comments.

Fair enough he might be anti-Apple, but wasn't here. I think Apple needs some constructive critcism though, otherwise they'll be able to get away with murder (a la Microsoft) and release obviously broken products like the iPod Nano. Remember, at the end of the day we don't need them, but they sure as hell need us.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. My MP3 player (iRiver H340) has been able to play videos for ages now. Just looks like Apple trying to play 'catch up' to me, yet somehow the media think its revolutionary. Show's how little they really know.

Unrelated to this thread, but related to my last comment, the media keep going on about the X360, and also watch out for the playstation 3, but they never ever mention that Nintendo have a new console coming out.

Would use the Educational link.. Except my parents would be ordering, and they aren't students. And if I was to order I couldn't because I'm not 18 until Chrimbo Eve.

Yeah,Chris Mac thats exactly what i meant. Creative and iRiver do it too... I mean take this:

Zen Micro is like £20 less than the Zen Touch. Yet you get miles more storage. It makes no sense. Alot of companies seem to do it. Like Nintendo charaging £60 for the GB Micro.. when a DS is like £20 more.

it looks very good. what i meant by chunkier was wider, i dotn know if its wider, it does look wider, probably isnt. if a company has a product that has an image like the iPod does, then they can charge what ever they want for it really, both this new model and the iPod nano are going to sell, even though the nano is expensive in comparison, good luck to apple i say, but i feel sorry for creative and sony, their mp3 players arent going to get a look in the christmas.

If you can play non-purchased video then I might be tempted, but for now meh. I love Lost and DH but I want more than that, namely Veronica Mars.

I heard on the news that we wouldn't be able to download US TV shows due to legal reasons. Thus meaning theres only music videos and the like for the mean time?

I think ABC have allowed for their shows to be downloaded, hence why they're on iTunes. But what im thinking is ripping from DVDs and popping them onto this iPod thingy.

Ooops, I meant to say in the UK. Because ABC obviously don't show them here. BBC/BskyB/CH4/ITV air them, and sometimes pay alot of the licences.

I would assume you can put Quicktime format movies on the new iPod. I just assumed you could, wouldn't be very appealing if not, thats like not being able to put your CD's on your iPod.

I ordered a White 30GB one last night. Shipping date isn't until 24 October though, so I wont have one for about a fortnight.

And yes, you can put any Quicktime MPEG4 video on it. If you do some google searching, you can convert any .wmv or any other format into QT to play on the iPod.

The downside? Only 2 hours video playback battery life.

Ouch, thats not that great is it O_o. Oh well, still the same as the PSP.

2 hours isn't great but when are seriously going to sit down for more than two hours, the only time would be if your going on a long journey by plane or car.

If you can play non-purchased video then I might be tempted, but for now meh. I love Lost and DH but I want more than that, namely Veronica Mars.

You can.

Colin, let me know how it is please. I'm thinking of getting one...

I will indeed Moria. But I have an alarming thought:

We in the UK, unlike in the States, have to pay a TV licence for ANY piece of equipment that can broadcast television. That includes TVs, PCs, Projectors, and mobile devices. Now, I've got a terrible feeling that we'l never see legally downloadable TV shows in iTunes UK because of that. Do you agree?

Exactly what i thought. The BBC will be starting up their own service at the end of the year. However, you can only keep the files for 2 weeks and they have DRM so you can't use them on other devices or players.

I will indeed Moria. But I have an alarming thought:

We in the UK, unlike in the States, have to pay a TV licence for ANY piece of equipment that can broadcast television. That includes TVs, PCs, Projectors, and mobile devices. Now, I've got a terrible feeling that we'l never see legally downloadable TV shows in iTunes UK because of that. Do you agree?

They may get more things like the Pixar shorts, maybe some indepedant films. I dunno, hopefully we'll get something though.

Sign in to follow this